Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

Anyone know if the new rule about being able to call a mark from restarts applies here? Because Casey seems to keep not taking the option, for some reason.

I don’t think you can call a mark from a kick off. It’s a drop kick rather than a normal kick.

South Africa force you to make mistakes with their brutal defence guaranteed, but feck me you’ve got to kick those place kicks

That punt into touch from outside the 22 - under no pressure - was very poor too. He’s obviously learning on the go here but such a big step down from what we’re used to (and compared to 10’s at all the big teams, including England)

Anyone know if the new rule about being able to call a mark from restarts applies here? Because Casey seems to keep not taking the option, for some reason.

They're trialling a law in the U20 Championship where you can call for a mark from kick-off that goes into your 22. It's not being trialled in this series though. I must say I don't like it because it brings another stoppage to a game that is already very stop start.

5 points down at half time isn’t too bad, all things considered. Our forwards have maybe even edged the battle at the breakdown? It’s our back line that looks a level below. Lowe and Aki the honourable exceptions. Actually Casey’s been ok too.

The scrum has held up well too it has to be said.

….aaaaaaand now I have to turn over for a football game I have little interest in. fecks sake

Lowe could have let that go and it would have been an Irish scrum on halfway.

Now that, is a dominant scrum. Rare to see a top international team scrummed backwards like that