Red, white and black or red, white and white

Red white black

unitedkits_kit_1485.jpg

Red shirt, white shorts, black socks.

Red shirt, white shorts, white socks for Europe.

I never want to see us wear black shorts at home ever again. Adidas can feck right off if they ever get that idea again.

White shorts, black socks > white shorts, white socks > black shorts, black socks > blacks shorts, white socks

One thing that perplexes me about our combinations is why whenever we play city, they wear white shorts regardless, but we wear white at home and black away.

I first noticed red shirt and black shorts in the mid 90s - I much preferred that then and still do now.

I can't remember the socks colour on that early occasion, but prefer black now, or red would be great. So :-

Red black black
or
Red black red

I grew up in the 70s, so we're all biased towards what we were exposed to early on.
My first kit as a kid was the white shirt with 3 black stripes down one side, black shorts and black socks.

For me, it's always going to be red shirt, black shorts and black socks with the red and white trim.
Having said that, my second choice would be red top, white shorts and black socks.

Anything else just doesn't look right to me.

Ps. I would love it if they brought back that white away kit with the 3 black stripes down it.

white shorts and blck socks for PL/domestic stuff

Black shorts and either socks for CL nights

Last edited:
Has to be red shirt , white shorts, black socks. That is about traditional kit. End of.

all others just look wrong