Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

I actually thought the pub quiz was a bit of a mess and didn’t really make much sense.

5 points to everyone is the same as 0 points for everyone, which was a shame after so much effort went into it. Emma was the clear 5 pointer, 4 for Guernica, 3 for Van Gogh, 2 for Banksy and 1 for the soup.

Ambition should have been rewarded.

I actually thought the pub quiz was a bit of a mess and didn’t really make much sense.

5 points to everyone is the same as 0 points for everyone, which was a shame after so much effort went into it. Emma was the clear 5 pointer, 4 for Guernica, 3 for Van Gogh, 2 for Banksy and 1 for the soup.

Ambition should have been rewarded.
Totally agree with this

The pub task was a farce. It was just Alex pretending to be distracted by someone rolling on the floor for both teams over and over again.

True. For me Emma deserved 5 points. Baba and Rosie didn't deserve full 5 points. Also I am against only 1 contestant getting 5 points in live tasks.

Emma - 5, Easily the best. And a pretty obscure choice
Andy - 4 for ambition to attempt it in the first place, let alone do a decent job
Jack and Baba - 3 for decent recreations
Rosie - 2 for the Sam Campbell/Campbell Soup thing. Otherwise 1

No idea why the live task ended as soon as someone completed it. Surely could have carried on until all completed or got disqualified. I imagine the live audience being bored as feck watching it thought, so they wanted to end it as soon as possible. The live tasks have been shit for ages now. They'll have to do away with them at some point.

Emma - 5, Easily the best. And a pretty obscure choice
Andy - 4 for ambition to attempt it in the first place, let alone do a decent job
Jack and Baba - 3 for decent recreations
Rosie - 2 for the Sam Campbell/Campbell Soup thing. Otherwise 1

No idea why the live task ended as soon as someone completed it. Surely could have carried on until all completed or got disqualified. I imagine the live audience being bored as feck watching it thought, so they wanted to end it as soon as possible. The live tasks have been shit for ages now. They'll have to do away with them at some point.
Reckon show ends once we get a champion of champions of champions. So 6 more seasons to go after this one…plus a couple of champion of champions and maybe a few new year treats. Essentially it’ll be done in about 4 years.

Reckon show ends once we get a champion of champions of champions. So 6 more seasons to go after this one…plus a couple of champion of champions and maybe a few new year treats. Essentially it’ll be done in about 4 years.
So after 25 seasons,will there be champion of champions of champions?

So after 25 seasons,will there be champion of champions of champions?
Nothings obviously been announced about it, but at that point they’ll have 5 champion of champions…and it’s got to end somehow, champion of champion of champions seems a good way to finish it

I reckon it’ll continue for at least another decade.

They’ll never run out of contestants and the Greg/Alex roles are as fresh as on day one. The pair of them love the show and it’s free money at this point. I can’t see either tiring of it.

They’ve also got several other countries making TM now, and can steal and adapt tasks from them.

Currently on season 15 so i'm almost caught up. Where there were talking about whether Mae threw it or not and they say there was wrist action, Ivo replying, "If that's the case i'd be throwing my penis across my room every morning." fecking hilarious tbh, I love Ivo. :lol:

I would be disappointed with a games night that turned out like that, nevermind a national TV show.

One contestant breaking the rules and running to get 10 points, another contestant finding the object before the task has even begun and a live task that finished in 10 seconds.

I would be disappointed with a games night that turned out like that, nevermind a national TV show.

One contestant breaking the rules and running to get 10 points, another contestant finding the object before the task has even begun and a live task that finished in 10 seconds.
Yeah, my wife was furious that nobody picked up on the fact Babatunde was running, which won him the show.

On the live task, you had to throw the one legged animal first, as there’s then no way that the other side could possibly have 22 points. Seemed a poorly thought out concept generally though.

Another abysmal live team task that is inexplicably all or nothing on points.

When will Horne learn that they dont work?

Another abysmal live team task that is inexplicably all or nothing on points.

When will Horne learn that they dont work?

They’re just doing something different this season. It’s no drama to me but a little irksome.

With the final studio task they could have just reshot it a few times. Declared a win, but played another 2-5 times to get that team winning, but with far more animal tossing carnage. Kind of against the spirit of the show but not by much.

Live task probably worked better in the producers' heads. They didn't account for the possibility that one of the teams would be daft enough to say out loud which animal they'd be throwing.

I agree about the series being middle of the road.

Live task probably worked better in the producers' heads. They didn't account for the possibility that one of the teams would be daft enough to say out loud which animal they'd be throwing.

I agree about the series being middle of the road.

To be fair, the team who said which animal they were throwing was the one which won.

Never really liked Rosie Jones on other shows she’s done much, feel like she’s coming across really well in the though and enjoying her (though Andy is my fsvourite from this cast)

Baba cheated. Really surprised none of the contestants brought that up.
It’s certainly a trend that Greg & Alex became way more lenient towards the competitors, which is a bit of a shame — some of the all-time great moments of the show came from these brutal disqualifications on a technicality (like Joe Wilkinson’s potato throw). I can’t imagine early Greg giving 5 points to everyone either (especially when there’s a clear difference in ambition and overall effort).

So much better by just having a simple live task. Robot was creative, smell one was simple and fun.

And it’s got to be said for all the worry, Rosie has been the best contestant this series. I think a lot of people were very unfair before it started, and she has proven them wrong.

Easily the most entertaining this episode.

Can anyone explain the maths on the age question? I get an answer less than 17k and can’t obviously see how it could be something different.

Can anyone explain the maths on the age question? I get an answer less than 17k and can’t obviously see how it could be something different.
Nope, feels like they’ve just got it wrong. He’ll be 46 and a bit won’t he? They’ve done it as 48.

This is a good season certainly better than the last one. Love how Jack is winning despite his best efforts not to do so

Nope, feels like they’ve just got it wrong. He’ll be 46 and a bit won’t he? They’ve done it as 48.

Yep that’s about what I get as well. Seems an odd error but fortunately made no difference in the circumstances - maybe that meant that they didn’t check the actual answer too carefully!

Good episode generally I thought. I was glad there was no “smellovision” option as even the thought of a couple of those jars was making me feel queasy.

So much better by just having a simple live task. Robot was creative, smell one was simple and fun.

And it’s got to be said for all the worry, Rosie has been the best contestant this series. I think a lot of people were very unfair before it started, and she has proven them wrong.

Personally I think the guys (exception of Bubba) have carried the Season. Rosie's been decent though, probably 3rd for me.

Yeah I was wrong about her. She’s been decent.

They definitely got it wrong, just doing 365 times 46 is 16,790, add on 11 or 12 for leap years and the highest it can be is 16,802.

They definitely got it wrong, just doing 365 times 46 is 16,790, add on 11 or 12 for leap years and the highest it can be is 16,802.

I doubt they got it wrong. His birthday is in September and they asked what age he would be in days on December 25th 2024. That date is in the future. The math works.

I doubt they got it wrong. His birthday is in September and they asked what age he would be in days on December 25th 2024. That date is in the future. The math works.

The maths doesn’t work.

46x365 = 16,790 days

10/9 - 25/12 = 106 days

12 leap years

16,908 days

I think their answer was about 17,400.

The maths doesn’t work.

46x365 = 16,790 days

10/9 - 25/12 = 106 days

12 leap years

16,908 days

I think their answer was about 17,400.

Yeah you’re right. Just went back to check the phrasing and numbers.

There are a couple of Reddit threads that reasonably address the error.

I thought there was something in him saying/agreeing that his birthday was on Christmas Day ‘like Father Christmas’.

Reddit threads and other suggestions say the detail got lost in the edit and they had to fudge it.

But you’re right on the math. And Jack bailed so it’s all less important. They may have just had that one teed up for comedic value if those two ever had a tiebreaker? Dee giving up was so on brand and quite funny.

Rosie is a gem! I was worried too but she has slotted in amazingly. Her coffin. :lol:

Rosie is a gem! I was worried too but she has slotted in amazingly. Her coffin. :lol:

I thought she really came into her own last episode, some really funny moments and Jack seems to love her. Her face when there was no smell :lol:

Not even close for me but she's been much better than I've expected. This has been her best episode so far.