Serie A 2024/25

SilentWitness

Has a Dutch member.
Staff
Supports
Everton
Some big movements in the league in terms of managers and players already.

It will be interesting to see how Conte does with Napoli and Motta with Juve respectively. Especially Napoli as it appears there could be big changes on the horizon due to the Conte style.

Interestingly they've been linked with Mykolenko and Bologna have been linked with Beto. In return we have been linked with a loan move for Lindstrom from Napoli!

T

It will be interesting to see how Conte does with Napoli and Motta with Juve respectively. Especially Napoli as it appears there could be big changes on the horizon due to the Conte style.

Interestingly they've been linked with Mykolenko and Bologna have been linked with Beto. In return we have been linked with a loan move for Lindstrom from Napoli!
thanks for starting thread, Silent

Beto? Is he good enough ?

Beto? Is he good enough ?

Seems to have been decent for Udinese, hitting 10+ league goals in back to back seasons but he hasn't looked good enough for us. He has good pace and determination to him but he's very clunky as a player unfortunately and I don't think we can afford to wait for him to get up to speed.

Lindstrom was utterly wank for Napoli. He maybe at a push had one good moment. I thought he would do a lot better personally

Lindstrom was utterly wank for Napoli. He maybe at a push had one good moment. I thought he would do a lot better personally

I've heard but also looking at transfermarkt he barely had any game time. 4 games where he played more than 30 minutes and c.25 games where he played less than 30 mins with 8 of those playing less than 10!

Milan have signed Morata, a bit out of the blue, to be honest. Didn't hear any noises about this transfer.

Inter got Taremi .... he's supposed to offer some turnover and allow Lautaro Martinez to occasionally rest.
With regards to Morata, it was indeed a bit out of the blue, but will offer Milan more attacking chances. Giroud was getting too old.

I'm watching Bad Sport on Netflix, Calciopoli seems to have been overblown. There was a lax standard of operation in the way club officials interacted with certain authorities.

I'm watching Bad Sport on Netflix, Calciopoli seems to have been overblown. There was a lax standard of operation in the way club officials interacted with certain authorities.
It wasn't. If anything, the need to reach a quick conclusion so as to allow the regular start of next season greatly diminished a scandal that should have outright stopped Italian football in its tracks and cause a complete reset of the entire italian FA. The clubs that got punished got away with very light sentences compared to what they did and multiple clubs got away with huge infractions due to time constraints(Inter above all, who should have been relegated for example)

It wasn't. If anything, the need to reach a quick conclusion so as to allow the regular start of next season greatly diminished a scandal that should have outright stopped Italian football in its tracks and cause a complete reset of the entire italian FA. The clubs that got punished got away with very light sentences compared to what they did and multiple clubs got away with huge infractions due to time constraints(Inter above all, who should have been relegated for example)
I see. I'll do some further research from Wikipedia within the next couple of months. Do you know of any other useful sources? Links would be appreciated.

Miranchuk seems on the verge of a move to MLS. Disappointing. He was never going to get into Gasperini's starting lineup consistently with his stereotypical old-school strolling playmaker level of off the ball qualities, but he played very well last season as a creative impact sub. It looked like he could be good for a Serie A team willing to accomodate him off the ball slightly more, or playing a less intense pressing system, but seems like Atalanta might have priced him out of getting a move to the sort of mid-table/aiming to challenge for Europa league/conference sides that might have been interested.

Abit of a clear out at Juventus, if they can buyers

Szczesny seems odd, but obviously Motta doesn't like him. The rest I don't see any clubs making serious offers for.

We moan about Utd transfers but Juve are in a league of their own. They sold Moise Kean for 13m, this is after selling him to Everton for around 25-30m, loaning him back and eventually buying him back for about 25-30m.

That club is an absolute mess and I don't think Motta will survive long enough there to see any success.

Szczesny seems odd, but obviously Motta doesn't like him. The rest I don't see any clubs making serious offers for.

We moan about Utd transfers but Juve are in a league of their own. They sold Moise Kean for 13m, this is after selling him to Everton for around 25-30m, loaning him back and eventually buying him back for about 25-30m.

That club is an absolute mess and I don't think Motta will survive long enough there to see any success.
Its crazy isn't it? So much sustained success under Allegri then the lack of champions league trophies and Guardiola-ball was too tempting and they screwed it all up and are still paying the price.

€100mil for Cristiano Ronaldo was the beginning of the downfall...

Its crazy isn't it? So much sustained success under Allegri then the lack of champions league trophies and Guardiola-ball was too tempting and they screwed it all up and are still paying the price.

€100mil for Cristiano Ronaldo was the beginning of the downfall...

Yeah, I think Allegri was lucky the other top clubs were just so much worse run than Juve over there for a good period. Now it's their turn to be in the shitter and that Ronaldo transfer does seem to have sucked a lot from them financially, but then you have all the dodgy accounting etc etc.

Italian football in general just seems like it's in such a low place. Serie as a league to watch seems so underwhelming, I can't remember the last time I watched a decent game in it. The total lack of quality throughout the international team would suggest there's just something totally wrong with Italian football all over.

Does anyone know what's going on with serie a coverage? Only one game on TNT today and one tomorrow. I read somewhere that TNT are only showing two games per weekend?
Are there any other channels showing games or amazon or any streaming service?

feck TNT pricks, and they wonder why people don't want to pay for TV subscriptions legitimately anymore

Does anyone know what's going on with serie a coverage? Only one game on TNT today and one tomorrow. I read somewhere that TNT are only showing two games per weekend?

feck TNT pricks, and they wonder why people don't want to pay for TV subscriptions legitimately anymore
Can't answer your question, but I agree about the subscription stuff. Would be preferential if Sky just had the lot: PL, CL, SerieA, La Liga, Bundesliga etc. just one play to watch all the games.

No wonder piracy is rife, people don't want to pay for a billion different streaming services for different stuff

Can't answer your question, but I agree about the subscription stuff. Would be preferential if Sky just had the lot: PL, CL, SerieA, La Liga, Bundesliga etc. just one play to watch all the games.

No wonder piracy is rife, people don't want to pay for a billion different streaming services for different stuff
It's such a shame as BTs coverage the year before last was brilliant, every game and then the Sunday evening show with the two James's.

It nearly feels as if they'd rather not have to deal with serie a at all and are only showing the bare minimum now cause they are contracted to or something.

Ah well, I'll just have to get my VPN back out and find the alternative

James Horncastle answered your question:

It's not even that good of a streaming service, but at least you can catch the rest of the football there.

Conte will be perfectly normal about this :lol:

Also Italiano seems to have brought his curse to Bologna as well :lol:

Good or bad?

Did you watch the game? If yes, how did Motta had them playing?
Just that it's a very young squad without any big names in it, their oldest player yesterday was 27.

Didn't see the game, good goals though.

Paulo Fonseca is a good manager for a top 8 team and actually very good at developing young players, but Milan is way above his level.

Torino beating Atalanta in a pretty entertaining game. Lots of action at both ends

Che Adams (One of the strangest transfers I can think of) with the match winner

Hopefully Kvara-Osimhen can have a top season for Napoli like 22/23.

Good Napoli goal. They do need a target man though badly