Ryan Gravenberch

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm talking about is the statement you made, "Is that a price we should be paying an Eredivisie team for a CB, probably not." Which is based on what? Nothing really, it's just an arbitrary opinion. The only thing that is going into that opinion is the nationality of a league, compared to the detailed analysis a recruitment team can make.

As with any signing in football, the ends justify the means. If he performs as one of the best CBs in the league and wins a world cup in the season after we buy him, then most definitely yes, it was a price that we should have paid an Eredivisie side for a CB. That seems fairly intuitive to me.

I don't think the Malacia point or the point about wider PL valuations is especially relevant to the point about Martinez. It's obvious that on average PL players cost more. It's obvious Malacia cost a lot less. Does it matter to whether the Martinez valuation was good? Not for me. It's an individual deal and they always have their own details making up the valuation.
I''ve explained the context so don't know why you're being obtuse about it and repeating the same point that I've addressed. It may not matter to you personally that the Martinez valuation was good or not but it certainly does to the club who are now in a very difficult position from an FFP point of view. Being clever with signings and addressing them in a sensible manner would have avoided putting us our current spot of bother where we are relying on selling players on vastly inflated salaries in order to balance the FFP books so that we can strengthen the team in absolutely crucial areas.

By the players own words Ten Hag tired to high Jack the move as soon as he was made United manager.
It’s bad news for other interested parties if we are after him
I'm not proud of myself how long it took me to figure out what you meant here. Had to read it about 10 times, originally thought it was about a movie called High Jack that he tried to show him :lol:

Can't believe there is a discussion about links the players form the Dutch league, we had loads of links from the Portuguese league when Mourinho was in charge, lots from Dutch league with Van Gaal, it always happens, means nothing but lazy journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.