Simone Inzaghi

tentan

Poor man's poster.
On the verge of history.

Was he a better player or manager? Spurs next?

Fantastic achievement reaching the final nonetheless.

Inter fans were totally unhappy with his form throughout the year in the leage but he got them in CL final so it will be calm for a period of time now.

Was he not a very average player? I can't say I remember him too well.
Eh, he was pretty good but nothing special. Still iirc the first guy to score 4 goals in a CL game since the rebranding or something

Very good manager but his in-game management and especially his subs are a constant source of panic and rage for inter fans :lol:

Inter fans were totally unhappy with his form throughout the year in the leage but he got them in CL final so it will be calm for a period of time now.

Exactly, 2 months ago when Inter were in danger of losing top 4 there were some sacking rumours in Italy.
Obviously playing a CL final is a great achievement for any club, especially for Inter.

He deserved more tonight. Let down by a lack of quality from his attackers.

My estimation of him went through the roof tonight. Didn't expect that. Gave Citeh the fright of their lives with way inferior players. Reduced Haaland to stopping quick releases from Onana. Impressive job tonight, if ultimately futile.

Really found a good way to play against City, better than anyone in recent months. But the players weren't good enough ultimately. Good job to make the final, even if with a generous draw, that team had no right to be near it.

If he had another Italian teams attack, such as Napoli’s frontline, they’d have won.

Osimhen doesn’t miss the chances Lukaku missed. Martinez was just as bad. Anyone but Lukaku!

His tactics were spot on. Just didn't have players with enough quality in the final third to finish it off.

Very good performance and game plan. The strikers were a let down but the defence and overall set up was fantastic (...and where the feck was that Darmien performance for us).

Might just have shown an interesting way to combat City's system with the two strikers and forcing them very narrow.

Until I saw this thread, I thought maybe this Inzaghi was born offside AC Milan Inzaghi as I don't really remember what Pippo Inzaghi looked like

He did a much better job that Erik did last week (although City were much more nervous about the occasion).

He did a much better job that Erik did last week (although City were much more nervous about the occasion).
Tbf we conceded after ten seconds which basically killed any game plan put in place.

Very good performance and game plan. The strikers were a let down but the defence and overall set up was fantastic (...and where the feck was that Darmien performance for us).

Remember thinking he was really good for the first few games he played for us, then he got destroyed by Sanchez and ozil in about 30 minutes and never recovered

Excellent tactics by Inzaghi yesterday.
could have easily gone to extra time.

Brilliant game plan. Was very unlucky he had Lukaku mess it up for him. Dzeko scores that header.

Out of interest, what do you think the score would've been tonight had Inter conceded after 15 seconds?

Good point. But I always contend that a well drilled, switched on team, don't concede early goals, especially not after 13 seconds.

All Inter's players were "on it" from the start yesterday. They knew they needed to be. Ours were asleep.

He did extremely well with his limited options and could've pulled one hell of a heist yesterday if his attackers knew where the goal was. He seems to be a great cup manager, can't comment on his league form.

Was he not a very average player? I can't say I remember him too well.

Average Centre-Forward.

A lasting memory/image I have of him is him walking off the pitch with a bloodied broken nose after Jaap Stam accidently smashed his elbow into his face in the Super Cup Final against Lazio 1999

Not average at all. I signed him on a Sunderland save in CM 99/00 for pittance, and he went on to score a feck tonne for me. Legend.

If he had another Italian teams attack, such as Napoli’s frontline, they’d have won.

Osimhen doesn’t miss the chances Lukaku missed. Martinez was just as bad. Anyone but Lukaku!
Careful, you've got to try to sell him :lol:

He was very average indeed.

Always like him, more than his older brother.

Filippo was more prolific for sure, but I remember him was more comfortable with the ball and good link up play with his partner striker. Unfortunately, he was injury prone.

Also, in terms of personality he seems to be not as ambitious as his brother. Never bothered being a second fiddle for years at Lazio, although he could be a main man in other teams.

Italian Tuchel

Far from it. He is uncontroversial manager. He never asks clubs management to buy a player. He never alienates his player (rotates player a lot).

Tactic wise, he is very rigid with his 3-5-2 formation so far, but could be flexible with his in game management when the situation needs him to.

I would say, he is more similar to Carlo Ancelotti.

I think both him and ETH did their best. He brought Lukaku, we brought Werghost. We can't blame the manager for lack of options.

For whatever reason I think he's pretty under appreciated by football fans, has done a cracking job with what he's been given at inter genuinely making them one of the continents top sides.

For whatever reason I think he's pretty under appreciated by football fans, has done a cracking job with what he's been given at inter genuinely making them one of the continents top sides.
He and Naglesmann are still my favorite choices post ETH. Think his coaching is exceptional (obviously there’s the language barrier though I think). Inter plays almost a throwback 70’s Dutch position less style and it’s great to watch compared to how standard most teams approach tactics

Probably cause he goes against the grain of a lot of modern football thinking. Keeper and defenders who are primarily to keep the ball out (though they can play). All 3 midfielders play like old no.8's and go box to box. He doesn't tick the checkboxes people rave about these days. He's a good manager who plays a bit like Conte when Conte was good and didn't set up to play coward ball.

Inter’s starting 11 tonight cost under €100m ie less than Grealish!

Great team performance showing what a brilliant coach Inzaghi is. Silva and KDB looked well off the pace as most of the game Inter’s midfield well on top.