Real Madrid become the first club to exceed €1bn in revenue

City without restrictions would blow this out of the water

How the good heck have they reached this momentous milestone and we haven't?

Ratcliffe out

Good for them. I wonder how much of it is profit, and then how much of that profit gets fed back into grass roots Spanish football?

What’s the reason for this humongous jump from last year?

They haven’t even managed it with fake sponsorship deals. What makes you think they could achieve it with real ones?

Without restrictions they'd just sponsor themselves without 'trying' to make it look authentic and not have to hide.

Euros or Yoro? I know what I'd choose (Euros)

Genuinely think we’d have got there before them if we threw the rest of the league under the bus like they do with tv money.

Any money they make from any of their many club shops and their official online store counts as part of their revenue.
Yes but they extra money they make on that revenue from a player purchase is always exaggerated.

Meh.

If united win multiple CL's leagues like Real we'd pass all big sports teams in revenue.

Mbappe to derail their European dominance and send them into a massive decline.

So what's that...about 240 million euros? more than what United are churning out at it's current absolute worst!

Sir Jim and Dave will catch them up in a couple of years no problem.

Most of the growth comes through leasing the stadium for events, this is why having a modern state of the art stadium is so important, with a closed roof too to hold concerts all year long. We need to build a new stadium quick; they are projecting around 400m just from stadium revenue alone within the next few years. I think Jim Ratcliffe understands this very well, hence his push for a Wembley of the North. I think he'll go a step further a have nicer surroundings too to hold fans for longer.

There goes La Liga competitiveness. Soon it will be one horse race overtaking Barcelona too by far. La Liga and Bundesliga complain about PL getting all the moolah? Hmm...

To me this is definitely bad news for Spain. When is the Spanish FA going to grow some balls and start distribute La Liga income more evenly?

Last edited:
There goes La Liga competitiveness. Soon it will be one horse race overtaking Barcelona too by far. La Liga and Bundesliga complain about PL getting all the moolah? Hmm...

To me this is definitely bad news for Spain. When is the Spanish FA going to grow some balls and start distribute La Liga income more evenly?
It wouldn't make much of a difference. If you look at the breakdown of their income, they make more out of marketing than their tv deal and their stadium has overtaken TV rights too and that number is only set to be likely to increase.

What competitiveness is there in the Premier League?
One team won 6 out of the last 7 titles, the one they didn’t win was during Covid.

What competitiveness is there in the Premier League?
One team won 6 out of the last 7 titles, the one they didn’t win was during Covid.

There are at least 4 to 5 big teams that could challenge in the PL. There are many big games and derbies. Even the smaller teams are of high quality. There is no easy games in PL.

La Liga - RM, Spain, Ligue 1 - PSG and Bundesliga - BM. In fact, Serie A is doing better in terms of competition.