Film Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Yeah the Matrix really was exceptional. Pity about your opinion on the dark knight :( as I love it and it’s up there for me. Speed is another one of my favorite action films.

Yep, Aliens is another classic, near-flawless film along with Predator. Rocky 1/2 was also great, albeit more of a drama than an action flick.

I assume movies such as Gladiator, Braveheart etc aren’t direct competitors to this type of action genre?
There were moments in Gladiator that topped everything, including music and I'm not surprised when the movie came from the same guy who created Alien franchise and was still in top form then.

I'm no expert, just feels Braveheart was bit more serious movie than typical Arnie action flick, though 'Freedom!' and 'I'll be back' are classic lines in some sense to this day. :lol:

This and RoboCop were the first two non-kids films that my Dad let me watch with him when I was a kid. Haven't watched either for ages, but they both have a lot of sentimental value still attached to them.

There were moments in Gladiator that topped everything, including music and I'm not surprised when the movie came from the same guy who created Alien franchise and was still in top form then.

I'm no expert, just feels Braveheart was bit more serious movie than typical Arnie action flick, though 'Freedom!' and 'I'll be back' are classic lines in some sense to this day. :lol:
Absolute classics :lol: :drool:

Love T2. Remember watching it as a kid, and tearing up when
Arnold immersed himself in the furnace in the end
. Repeated viewings since then haven't diminished the appeal.

Although Total Recall, like any Verhoeven film (see also Robocop or Starship Trooper), actually has a lot more going on than the surface-level action. That's partly why his films stay relevant longer than similar contemporary stuff.

Love T2. Remember watching it as a kid, and tearing up when
Arnold immersed himself in the furnace in the end
. Repeated viewings since then haven't diminished the appeal.
Unfortunately the same can’t be said for repeated Terminator films.

Although Total Recall, like any Verhoeven film (see also Robocop or Starship Trooper), actually has a lot more going on than the surface-level action. That's partly why his films stay relevant longer than similar contemporary stuff.
Robocop's comercial breaks definitely got the dystopian social commentary in best morbid sense of humor possible. Starship Troopers (great shout !) had a great thing with war propaganda going on.

Not many movies had that elusive element indeed. They Live! from J. Carpenter still to this day creeps the piss out of me in that regard.

Perfect movie. Redemption story, strong female character, child protagonist, sacrifice, parenthood, Sci-fi, action, horror and Guns’n’ Roses!

I'd say it's a perfect movie despite having a child protagonist. Kids with big roles usually ruin movies for me since they more often than not are pretty bad actors but this is one of the few exceptions.