Film Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Parma Dewol

Still one of the best action movies ever.

Needed something to watch seeing as there’s no game on tonight. Only half way through the movie and it’s such a relentless ride. Perfect blend of stunt work and special effects creating some of the most amazing action sequences even to this day.

Sure the kid’s annoying, but I can look past that given how incredible everything else is. T1000 still terrifying, and Sarah Connor is just a bad ass.

First saw it in 1991 on pirate copy from the local newsagent! Was great even when you could see people standing up in front of the camera. 30 years later, now watching it in 4K, and it’s still breathtaking.

Has there been a better action movie?

Can remember going to the cinema to see it, hopefully it will get a screening as they pop up now and again.

It's pretty much flawless... I think I'm being serious too.

I watched this at the flicks. It was either T2 or New Jack City. I think I made the right choice. Great action film.

Perfect movie. Redemption story, strong female character, child protagonist, sacrifice, parenthood, Sci-fi, action, horror and Guns’n’ Roses!

When someone throw shit like 'older movies doesn't have strong female protagonists, blah blah blah', just show them Terminator 2. One of these movies ahead of everything.

Fantastic movie. Just epic from minute first to minute last.

Robert Patricks character is one of the greatest and scariest villains of all time

Its my favorite action movie of all time, I think it's perfect to he honest.

T2, matrix 1 and Jurassic Park. 3 movies that if ever I see them on TV while channel surfing, I will stop and watch it. (Doesn’t happen now very often as no one has cable these days in India)

Good move, still prefer T1.
T2 is just relentless action that's proved pretty ageless- the T1000 is still a great baddie. Absolute classic of a film.

T1 is great too, but obviously much darker and lower budget/less ambitious. They're different genres really, with T2 an all-out action film and T1 more sci-fi horror.

T2, matrix 1 and Jurassic Park. 3 movies that if ever I see them on TV while channel surfing, I will stop and watch it. (Doesn’t happen now very often as no one has cable these days in India)
Swap Jurassic Park for Robocop and Total Recall.

Whether it's the best of all time I dunno but it's certainly one of the best. Still an almost flawless movie from start to finish and Sarah Conner was / is badass. I love my daughter seeing strong female leads and this is one of the best.

My only gripe with it is one that I noticed on my cinema visit all those years ago. When young John Conner hops on that motocross bike to escape, he must change up a gear every single two seconds for the whole chase. That bike must have 30+ gears. Small, almost pissy level of criticism but that's what you get with perfect movies.

Easily in my top 10 of all time and can rewatch it. The original is a great story but looks dated now with the eye scene and the end Terminator looks so bad.

It's pretty much flawless... I think I'm being serious too.
It's a perfect action film, no doubt. Still looks good too, which is amazing considering how quickly effects date.

It's so perfectly paced. There is not a single scene that was missing or that is superfluous. I can't think of another movie where i could state that.

@Parma Dewol the kid didn't even bother me, i thought it was a genuine depiction of a rebellious teenager missing a father figure

What do you guys think of the Terminator movies that followed?
I thought the 3rd was still quite good, although not on the level of the first two obviously.
But every movie after the 3rd was pretty much garbage and hurt the franchise imo.

On IMDB the 3rd movie is actually the one with the worst rating, so I'm curious if my "3rd one is clearly the best of the rest" opinion is controversial.

It's so perfectly paced. There is not a single scene that was missing or that is superfluous. I can't think of another movie where i could state that.

@Parma Dewol the kid didn't even bother me, i thought it was a genuine depiction of a rebellious teenager missing a father figure

I thought the 3rd was still quite good, although not on the level of the first two obviously.
But every movie after the 3rd was pretty much garbage and hurt the franchise imo.

On IMDB the 3rd movie is actually the one with the worst rating, so I'm curious if my "3rd one is clearly the best of the rest" opinion is controversial.
Personally, I don't rate any of them very highly beyond the first 2. Some of them are just about watchable but that's the best I'd be able to level at them, similar to the Alien franchise.

I actually liked Salvation taken in isolation from the others.

Yeah definitely in my top 5 - if not top 3.

Where would you guys rank The Matrix and The Dark Knight (assuming both are classified as ''action" and comparable to T2). Would they make your top 5/10?

Where would you guys rank The Matrix and The Dark Knight (assuming both are classified as ''action" and comparable to T2). Would they make your top 5/10?

The Matrix is possibly my favourite film of all time, and I’m one of the very few people that really doesn’t like TDK!

So for me, Rotten Tomatoes style…

The Matrix 95%
T2 83%
Dark Knight 55%

First Matrix was fun but that oversaturation with special effects reached almost absurd levels in Matrix 2 and 3, while T2 had perfect balance in just about everything.

Dark Knight on it's own is a solid flick, but I wouldn't compare it to T2. The only movies that could hold against were probably Aliens, Robocop I & II and Predator 2 which is such an underrated sequel.

Agent Smith in first Matrix felt like perfect villain, but was it more sophisticated than T-1000 ? Topic for a serious debate !

Up there with Jurassic Park in terms of rewatch value. Independence Day as well. Die Hard 2 and 3. Total Recall. Alien. Aliens.

Probably tops Jurassic Park in overall quality as well.

90s was the golden era of action films. Most of the big action flicks nowadays are incoherent garbage where every character is either a sulky child or an insufferable in your face lunatic.

Up there with Jurassic Park in terms of rewatch value. Independence Day as well. Die Hard 2 and 3. Total Recall. Alien. Aliens.

Probably tops Jurassic Park in overall quality as well.

90s was the golden era of action films. Most of the big action flicks nowadays are incoherent garbage where every character is either a sulky child or an insufferable in your face lunatic.
Oh yes. Total Recall is perfect type of sci-fi movie to challenge T2.

Cult classic Arnie movie can be topped by another Arnie movie was almost the law of the 80s & 90s.

The Matrix is possibly my favourite film of all time, and I’m one of the very few people that really doesn’t like TDK!

So for me, Rotten Tomatoes style…

The Matrix 95%
T2 83%
Dark Knight 55%
Yeah the Matrix really was exceptional. Pity about your opinion on the dark knight :( as I love it and it’s up there for me. Speed is another one of my favorite action films.
First Matrix was fun but that oversaturation with special effects reached almost absurd levels in Matrix 2 and 3, while T2 had perfect balance in just about everything.

Dark Knight on it's own is a solid flick, but I wouldn't compare it to T2. The only movies that could hold against were probably Aliens, Robocop I & II and Predator 2 which is such an underrated sequel.

Agent Smith in first Matrix felt like perfect villain, but was it more sophisticated than T-1000 ? Topic for a serious debate !
Yep, Aliens is another classic, near-flawless film along with Predator. Rocky 1/2 was also great, albeit more of a drama than an action flick.

I assume movies such as Gladiator, Braveheart etc aren’t direct competitors to this type of action genre?