Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

The level of how you wrote that ‘joke’ and some of your other posts that arent disability-related make me think you wrap moderately sized dildos in sandpaper and stuff them up your bum. ‘Up to’ 50% of people do that, so I’m on firm ground here.

Honestly, stop. Just dislike her and leave it there.

Rosie Jones is an accomplished stand up, a writer who has written for; Harry Hill, Would I Lie To You, 8 out of ten cats does countdown, a whole episode of of Sex Education for Netflix. She’s had a bunch of Channel 4 solo shows. She appears on panel shows, has had success month long runs at Edinburgh fringe, a podcast, a comedy special, she tours and sells tickets, she writes for several publications, and has written children’s books.

She also made a whole documentary entitled ‘Am I a R*tard’ which confronts the sheer volume and awfulness of online comments towards her.

By casually suggesting she’s mentally not all there… puts you in the Cnuty group. Just don’t do it. All the facts are there, documentaries are available, interviews, written content. All to explain what Cerebral Palsy is to you, and how it affects her life. But no ‘She laughs when I don’t expect it, so I’ll suggest she’s stupid’.

Just stop.
Great post.

I recently got recommended this on youtube with clips, watched a few then discovered all episodes are on there for free. Working my way through and currently on season 9 episode 8. Loving it tbh although in all seasons so far Iain from season 8 is the only one i've actively hated, insufferable prick.

Josh Widdicombe was also an early contender for most annoying.

Forget bottom 5, what's top 5?

I'd go

1. Bob Mortimer
2. Mike Wozniak
3. John Kearns
4. Rhod Gilbert

My top 4 is basically nailed on, then it's a toss up between Sally Philips, Mel Giedroyc, James Acaster, and Joe Wilkinson (for the potato scene alone).

I'd go

1. Bob Mortimer
2. Mike Wozniak
3. John Kearns
4. Rhod Gilbert

My top 4 is basically nailed on, then it's a toss up between Sally Philips, Mel Giedroyc, James Acaster, and Joe Wilkinson (for the potato scene alone).
I'd sub Kearns for Fern Brady and add Sam Campbell or James Acaster as my fifth choice.

Wozniak, Sally Philips, Rhod Gilbert, Phil Wang, Baddiel and Gamble as a double act, Morgana Robinson (she's gorgeous) Ardal for all his shit stirring and Kearns and Christie.

I'd go

1. Bob Mortimer
2. Mike Wozniak
3. John Kearns
4. Rhod Gilbert

Gilbert is number 1 for me, felt like he broke Alex and Greg. :lol:

His first ever task having Alex in the bikini, then he steps into the shot and he’s also in one.

Gilbert is number 1 for me, felt like he broke Alex and Greg. :lol:

His first ever task having Alex in the bikini, then he steps into the shot and he’s also in one.
Loved Rhod on the show!

He got perhaps the best ever double-take out of Greg in this task!

Also loved Rhod and James going back and forth arguing over every task!

Loved Rhod on the show!

He got perhaps the best ever double-take out of Greg in this task!

Also loved Rhod and James going back and forth arguing over every task!

I loved that one! The fact he thought it was the ongoing joke of the naked photo of him, and it was his mum in the bath.

That final task has to be up there as one of the least creative yet. As others have said, the laugh track is so bad this season too. Perhaps it's finally showing signs of running it's course.

As for Rosie, she isn't my cup of tea with the style of humour, but her and Jack are in a completely different league than the other three.

Dee should have been on earlier with better people around him. He can dead pan the shit out of anyone at his level, doing it with this lot just seems too easy for him.

That final task has to be up there as one of the least creative yet. As others have said, the laugh track is so bad this season too. Perhaps it's finally showing signs of running it's course.

As for Rosie, she isn't my cup of tea with the style of humour, but her and Jack are in a completely different league than the other three.

Dee should have been on earlier with better people around him. He can dead pan the shit out of anyone at his level, doing it with this lot just seems too easy for him.

Thought I'd struggle with Rosie but she hasn't been a problem. But this laugh track has turned the show into a deranged fever dream. Treats the tv audience like imbeciles.

I watched a few bits from series 12, which didnt even have a studio audience, just to see the difference and my god. Less is so much more.

The tasks in this ep were shite. We're right back in season 15 egg peeling, 'do something interesting with this umbrella' territory.

Last edited:
The two finale tasks have been shocking so far. Absolutely no skill or strategy in the one tonight.

Hopefully the tasks will pick up but so far it looks like they really struggled to find interesting tasks to take into account Rosie’s limitations.

That said, I’m quite enjoying the contestants so far. Some good camaraderie and the awkward introductions between the group of 3 were entertaining. Jack Dee and Rosie is like an excitable puppy paired with a weary sheepdog.

The two finale tasks have been shocking so far. Absolutely no skill or strategy in the one tonight.

Hopefully the tasks will pick up but so far it looks like they really struggled to find interesting tasks to take into account Rosie’s limitations.

That said, I’m quite enjoying the contestants so far. Some good camaraderie and the awkward introductions between the group of 3 were entertaining. Jack Dee and Rosie is like an excitable puppy paired with a weary sheepdog.
They can't all be bangers, in fairness.

They have a remarkable hit-rate really. 18 seasons and another handful of specials/clash of champions etc. They've probably had to make well over a thousand tasks now and that's only the ones shown on TV. There are probably loads that were filmed and not even shown.