Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

Yeah, but you're saying it's not 1 billion as though it's a badge of honour, 750 is a fecking massive chunk of change to spend on a place that will never house silverware.

No badge here mate, i dont particularly care what it costs at the end of the day, Im just stating the real figures. You last statement of "never" is a bit childish TBH, but what ever floats your canoe.

No badge here mate, i dont particularly care what it costs at the end of the day, Im just stating the real figures. You last statement of "never" is a bit childish TBH, but what ever floats your canoe.
It's not childish at all, Spurs are nearly-rans, I genuinely can't see them winning anything.

The 1 billion figure although never stated by the club includes not only the ground itself but the entire North London development project to include the college (which was built first) the hotel and around 400 flats (still to be built).

I don’t know what it includes but it’s a big sum and actions speak louder than words.

Actions as in not signing anyone.

I don’t know what it includes but it’s a big sum and actions speak louder than words.

Actions as in not signing anyone.
Yes, they do.

Chelsea is looking into building a new stadium.
Liverpool is looking into building a second tier onto the Anfield stand after already expanding the Main stand.
Arsenal have built a new stadium.
Spurs are building a new stadium.

You can ignore that and pretend you are still fine (most capacity woohoow) but Old Trafford is getting on and United will have to invest in its stadium as well between this and (at the most) twenty years.

Yes, they do.

Liverpool is looking into building a second tier onto the Anfield stand after already expanding the Main stand.

You can ignore that and pretend you are still fine (most capacity woohoow)
but Old Trafford is getting on and United will have to invest in its stadium as well between this and (at the most) twenty years.

Capacity is the reason the others are expanding and building so in the scheme of things Old Trafford is fecking fine.

Capacity is the reason the others are expanding and building so in the scheme of things Old Trafford is fecking fine.
Like Nou Camp was fine but they're still rebuilding it? You'll see.

Like Nou Camp was fine but they're still rebuilding it? You'll see.
That's their choice though, we don't have to or need to. Even once all the other teams have done theirs we'll still have the highest capacity club ground and if our twat owners see no need to increase then it doesn't matter.

Yes, they do.

You can ignore that and pretend you are still fine (most capacity woohoow) but Old Trafford is getting on and United will have to invest in its stadium as well between this and (at the most) twenty years.

Chelsea have a billionaire owner.
Liverpool generate 20% more revenue than Spurs and have a hell of a lot more supporters worldwide.
I support Arsenal. Finances are fine.
Spurs have won 2 cups in 25 years and played in the CL 4 times. 1 billion stadium on that busienss model. Good luck.
If you’re talking about Manchester United they generate almost double the revenue of Spurs and already have a huge stadium. Refurbishing and expanding it wont cost much and even if it did they can easily afford it.

Chelsea have a billionaire owner.
Liverpool generate 20% more revenue than Spurs and have a hell of a lot more supporters worldwide.
I support Arsenal. Finances are fine.
Spurs have won 2 cups in 25 years and played in the CL 4 times. 1 billion stadium on that busienss model. Good luck.
If you’re talking about Manchester United they generate almost double the revenue of Spurs and already have a huge stadium. Refurbishing and expanding it wont cost much and even if it did they can easily afford it.

What is your point on "1 billion stadium on that busienss model. Good luck."?

What is your point on "1 billion stadium on that busienss model. Good luck."?

Good luck paying back 1 billion stadium loan (more like 700m) as the 6th richest club in the PL while keeping that team in the top 4 because without the 50m CL revenue you are going to be screwed. Pocettino and Levy have done an incredible job imo and you’re overachieving significantly. Let’s see how long it lasts.

Fair comment?

Good luck paying back 1 billion stadium loan (more like 700m) as the 6th richest club in the PL while keeping that team in the top 4 because without the 50m CL revenue you are going to be screwed. Pocettino and Levy have done an incredible job imo and you’re overachieving significantly. Let’s see how long it lasts.

Fair comment?

Its a bit of a generic response, ENIC is an investment company and their end game was always to sell on for a profit. Once the stadium is complete the club IMO will be put "on the market". They u were never going to be fulltime owners unless Joe Lewis himself bought the club personally. Our transfer activity hasn't really changed in the ENIC years, its mostly buy to sell its our model, that won't be effected by the stadium.

As for the overachieving, as a club finance wise we probably are overachieving but as a team IMO we are underachieving.

Its a bit of a generic response, ENIC is an investment company and their end game was always to sell on for a profit. Once the stadium is complete the club IMO will be put "on the market". They u were never going to be fulltime owners unless Joe Lewis himself bought the club personally. Our transfer activity hasn't really changed in the ENIC years, its mostly buy to sell its our model, that won't be effected by the stadium.

As for the overachieving, as a club finance wise we probably are overachieving but as a team IMO we are underachieving.

Maybe it’s a generic north London thing. We thought the same about Stan Kroenke and he’s only gone and bought out the crooked oligarch who was going to invest billions in our team. That bastard is now our owner indefinitely and he’s not selling who is to say Enic will sell either?

Kroenke could have made close to 3x his original investment but he’s still holding on. There is a reason why these Americans hold onto EPL clubs and unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be related to trophies.

Maybe it’s a generic north London thing. We thought the same about Stan Kroenke and he’s only gone and bought out the crooked oligarch who was going to invest billions in our team. That bastard is now our owner indefinitely and he’s not selling who is to say Enic will sell either?

Kroenke could have made close to 3x his original investment but he’s still holding on. There is a reason why these Americans hold onto EPL clubs and unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be related to trophies.

Both Levy and Joe Lewis are English, thats has always been how they will work. If they don't sell I will be surprised, but not really disappointed TBH. I think people are reading to much into the transfer window just passed, I dont think it means we wont ever sign a player again, more that it was a horrible transfer window for most clubs who wanted to improve on what they already had.

Yeah, but you're saying it's not 1 billion as though it's a badge of honour, 750 is a fecking massive chunk of change to spend on a place that will never house silverware.

Ouch. Not a Spurs fan but I involuntary squeezed my legs together when I read this, felt like a low blow.

Both Levy and Joe Lewis are English, thats has always been how they will work. If they don't sell I will be surprised, but not really disappointed TBH. I think people are reading to much into the transfer window just passed, I dont think it means we wont ever sign a player again, more that it was a horrible transfer window for most clubs who wanted to improve on what they already had.

IMO you are now where we were in the early years post Highbury. The difference is back then we had a weaker Liverpool, Spurs, Aston Villa and Everton as rivals for the 4th place trophy while City were nowhere to be seen until 2010 or so. And of course we still had the glow of the invincibles and the transfer market had not gone insane yet.

The whole sell to buy is premised on being able to replace the sold player with equal or better quality. This is incredibly difficult you’re going to have to rely on Levy/Poch to keep beating the market like they have done in the past. Eventually it’s going to run out of steam and a few bad signings later you will be in deep trouble.

I said before this transfer window started that Spurs would struggle to make signings and I’ve been proven right. You simply cannot afford a Roberto Soldado type signing when you have so much debt. That’s what happened with Grealish .

Crisis over Jim White says were ready to open lol.

https://talksport.com/football/4138...adium-news-spurs-green-light-update-due-soon/

Interesting bit...

“The price of the stadium hasn’t gone up. The stadium comes in at between £400million and £450million but with the hotel, the museum and everything else that goes with it the figure is closer to £800million. And I know for a fact it’s being paid for by club resources and bank finance. It’s all done, all in place.

“The contractors, Mace, have come to us with a statement and said: ‘The contractor recognises the problem and acknowledges the problem and they are working day and night to sort it’.”

Last edited:

Fair comment?

No, it's not fair comment, not least because you are plucking figures out of the air. Spurs do not have a £700m debt.

Moreover, the new stadium complex will increase our income by something approaching £100m per season, which is double any £50m loss that we may - or may not - suffer from not having CL football.

No, it's not fair comment, not least because you are plucking figures out of the air. Spurs do not have a £700m debt.

Moreover, the new stadium complex will increase our income by something approaching £100m per season, which is double any £50m loss that we may - or may not - suffer from not having CL football.
Don't forget to include the loan interests which were one of the reasons Arsenal had to sell a big name every summer.

I believe that £100 mil you’re talking about is just £30 mil shy of covering the wage bill..

Levi is gonna have to choke down the fact that going forward that’s not going to cut it in terms of retaining big names and attracting new or established talent.

Whatever way you look at it, it’s a precarious house of cards he’s playing with.

Can you show me where you plucked the 100m a season revenue increase from?

Also are you not the same guy who predicted a transfer budget of 150m for this window?

I believe that £100 mil you’re talking about is just £30 mil shy of covering the current wage bill..

To get top, top talent in, you’re going to have to at least be thinking of doubling that figure, never mind transfer fees along with future loan repayments.

Does that give you any pause for thought?

ENIC have a £700m debt, they are the main ownership of the club, and are an investment company, ie looking to make money.
Whilst in public the owners state there's two separate accounts, you can bet your life that they go hand in hand, so whilst the £700m loan is under ENIC, the club will be utilised to pay it back.
I fear you are also quoting another fans figures with the income statement.
Unless your owners sell, that money will probably never be used to benefit the team.

I believe that £100 mil you’re talking about is just £30 mil shy of covering the wage bill..

Levi is gonna have to choke down the fact that going forward that’s not going to cut it in terms of retaining big names and attracting new or established talent.

Whatever way you look at it, it’s a precarious house of cards he’s playing with.

The same old same old dire predictions that are more wishful thinking than anything else. And it doesn't matter that the £100m income boost is less than our wage bill, it's still an income boost.

With both a new stadium and the net boost to our annual income that comes with it (net means even after subtracting debt repayments), how are Spurs suddenly going to become less attractive to players?

The logic of your claim escapes me, largely because it's non-existent.

The same old same old dire predictions that are more wishful thinking than anything else. And it doesn't matter that the £100m income boost is less than our wage bill, it's still an income boost.

With both a new stadium and the net boost to our annual income that comes with it (net means even after subtracting debt repayments), how are Spurs suddenly going to become less attractive to players?

The logic of your claim escapes me, largely because it's non-existent.

Cause they won't afford them in the first place having to service that debt?

It's not childish at all, Spurs are nearly-rans, I genuinely can't see them winning anything.

I dont know, I think they easily have a good enough squad to take out a cup competition.

As for the stadium what does this mean for CL games? All being played at Wembley? Do they get to switch their home games mid way through the competition to the new WHL?

ENIC have a £700m debt, they are the main ownership of the club, and are an investment company, ie looking to make money.
Whilst in public the owners state there's two separate accounts, you can bet your life that they go hand in hand, so whilst the £700m loan is under ENIC, the club will be utilised to pay it back.
I fear you are also quoting another fans figures with the income statement.
Unless your owners sell, that money will probably never be used to benefit the team.

I see. Do you likewise add up all of the debt owed by the various Glazer family businesses and call it Manchester United debt?

Whilst you're at it, why don't you lump onto the Spurs club debt all and any debt owed by other major shareholders such as Levy and his family?