Serie A and Italian football 2015/2016

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
The 2015/16 season starts today in half an hour with the Italian Super Cup between league and cup champions Juventus and Cup runner's up and league 3rd Lazio. The game is played in Shanghai and is played early as Lazio have to compete in the Champions League qualification round.

Juve have lost Andrea Pirlo, Carlos Tevez as well as Arturo Vidal and are without the injured Giorgio Chiellini, Sami Khedira and Alvaro Morata, but Mario Mandzukic will have his debut. Lazio's starting Eleven remains very similar to last season with new signings Ravel Morrison, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Ricardo Kishna all on the bench.

Huge season for the Milan clubs. Expect them to be fighting for fourth spot, neither good enough for third I don't think.

Exciting season ahead with the Italian clubs proving once again in the transfer window that they take scouting seriously and make some ballsy moves instead of going for the tried and tested. Three moves in particular have impressed me to no end. Udinese's decision to bring in Ali Adnan represents a signing that makes Juve's future left back predictable. I have him down as the biggest left back talent in world football currently yet for some unknown reason he was allowed to waddle around in the Turkish league.

The acquisition of Quintero by Bologna also represents a big time move. One of the very most gifted youngsters in world football will be given the chance to show what he's about. Reckon it won't be long till he makes some big statements and earns a move to an even bigger club after Porto wasted his time. Find it perplexing how a team as small as them can get in what I'd consider a player with ballon d'or potential, but what can we say, these are the times we live in.

Then of course there's my personal favorite move and the one that's going to have me glued to my screen more than any other. Morrison moving to Lazio means that they could potentially have something really special on their hands. Word is pre season is already going as planned and he has everyone licking their lips in anticipation.

Its going to be exciting to see how all these turn out. Also exciting to see how Muriel finally settles at sampdoria(if he does at all), Dybala is a dead cert to succeed imo, also Kovacic getting it done and finally possibly reaching the levels he could always achieve. Kondogbia has to be impactful for inter given how much they've invested. Jovetic could potentially resurrect his career and a partnership between him and Icardi is worth waiting for(perfect balance imo). Then there's Pjanic who had a disappointing campaign last time around, looking for him to bounce back.
Will Rugani prove to be the mega talent that its said he is?

Just can't wait for the season to start with all this talent doing the rounds there. Another thing is seeing whether Juve are going to retain the title given they've lost some really big players. Marchiso will replace Pirlo obviously, dybala to replace tevez, and then we all know that Khedira is no vidal. Inter have done some good work in the market so far with 2 of the front six positions getting heavy upgrades(palactio to Jovetic and guarin or medel to Kondogbia). This will really hot up if they are still on the market and are looking to get more done. Napoli are said to be after salah which could then have them playing with a Insigne, Salah and Higuain front line. They've bought some real talent in midfield with Valdifiouri and Allan. Sounds like a title competing team especially with what sort of football their new coach loves to employ. Exciting times I tell ya!

Huge season for the Milan clubs. Expect them to be fighting for fourth spot, neither good enough for third I don't think.
Milan are a mess and don't look like they take anything seriously nowadays. However inter have made some serious move this summer and given Juve is likely to drop a notch, I'd say they could find themselves competing for the title if the right combinations are played. I think they are a midfielder light, but even with what they have I think they're good enough. They also need to stop trying to get rid of Shaqiri and actually give him a chance to prove his worth. Jovetic, Miranda and Kondogbia represent a big summer imo. All huge upgrades compared to what they had.

Juve 2
Lazio 0

Debut goals from Mandzukic and Dybala.

Pogba MOTM. Looks like he's going to try his best to make up for what they've lost in that division in the summer.

Pogba MOTM. Looks like he's going to try his best to make up for what they've lost in that division in the summer.

There are high expectations placed upon him. It's his fourth season at the club now. He has been a certain starter for two seasons now. He is still young, but he is not a young talent just arriving on the scene anymore. With the players we have lost this summer, it's time for Pogba to become a pillar of the team and a leader. Him asking for the no. 10 shirt suggests that he knows what is expected from him and that he is willing to for it. Today was a good start. :)

Really looking forward to this season. Here's just a nice breakdown of significant transfers from the bigger sides.

Neto - Fiorentina to Juve
Rugani - Returning loan from Empoli to Juve
Khedira - Madrid to Juve
Vadala - Boca to Juve
Dybala - Palermo to Juve
Manduzkic - Atleti to Juve
Zaza - Sassuolo to Juve

Sczeney - Loan from Arsenal to Roma
Romagnoli - Returning loan from Sampdoria to Roma
Salah - Loan from Chelsea to Roma
Ibarbo - Loan from Cagliari
Destro - Returning loan from Milan
Dzeko - City to Roma

Reina - Munich to Napoli
Chiriches - Spurs to Napoli
Hysaj - Empoli to Napoli
Allan - Udinese to Napoli
Valdifiori - Empoli to Napoli

Miranda - Atleti to Inter
Murillo - Granada to Inter
Montoa - Barcelona to Inter
Kondogbia - Monaco to Inter
Biabany - Free agent to Inter (used to be Parma)
Jovetic - City to Inter

Bertolacci - Roma to Milan
Mauri - Parma to Milan
Verdi - torino to Milan
Bacca - Sevilla to Milan
Luiz Adriano - Shakhtar Donestk to Milan

Mauricio - Sporting Lisbon to Lazio
Basta - Udinese to Lazio
Hoedt - AZ to Lazio
Milinkovic-Savic - Genk to Lazio
Ravel Morrison - Free agent to Lazio (used to be West Ham)
Kishna - Ajax to Lazio

I still think Milan need lots more investment. Lots of rumours of a big money move for Romagnoli. Still, they need an experienced centre back with proper midfielders. Poli isn't good enough and I'm not sold on Bonaventura and Honda. Inter look to have a quality spine but they need to keep Shaqiri I think and Hernanes needs a big season for them to do well. Icardi,Jovetic and Palacio are good strikers but they need Hernanes and Kovavic to have good creativity for them. Napoli should be good under Sarri and have done good business. All in all, should be a very tight season this year.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this season. Here's just a nice breakdown of significant transfers from the bigger sides.

I still think Milan need lots more investment. Lots of rumours of a big money move for Romagnoli. Still, they need an experienced centre back with proper midfielders. Poli isn't good enough and I'm not sold on Bonaventura and Honda. Inter look to have a quality spine but they need to keep Shaqiri I think and Hernanes needs a big season for them to do well. Icardi,Jovetic and Palacio are good strikers but they need Hernanes and Kovavic to have good creativity for them. Napoli should be good under Sarri and have done good business. All in all, should be a very tight season this year.

Havent they told him to get a new club or sit in the stands? It looks likes he doesnt fit with their plans

Havent they told him to get a new club or sit in the stands? It looks likes he doesnt fit with their plans

yeah, he only joined in January. Seems like they want to replace him with Perisic (Wolfburg/ Croatia). Surely Shaqiri on form is better than him Biabany or really any other winger in the league ,outside possibly Iturbe or Salah?

Džeko to Roma.

Missed that one. Cheers!

yeah, he only joined in January. Seems like they want to replace him with Perisic (Wolfburg/ Croatia). Surely Shaqiri on form is better than him Biabany or really any other winger in the league ,outside possibly Iturbe or Salah?

Perhaps its more than a football thing..attitude perhaps? The thing is he should go to a club that will have him and stop being so picky, I doubt Inter are bluffing about the stand thing to be honest. They did that with Sneidjer too.

Can Roma win the title this season? It would be nice to see Totti lift the Scudetto before he retires.

They were way off winning the title last season, though with Vidal, Pirlo and Tevez leaving Juve, this season could be a good one for Roma. Looks like they had big problems when it came to scoring goals last season and with the acquisitions of Salah and Dzeko they're doing well. If Digne goes there on loan that could be a good signing for them too as he did well from an attacking point of view in the games he played for PSG this preseason.

They'll need to start beating Juventus in the games they play against each other. Juve won 3 of the last four league games and Roma haven't won in a couple of years. They haven't beaten Juventus both home and away in the same season in their entire history either.

Can Roma win the title this season? It would be nice to see Totti lift the Scudetto before he retires.
Roma had few good additions, Salah, Falque, Džeko.
With Digne coming in squad is more than good.
In the attack they are well stoked. Defense still remains a question mark though imo. Great to see Castan back but its a question how good will he be since coming back from illness..
Sczesney is a great buy also.
In any case with Juve loosing some very important players its a good chance for Roma to go all the way but..
The biggest question mark is above Garcia. Has he learned something from last year when the team played awful. He's too inflexible, always goes with the same formation and sometimes it seems he just rotates players for the sake of it. Especilly in defense where you dont tinker too much and have a reliable CB pairing most of the time. He always says the same boring stuff and last year he embarrassed himself after saying he knows Roma will win the title after loosing to Juventus (albeit being robbed by the ref).
As Damien says Garcia has an awful record against big clubs, esp Juventus.

What is he doing in Lazio kit?
Ok he went to Milan but what the hell?

I thought Milan were going to sign more players. Bacca and Romagnoli will improve them significantly but I am not convinced the rest will make that much of an impact (admittedly though I know very little about most of them). Luiz Adriano is not a great striker IMO. They were after Witsel and that would have been great.

I thought Milan were going to sign more players. Bacca and Romagnoli will improve them significantly but I am not convinced the rest will make that much of an impact (admittedly though I know very little about most of them). Luiz Adriano is not a great striker IMO. They were after Witsel and that would have been great.

Jackson Martinez is a good buy. I hope they use Honda more as a number 10. He's wasted out wide.

Jackson Martinez is a good buy. I hope they use Honda more as a number 10. He's wasted out wide.

Yeah, for Atletico it is. Not sure if Atletico buying him is going to have any impact on Milan. :)

What is he doing in Lazio kit?
Ok he went to Milan but what the hell?

Some saying that he was always a Lazio fan, maybe a reason why he didn't want to stay at Roma? His favorite player is Nesta too. Still a proper dick move to act like this to his former club, but also for Milan fans it's weird. I don't want to see Memphis doing a selfie in an Arsenal shirt either.

Some saying that he was always a Lazio fan, maybe a reason why he didn't want to stay at Roma? His favorite player is Nesta too. Still a proper dick move to act like this to his former club, but also for Milan fans it's weird. I don't want to see Memphis doing a selfie in an Arsenal shirt either.
Memphis is arsenal fan?
In any case first roma milan game will sure be fun with that dick playing for milan.

Might watch Italian football for the first time ever this season as it has been added to my subscription. I'll probably start by the first game of the season, Verona-Roma. It's going to be the matter of Seria A or La Liga each week this season. Juve playing at the same time as Athletic-Barca and Real playing at the same time as Fiorentina-Milan and Atalanta-Inter. So, sell me the Seria A.

Gotta love that super cheap subscription with multiple Seria A games per week, all the PL games, 4 CL games per matchday, 3-4 EL games per matchday, all Real and Madrid plus other La Liga games and more than half of all the EC qualifier games :D

Last season, my prediction was that if Vidal were to leave Juventus, Inter would be the Champion.

Double feck, neither he was gone and Inter did worse than i expected.

this season i come renewed on my believe, and with a top 3.

1. Inter
2. Roma
3. Juventus

1-0 Verona in the opening game against Roma. Very open back and fourth game, Verona deserve the lead IMO. Just under 30 minutes left.

What a fecking goal by Florenzi! He has a knack for scoring screamers, doesn't he?

The Verona keeper should have done better though.