Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then why do people come in this post and say they can't believe the morality of people who want Saudi owners?

I imagine the reason you're having a hard time understanding why is because those peoples moral compass is different to your own.

Would you rather The Saudis own us and we become the face of a brutal regime or Liverpool win the title?

Is this a serious question? Say what you want about the Saudis but if there's one thing they aren't then that's scousers.

Reading back on 10 or so pages on this I’d forgotten we lost today as I was using my brain trying to make sense of some of the posts.

Can I ask why ? Since the rumours came out it got me thinking about foreign money around the city. They might be batshit crazy but they're the ones buying the multi-million pound pads, buying up land and building those sky scrapers.

They have bought a slice of our country, will buying Man United really make that much of difference to what's going on in the world ?

Take Roman Abramovich for example, he was a shady character when he rocked up 15 years ago and he still is today, buying Chelsea hasn't hidden some of the things he has done in the past and in the same way Saudi buying United won't hide the fact they murdered a journalist.

For me it’s a simple matter of who they are and what they stand for. Yes the Glazers are running us as a cash making business, which they’ve done very well I may add, but their family earned that money (as far as I’m aware) through successful business that’s common place in the western world.

Saudi Arabia, despite being a country you can visit and do so in quite a lot of luxury, has horrendously outdated laws and views which do not match up with western life. That’s not even touching on the genocide and human rights aspects. Whilst that may be their ‘culture’, it should never ever be something a European club, an English club as large as United should be associated with. It goes beyond money and what they can do.

If we are being sold better pray that it's wealthy Arab or Chinese conglomerate rather than another leveraged buyout saddled us with debts and taking a billion out from us.

For the case of City and PSG, they are well run club with proper football structure.

Feels like a no smoke without fire situation. Glazers won’t stick around forever, and if they got a good deal they’d take it.

All the people that you mentioned are and have been criticized for the entirety of their ownerships and they are all a lot more ethical than Saudi Arabia which is something. And funnily enough Qatar are in immediate danger when it comes Saudi Arabia who will vaporise them at the first chance. And while Qatar are far from perfect they are not comparable to Saudi Arabia.
I think Lemansky posed a very good question in where do we draw the line in ethics? People are of course entitled to take the moral high ground but for me it has to be across the board. Genocide is the worst thing that can happen in a country so I'm no way downplaying what is happening but it is almost as if child slave labour is acceptable which people must think when they go out and buy the new iPhone or their Nike trainers or their Adidas football boots. At least they're not being killed (although many are dying) seems to be the general response but both are atrocities in my eyes. Which brings me back to Lemanskys question about where do we draw the line and once it has been drawn shouldn't we be consistent in our choices?

Probably because not every Saudi businessman can just pull out £4b from their back pocket..

If it's an actual businessman than I will have to question his common sense and how he is going to finance and get his money back.

I think Lemansky posed a very good question in where do we draw the line in ethics? People are of course entitled to take the moral high ground but for me it has to be across the board. Genocide is the worst thing that can happen in a country so I'm no way downplaying what is happening but it is almost as if child slave labour is acceptable which people must think when they go out and buy the new iPhone or their Nike trainers or their Adidas football boots. At least they're not being killed (although many are dying) seems to be the general response but both are atrocities in my eyes. Which brings me back to Lemanskys question about where do we draw the line and once it has been drawn shouldn't we be consistent in our choices?

It's not a good question, you draw the line where you want, it's a personal consideration.

We had one opportunity to buy the club ie when Edwards made us a PLC. Instead the fans at the time preferred buying shirts and match tickets instead of buying shares. That ship had since sailed. United is too big to be bought by fans. Honestly its too big for business men to buy it as well.

Once we're sold the Saudis will buy us out. The glory hunters will get their trophies back, the muppets will get their shiny toys and the top reds will have a lecture from Sir Alex who will tell them to give the Saudi prince a standing ovation or else he will start thinking that they aren't top reds at all. Everyone will fall in line as they always do.
It's so predictable. Sir Alex will get a seat on the board and will get to possibly reccomend the sacking of Woodward and other suits like Judge and bring in the likes of VDS as GM/MD/CEO. Once those influential people are sorted there won't be any sustainable fan opposition to the takeover and when Galacticos light up OT most will come back.

The ghost of Dr David Kelly says hi to everyone who mentioned Jamal Khashoggi in this thread.

I guess that makes it okay then?

It was a joke pal.

What about all the workers who have died building the Qatar world Cup stadia? Are PSG fans protesting? Are they feck.

How many people do you think City's Sheikh has had disappear in the desert in his and his family time? Plenty of imagine.

Football has got to the level where slimy people get in now.

Your point is utter bollocks frankly. Some people don’t want to follow a club owned by a brutal and corrupt country. The existence of other brutal and corrupt countries has zero to do with anything.
Our club is owned by prominent citizens of the most corrupt country on the planet and resides in a country with a history of brutality and subjugation and whom facilitate brutality today.

Only you know the motives behind your mental gymnastics to avoid this truth.

I consider that kind of takeover's gonna be the best in terms of management and chances to crowl out of the swamp. No way we will be a top team again with Glazers in charge.

Our club is owned by citizens of the most corrupt country on the planet and resides in a country with a history of brutality and subjugation and whom facilitated brutality today. Only you know the motives behind your mental gymnastics to avoid this truth.

because being citizens of a country is utterly different to being the ruler, it isn’t complicated. Just like I don’t judge Saudi people by the actions of their government.

Our club is owned by prominent citizens of the most corrupt country on the planet and resides in a country with a history of brutality and subjugation and whom facilitate brutality today.

Wait, so we should have a problem with all americans?

It was a joke pal.

What about all the workers who have died building the Qatar world Cup stadia? Are PSG fans protesting? Are they feck.

How many people do you think City's Sheikh has had disappear in the desert in his and his family time? Plenty of imagine.

Football has got to the level where slimy people get in now.

I'm guess
He also denied ordering the murder of the journalist. Why are you such a fan of rich despots?

Who said I am?

Mods, can't we move this thread to the politics part of the forum until as there seems to be no real news on this, just endless political bickering.

You're the one performing the mental gymnastics by equating being citizens of a country with being the supreme ruler of a country.

The reason school killings has increased is a subject I don’t want to touch without having relevant facts in front of me. It’s tragic enough without speculating who’s to blame but the easy availability to weapons is from my perspective a big part of it.

Why do you connect Trump to people who claim white supremacy? I see no connections. The US president is a lose cannon, a pragmatic capitalist, someone who's not careful with words but I don’t see a racist in his actions.

The Glazers are bad owners. United is suffering and our results is taking a big hit because of their incompetence how to run a football club. I want them out. Do I think the Saudis are perfect, off course no. But I prefer to judge them after they have shown us their intentions, before that is pure speculations.
Well, in order to answer your disgusting and disingenuous post, i can not talk on behalf of all my people(south americans/latinos), and i can not talk on behalf of our desperate children caged like animals in the border. But if i really say what you deserve to hear, i would get a ban for sure.

Imho I think we are gearing up for a sale. I just hope it’s not them when it happens.

We should put this to bed if it’s fake news. If not, the smoke will continue. Not good for anyone imo.

- They have not taken 1.5 billion out of United (unless you engage is lazy accounting like David Conn)
- Owners wanting dividends/liquidity events from their investments is actually the norm. Being a PR tool for a dictatorship is not.
- I mean to say one of the largest in the world and they are projected to have the highest in the PL this season.

Its maddening how our wage bill can be still that high given Lukaku has been sold, Smalling, Fellaini and Herrera wages are shed, part of Sanchez wages are shed.

I know Rashford and DDG got ridiculous contracts, but are likes of Maguire/WanB/James on big money too?

Well I've done my bit - written to the Olympic Committee asking if they'll take the
Mental Gymnastics away from Saudi.

Probably because not every Saudi businessman can just pull out £4b from their back pocket..
15,000 members of the house of Said (Saudi royal family) with a trillion pounds between them.far from the only super wealthy Saudis I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.