Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm sure he'll be fine after the international break. Glad to have him in. Think he'll be very important for us

The-Mezzala

Impressed in the WC and Europa Conference final. Good signing IMO. Physical decent on the ball. Still think we should of gone for Kone not Mount in the Summer but this is a good signing no doubt there will be moaners on here. But Midfield of Casiemero Amrabat will get the best out of Bruno

Last edited:

Dazzmondo

Very happy with this signing. It doesn't completely save our window but it at least gives us more balance in midfield (assuming ETH plays him beside Casemiro instead of reverting to playing 2 cams again). Having somebody who can progress the ball that doesn't have the defensive weaknesses of Eriksen will improve us massively imo. I'd be interested to see one of Mount or Bruno switched to the right (I'd prefer it to be Mount tbh considering Bruno's been by far our best player playing in the centre this season).

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Great player. One of the Best defensive midfielders in the world IMO. I've always been a fan of this kind if players tbh.

erikcred

Very happy with this signing. It doesn't completely save our window but it at least gives us more balance in midfield (assuming ETH plays him beside Casemiro instead of reverting to playing 2 cams again). Having somebody who can progress the ball that doesn't have the defensive weaknesses of Eriksen will improve us massively imo. I'd be interested to see one of Mount or Bruno switched to the right (I'd prefer it to be Mount tbh considering Bruno's been by far our best player playing in the centre this season).
In my view, this takes us to likely 2nd place in the league.

Fooza

ETH bit:

The academy at FC Utrecht gave him his first opportunity. Amrabat played for the Dutch under-15s but switched to Morocco for the Under-17 World Cup and never went back, despite last-minute interventions from Dick Advocaat and Ruud Gullit, huge figures on the Dutch scene.Then, at the age of 18, something big happened in Amrabat’s life. Erik ten Hag took over as Utrecht manager.

“That was so important for me,”says Amrabat.“It was my second year in the first team. He made a plan for me. He asked me about my strong points and what I wanted to improve. From the first day, he was busy with me. Not only me, all the players.

“A lot of coaches are busy in general with the team but he put a lot of time into individual work because he knew if the individual was better the team would be better.

“After every game, he would take me through a video and explain everything to me.I was 18 or 19 years old, so sometimes I was thinking, ‘Oof, again?’. But now, when I look back,I know it was so important for my career.I learned such a lot from him.”

Eriku

Haven’t seen much of him, but going by how he looked for Morocco in the WC I think he’s going to be a good addition. Too bad we couldn’t sort this out earlier and will have to wait, seeing how porous our midfield’s been so far.

Pughnichi

He’ll at least improve us physically… which after the first few games was an absolute necessity

people just bounce off him and he trundles on unphased

Rolaholic

Officially official

That caps off a successful transfer thread my fellow Muppets :drool:, was fun following this one all summer with everyone :D

Hope he manages to help provide the balance that we desperately need in midfield this season

Last edited:

Dazzmondo

In my view, this takes us to likely 2nd place in the league.
Wouldn't go that far yet. Lb is a weakness with Shaw out, rw could be a weakness but hopefully not if Mount or Bruno can perform there, and we will be very reliant on Hojlund having a great season which is a lot to ask of him. I think rb is stilla bit of a problem despite AWB improving and it looks like Varane's injury issues will continue, so the squad's far from perfect still.

Big Ray

I’m laughing at people thinking mount will start ahead of this maestro! Before the mainoo injury, people seem to forget that ETH’s first choice midfield was playing him in a two for all pre season matches. Amrabat will now take that position, with him, Casemiro and Bruno being the first choice three. More stability, quality and balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.