Team of the Tourney

NoPace

Might as well start it early and have a thread for it so we can see how it changes as we go along. So far, I've got:

Musiala------Havertz--------Man
---Fabian Ruiz-----Barella---
-------------------Lobotka-------------------
Ake--Calafiori---Dragusin-Carvajal
-----------------Simon----------------------

But I had no real takes on keeper or RB so went with Whoscored.

Kante should be in.

He played really well, against pretty good opposition (Austria's weaker players are not anywhere near his area of the pitch).

I could see including him and just dropping Carvajal, but I thought Lobotka and Barella were even a cut above, just dictating their games.

Might as well start it early and have a thread for it so we can see how it changes as we go along. So far, I've got:

Musiala------Havertz--------Man
---Fabian Ruiz-----Barella---
-------------------Lobotka-------------------
Ake--Calafiori---Dragusin-Carvajal

But I had no real takes on keeper or RB so went with Whoscored.

Musiala keeps his spot, Havertz forfeits his:

-----------Morata--------Musiala-------------
---------Fabian Ruiz-----Barella-------------
------------Kroos----Lobotka-------------------
Ake--Calafiori---Dragusin----Carvajal

Cucurella with a good shout at left back here
I wasn’t even gonna tempt fate by putting this in here. Chelsea fans know he’s been our highest rated player in many matches second half of the season once we started inverting. But everyone else seems to be convinced he’s awful, so I found it hilarious he could do this if Spain advance far while he’s playing this well.

Like all posts I will also use this as a stab at Southgate: look what happens when players are asked to do the things they are good at …. The shock.

Verbruggen is doing really well. Though not as well as Donnarumma did yesterday.

Ngolo Kante has had 2 of the best performances in the tournament thus far

So far after 2 match days...

Donnarumma - Ratiu, Le Normand, Upamecano, Mendes - Kroos - Fabian, Gündogan - Yamal, Musiala - Morata

I haven't really seen any standout striker yet, so I'm gonna go with Morata who at least had two decent perfomances.

Yamal and Musiala have proven why they are so highly rated.

Ratiu might be the surprising choice here but hey, he was a key player for Romania in both matches where they played some refreshing football.

A little shout out to Eriksen. MoM performance and a goal against Slovakia. An assist and part of a great performance as a team against England.

Eriksen really doing well.. Jerdy Schouten, Bart Verbrugge and Nathan Ake are the best for NL so far.. Nico Williams, Fabian Rui and Lamal are awesome for Spain.. Griezman against NL was pure perfection bar having had scored a goal. Kante was great.. I think Ndoye from Swiss has been quite impressive.. Calafiori as well.. Musiala amd Kroos stand out for me most from Germany..

So far I’d say:

Mamardashvili (GEO)

Carvajal (SPA)
Bijol (SVN)
Akanji (SWI)
Prass (AUT)

Vitinha (POR)
Kroos (GER)
Fabián Ruiz (SPA)

Williams (SPA)
Gakpo (NL)

Mikautadze (GEO)

Subs: Diogo Costa (POR); Pepe (POR), Calafiori (ITA), Cucurella (SPA); Xhaka (SWI), Freuler (SWI), Sabitzer (AUT); Musiala (GER), Yamal (SPA)

So far I’d say:

Mamardashvili (GEO)

Carvajal (SPA)
Bijol (SVN)
Akanji (SWI)
Prass (AUT)

Vitinha (POR)
Kroos (GER)
Fabián Ruiz (SPA)

Williams (SPA)
Gakpo (NL)

Mikautadze (GEO)

Subs: Diogo Costa (POR); Pepe (POR), Calafiori (ITA), Cucurella (SPA); Xhaka (SWI), Freuler (SWI), Sabitzer (AUT); Musiala (GER), Yamal (SPA)
How can we put players of teams that lost in the R16 on the team of the tournament? The Georgia folks will see the QF, SF and F from home, and they lost 4-1. So what they defeated a Portuguese team without 8 starters and that played for nothing? Same for Calafiori of Italy.

How can we put players of teams that lost in the R16 on the team of the tournament? The Georgia folks will see the WF, SF and F from home, and they lost 4-1. So what they defeated a Portuguese team without 8 starters and that played for nothing? Same for Calafiori of Italy.

I personally think it’s very simplistic to just pick players from the best teams. Perhaps at the end of the tournament there will be players who have done better in those positions. For me it’s about rating the players on how they have played individually instead of team success.

How can we put players of teams that lost in the R16 on the team of the tournament? The Georgia folks will see the QF, SF and F from home, and they lost 4-1. So what they defeated a Portuguese team without 8 starters and that played for nothing? Same for Calafiori of Italy.
I’d assume it’s just TOTT up to the R16 at this point? The team will change I would assume. Well that’s what the OP said anyway

I’d assume it’s just TOTT up to the R16 at this point? The team will change.

Indeed it is. As I said, so far.

I think it would be frankly stupid to have say Austrian players in the TotT and if they lose three hours later change them immediately because their team went out.

At least one French defender should make it in, no?

After yesterday I'd put Diogo Costa on goal. Extremely crucial save in extra time and stopped 3 penalties.

It's been so slim pickings this Euro..Did virtually every country come up with their most boring junk manager for this tourney or what? There is some talent at the Euros, but we are not allowed to see it.

It's been so slim pickings this Euro..Did virtually every country come up with their most boring junk manager for this tourney or what? There is some talent at the Euros, but we are not allowed to see it.

What makes you think it’s all about the managers?

Ferdi from TR at left back should make it. Very consistent performer. Played all games. High level.

Kante from FR should also make it. I think he was MoTM in 2/4 games until now

I haven’t paid much attention to Spain’s individual performers, but Rodri seems like a no brainer?

So far for me it's:

----------------------------Füllkrug---------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Gakpo-----------------Musiala---------------------Nico
--------------------F.Ruiz---------Kanté---------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
T.Hernández-----------------------------------Kimmich
---------------------Saliba-------Rüdiger-------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------Maignan----------------------------

So far for me it's:

----------------------------Füllkrug---------------------------
Gakpo-----------------Musiala---------------------Nico
--------------------F.Ruiz---------Kanté---------------------
T.Hernández-----------------------------------Kimmich
---------------------Saliba-------Rüdiger-------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------Maignan----------------------------
Fullkrug and musiala were a bit shit against Spain when it counted. I think wurtz should be in there