Shea Lacey

Shea Lacey looks a talent but some of the posts and social media posts about him are way over the top. Let the kid develop and build up a reputation on performances rather than heresy. Its not fair to hype him up so much so early. Unrealistic expectations, so many brilliant players coming through the kids at the moment they wont all make it. Shea needs to get a season in the youth team where he burns it up and then moves to the Reserve team. Hopefully his injuries are only due to growth spurts.

Feels like he is missing out on too much football now.

Shea Lacey looks a talent but some of the posts and social media posts about him are way over the top. Let the kid develop and build up a reputation on performances rather than heresy. It’s not fair to hype him up so much so early. Unrealistic expectations, so many brilliant players coming through the kids at the moment they wont all make it. Shea needs to get a season in the youth team where he burns it up and then moves to the Reserve team. Hopefully his injuries are only due to growth spurts.
This comment is posted in every single youth thread, it’s beyond lazy. People are going to discuss him, it’s a consequence of playing for United. Yeah, statistically most youth players won’t make it at United, does it really need repeating in every single youth player thread?

This comment is posted in every single youth thread, it’s beyond lazy. People are going to discuss him, it’s a consequence of playing for United. Yeah, statistically most youth players won’t make it at United, does it really need repeating in every single youth player thread?
This comment too, to be fair ;)

This comment too, to be fair ;)
True, maybe every OP can just include a disclaimer that the youth player in question more than likely won’t make it so my and Mylok’s comments can be prevented

True, maybe every OP can just include a disclaimer that the youth player in question more than likely won’t make it so my and Mylok’s comments can be prevented
I think we should introduce a new acronym that everybody can use in the youth section?

NMNP - Next Messi, No Pressure
DGBWCT - Deffo Generational But Who Can Tell?
PWCPSL - Potential World Class, Probably Sunday League

IMO

I think we should introduce a new acronym that everybody can use in the youth section?

NMNP - Next Messi, No Pressure
DGBWCT - Deffo Generational But Who Can Tell?
PWCPSL - Potential World Class, Probably Sunday League

IMO
NTBU?

I think @Mylock comment makes sense in this certain case. Lacey has been injured for a year but there are still non-stop discussion about him including comparison with Foden and how he is our answer to Yamal etc

How about just let him… well actually back to playing football and even prove himself at U21s level before bigging him up

Shea Lacey has bulked up immensely and looks like he’s had a growth spurt
Amass as well. Looks like a proper first team player now, not a “Take your child to work day” type.

ezgif-7-9337337abe.png