The Millennium Draft - Draw complete - R1 in Progress

Undrafted team:
Falcao-Kane
Pogba-Fabinho-Rakitic
Baines-Bastoni-Laporte-Alderweireld-Salgado
Handanovic

Insane that Falcao (best #9 in the world for a season at least) and Kane went unpicked, truly the right move in this draft (which I did not follow) was to wait on striker until very late. Adriano also a monster at his peak means it's tough not to go 2 up top and compensate with a 3-5-2.

I feel good about the strikers quality. Not sure they'd actually fit together (though Kane dropping deep and Falcao on the shoulder fits in that way) but in a 3-5-2 probably okay and the wingers (Sterling, Gnabry, Robinho, Vicente, Overmars, Joaquin, Palmer) don't seem quite as high quality, though you could definitely drop Bastoni and one of the strikers and go 4 at the back, maybe sub Baines for Ferland Mendy. Pogba has to go in.

Rakitic always a reliable player and Fabinho's peak was excellent until Klopp ran him into the ground early, though you might want more of a passing #6 in this system, but couldn't really think of any other than Calhanoglu and Jorginho and didn't rate either as highly.

CBs were hard, there's also Materazzi and Ledley King and others, might want a top athlete back there.

Not sure the fullbacks/wingbacks are right. Am I forgetting better undrafted wingback than Danny Rose and Dumfries, both of whom had fairly big flaws? Panucci I thought about, but he lost his job to Salgado so I went with Salgado. Shaw probably has a shout and went unpicked due to injuries, but we're talking peak here and his was solid.
Yeah, good team. Loads of great strikers unpicked including those two plus Owen, Crespo, Makaay. In your shape I'd throw in Candela or Spinazzola at LWB and Koulibaly at LCB.

Yeah, good team. Loads of great strikers unpicked including those two plus Owen, Crespo, Makaay. In your shape I'd throw in Candela or Spinazzola at LWB and Koulibaly at LCB.
naa, tried to pick him already, but seems everyone seems to forget he was indeed picked in R9. :lol:

When do you want to crack it? Thursday maybe it's best for me.

Out of curiousity, were anyone close to picking any Danish players? I feel like going from the all star draft there so many great options, born after 1973 - no one. Daniel Agger was perhaps my closest, and I do find him a bit underrated, or maybe underappreciated, but likely wouldn't have picked him. Eriksen is likely our best player in the draft, but there is just way too many options in his position which are honestly better options.

Out of curiousity, were anyone close to picking any Danish players? I feel like going from the all star draft there so many great options, born after 1973 - no one. Daniel Agger was perhaps my closest, and I do find him a bit underrated, or maybe underappreciated, but likely wouldn't have picked him. Eriksen is likely our best player in the draft, but there is just way too many options in his position which are honestly better options.
There were so many hidden-gem #10s around for me that I couldn't even think of Eriksen as a possible option. In hindsight, he might have been a nice sleeper pick, but he'd still be tough to fit in given the numerous attacking options.

agger was the clesest for me as well

was considering Martin Laursen.

I assume we're not supposed to vote in our own games? Can't see the score otherwise?

Undrafted team:
Falcao-Kane
Pogba-Fabinho-Rakitic
Handanovic

Insane that Falcao (best #9 in the world for a season at least) and Kane went unpicked, truly the right move in this draft (which I did not follow) was to wait on striker until very late. Adriano also a monster at his peak means it's tough not to go 2 up top and compensate with a 3-5-2.

I feel good about the strikers quality. Not sure they'd actually fit together (though Kane dropping deep and Falcao on the shoulder fits in that way) but in a 3-5-2 probably okay and the wingers (Sterling, Gnabry, Robinho, Vicente, Overmars, Joaquin, Palmer) don't seem quite as high quality, though you could definitely drop Bastoni and one of the strikers and go 4 at the back, maybe sub Baines for Ferland Mendy. Pogba has to go in.

Rakitic always a reliable player and Fabinho's peak was excellent until Klopp ran him into the ground early, though you might want more of a passing #6 in this system, but couldn't really think of any other than Calhanoglu and Jorginho and didn't rate either as highly.

CBs were hard, there's also Materazzi and Ledley King and others, might want a top athlete back there.

Not sure the fullbacks/wingbacks are right. Am I forgetting better undrafted wingback than Danny Rose and Dumfries, both of whom had fairly big flaws? Panucci I thought about, but he lost his job to Salgado so I went with Salgado. Shaw probably has a shout and went unpicked due to injuries, but we're talking peak here and his was solid.

Good team. Was also acutely aware that drafting a CF first was a dodgy strategy but really just wanted to draft for fun and avoid any planning initially.

Shaw is an interesting one in terms of drafts. Quality was there at his peak, but he just never managed to maintain his top level for a decent period of time, prime example being following that great Shawberto Carlos season with one of his poorest seasons. I considered Grimaldo for LB/LWB on the back of his fantastic season for Leverkusen, but he probably still needs another season on a similar level.

Undrafted team:
Falcao-Kane
Pogba-Fabinho-Rakitic
Handanovic

gabi is a must in that team, vardy and isco should also be in

gabi is a must in that team, vardy and isco should also be in

I like Vardy but he wasn't Falcao or Kane.

Isco makes a lot of sense, along with Eriksen, as a #10 if you play a diamond and 4 at the back.

Gabi a solid pick. Better passer than Fabinho which would be big in a 3-5-2.

Good team. Was also acutely aware that drafting a CF first was a dodgy strategy but really just wanted to draft for fun and avoid any planning initially.

Shaw is an interesting one in terms of drafts. Quality was there at his peak, but he just never managed to maintain his top level for a decent period of time, prime example being following that great Shawberto Carlos season with one of his poorest seasons. I considered Grimaldo for LB/LWB on the back of his fantastic season for Leverkusen, but he probably still needs another season on a similar level.
I didn't realize that, could have taken Rodri instead of Haaland (whose goals I do think are underrated here, he's basically been 1 in 1 for Dortmund, City and Norway) and just grabbed Falcao when I took Gattuso.

I like Vardy but he wasn't Falcao or Kane.

Isco makes a lot of sense, along with Eriksen, as a #10 if you play a diamond and 4 at the back.

Gabi a solid pick. Better passer than Fabinho which would be big in a 3-5-2.

i dont rate kane so id take vardy any day of the week.

To be honest, no. Had 3-4 on my list and from that Laursen was probably closest, but there were so many options as you say when you get into that tier.