Suprisingly good movies*

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Surprisingly good movies*

* or at least exceeded your expectations.

I've just watched the movie Gabriel, and I was pleasantly suprised.

I hired it just so I could relax my brain for a few hours after some mean study sessions, figured it'd just be a average-to-poor movie of the 'Underworld' ilk. But much to my suprise it wasn't, and was infact a pretty good movie in all (mind you I could pick the 'twist').

So how about it, any movies take you guys by suprise?

Harold and Kumar get the munchies. That was actually a really funny movie, despite the fact it seemed like another, "Dude, where's my car?"

Watched a film a few nights ago, it came out last year. It's called The Invisible. We put it on and it started off a bit weird, didn't really know what to expect from it because I didn't even know anything about it or what type of film it was, but it actually turned out to be a great film that I'd definitely watch again :D

* or at least exceeded your expectations.

I've just watched the movie Gabriel, and I was pleasantly suprised.

I hired it just so I could relax my brain for a few hours after some mean study sessions, figured it'd just be a average-to-poor movie of the 'Underworld' ilk. But much to my suprise it wasn't, and was infact a pretty good movie in all (mind you I could pick the 'twist').

So how about it, any movies take you guys by suprise?

I saw that tonight and it was one of the worst films that I have ever had the misfortune to waste time watching. It made zero sense and took a huge amount of time doing so being over 5 hours long. Or at least it seemed that long.

It would have been tolerable as a 3 minute MTV vid.

Dog Soldiers is on tonight, well this morning 1.30am. Might stay up for that then get onto the match afterwards.

I saw that tonight and it was one of the worst films that I have ever had the misfortune to waste time watching. It made zero sense and took a huge amount of time doing so being over 5 hours long. Or at least it seemed that long.

It would have been tolerable as a 3 minute MTV vid.

Haha. Well I think the age difference might play a part in this.

I do have a fascination with the devil/angel thing, and I really dig the whole gothic and dark theme to movies.

Anyhow, for a movie that I figured would be shite; I found it surprisingly enjoyable.

Monsters Inc
Finding Nemo
Hoodwinked
TMNT
Meet The Robinsons
The Incredibles
etc

Thought they'd have all been shit, all were pretty good rofl

Dog Soldiers is a brilliant movie. Dog Soldiers 2 is out sometime this year I think

Dog Soldiers is a brilliant movie. Dog Soldiers 2 is out sometime this year I think

I heard there is also going to be a Descent 2, I'd love to see that. IIRC DS and Descent shared the same director.

Transformers

thought it was gonna be shit with tyrese and shia lebouf starring in it
not to mention michael bay directing it and how gay the transformers acted

luckily the badass aviation tech made it worth watching
(F22 dogfights, A10 strikes, and AC130 spectre gunships :drool:)

oh and megan fox :drool:

I saw Arlington Road the other week. Wasn't expecting much but found it quite entertaining - particularly the end (which I hadn't anticipated).

It's pleasantly surprising when you dont get the big Hollywood-feelgood-everything's-fine-again type bollocks.

Is Arlington Road the one with the terrorists? If it is then, yeh, I found that film surprisingly good, too.

One I watched the other day and was pleased with how good it was is Gattaca with Ethan Hawke, Jude Law and Uma Thurman. Was actually rather excellent.

School of rock is the most overrated shite i have ever seen! Going by reviews and all i thought it would be a lot, lot better than it was.

Thought Transformers was shite aswell.

Oldboy is a film that i expected nothing from, and enjoyed it immensely. Doubt most of you have seen it, could be wrong.

Is Arlington Road the one with the terrorists? If it is then, yeh, I found that film surprisingly good, too.

One I watched the other day and was pleased with how good it was is Gattaca with Ethan Hawke, Jude Law and Uma Thurman. Was actually rather excellent.

Gattaca is amazing.

"You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back."

Semi-Pro
What Happens in Vegas
Meet the Spartans

geez pal, I know its opinions and all that but semi-pro!, thankfully I watched what happens in vegas straight after which meant the whole night wasnt ruined.

I just dont think Will Ferrell can carry a whole movie on his own these days, at least in old school, anchorman etc he had a good supporting cast.

ok suprisingly good movies:-

Pans Labriynth
Reign over me
American Psycho

Bugsy Malone - was on Fox Classics other night and found it quite amusing as I've not seen it since our headmaster forced us to watch it one Easter when I was about ten.

I saw Arlington Road the other week. Wasn't expecting much but found it quite entertaining - particularly the end (which I hadn't anticipated).

It's pleasantly surprising when you dont get the big Hollywood-feelgood-everything's-fine-again type bollocks.

Arlington Road is one of my all-time favourite movies.

What an ending, eh!

Dog Soldiers was on before the France match last night, coincidentally. Good movie.

What's that about a Dog Soldiers 2? Any trailers out?

Gattaca is amazing.

"You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back."

I agree, really a great movie, probably Ethan Hawke's best performance