Sleeping Dogs

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
So is the game living up to a GTA style game? how would it compare quality wise

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
If you have a good enough PC get it for sure... day one HD textures pack and DX11 support, great graphics and very smooth gameplay. It shits all over GTA IV for sure, and is very enjoyable in the Saints Row kind of way. Game is quite easy, driving is slightly arcadish but still fun. The city of Hong Kong is bloody beautiful.

mlclauhk

If you have a good enough PC get it for sure... day one HD textures pack and DX11 support, great graphics and very smooth gameplay. It shits all over GTA IV for sure, and is very enjoyable in the Saints Row kind of way. Game is quite easy, driving is slightly arcadish but still fun. The city of Hong Kong is bloody beautiful.
Lets hope my PC is up for the test! Are you using a controller for your PC?

redspoony

got this today, played about 30 minutes. Very impressed with it. Graphics aren't the best, but it plays very well, and the story seems good.

Leg-End

Finished this last night, very enjoyable. Could have done with a few more missions though, I mean its not exactly short but I feel like it could have done with more cop cases which were enjoyable but there simply wasn't enough of them.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Worth a play? I'd only rent it but would help get rid of the boredom of playing FIFA all the time.

Leg-End

Worth a rental, if you really just play through the story you could probably finish it.

Hitchcocker

Spent most of my weekend playing Sleeping Dogs. Brilliant game all round. One of the few open world games where you care about the stories.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Loving this so far

VoetbalWizard

GET THIS GAME!

fecking brilliant.

An interactive combination of Infernal affairs, Hardboiled, SPL, Flashpoint.

Anyone who loves HK crime/noir films will love this game.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Really good game.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
So this is only 23 pounds on amazon.

But I do notice it is only the standard edition. Does this matter?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I ordered this earlier, only £20 on Amazon. Getting delivered tomorrow, looks the shit tbh. Seems to be a game that slipped under the radar, never heard much about it until now.

Kaos

Got this for free with the GPU I ordered (along with the new hitman, FarCry 3 and the new shitty MOH game), can't wait to try it out.

iSparky

We have had several of these style of games so far in American settings so having one in the setting of Hong Kong is pretty exciting.

Kaos

We have had several of these style of games so far in American settings so having one in the setting of Hong Kong is pretty exciting.
Not played any of the Yakuza games then? Granted there's no driving but the mechanics are still very similar. Then there's also the two best games of all time - Shenmue I and II, but they're not really crime/cop sims.

iSparky

Nope never played them, never even heard of them!

Kaos

Pick up a copy of Yakuza 4 then! Its only £15 on Amazon. (Watch Youtube videos or read some reviews if youre unconvinced then). They're essentually GTA in Tokyo...well with no driving and slightly less freedom, but they're still brilliant.

vanthaman

Winner
I do want this but I've got so much to play at e moment it's gonna have to wait till Xmas

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I've already finished the game (100% completion). Loved it.

It's a well built game with no major flaws. The story and characters are a bit bland when compared with GTA games (well, any sandbox will suffer in comparison to those) but good enough to drive the gameplay.

Driving is fun, Honk Kong looks lively and great, and though there is some shooting involved, the shift to melee combat is what sets it aside from other games, I think. The combat is very fun, dynamic and varied. Batman's style of attacks and counters with different types of enemies. Shooting is great and the fact that it's scarce make it for worthwhile moments.

All in all it's a very good game, I think it deserved more attention.

Rooney1987

I know most wouldn't go this far but Sleeping Dogs is probably my game of the year so far. As I am a big fan of Shenmue, Yakuza series and GTA so as soon as I found this loved it. But like many this game slipped under the radar, was just brawsing the demos on Xbox thought I'd try and glad I did. Hope it's done well enough to get a series out of it.

Anyone tries the DLC yet of this, I'm yet to try it.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
DLC seems shit, just like Just Cause... A few weapons, cars, and 3 races. Nothing that adds much to the gameplay like missions or the like.

iSparky

Just arrived, looking forward to getting into this.

iSparky

Im loving it so far, love the setting and the city and the few missions I have done so far are pretty promising too.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
It was alright, nothing groundbreaking but good fun. The driving was much better than in a lot of games (although it was completely ripped out of Wheelman) and the story was actually pretty good, well worth £15.

That damn pork bun salesman...

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Yeah it was pretty good, but virtually every adventure game since Arkham Asylum seems to have that kinda style of combat now. The environment kills were good.

Tomalonge

Yeah it was pretty good, but virtually every adventure game since Arkham Asylum seems to have that kinda style of combat now. The environment kills were good.
I prefer this to the AA system though, there was too much flipping around and it got distracting. This sticks to the possible.

EDIT: Agreed with the environment kills too, they don't really get old.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Picked this up for £15 yesterday. Seems decent so far. The driving mechanics are a bit retarded though.