Raheem Sterling

I would feel more confident in having Sterling on the bench that Sancho. He would definitely be more impactful and is a good EPL goalscorer. We don't have many of those. At the right price/wage, I wouldn't hate this.

Agree with this. I look at our current options on the wing:

Garnacho - Good
Amad - still unproven and will be inconsistent, which is not a surprise given his age
Rashford - finished
Antony - zero impact.

Sterling would easily be our best winger.

Garnacho - Good
Amad - still unproven and will be inconsistent, which is not a surprise given his age
Rashford - finished
Antony - zero impact.

Garnacho should be the same as Amad.

He's on north of 300k a week as a substitute for Chelsea. What's the point of swapping substitute Sancho for substitute Sterling for wages such as these?
He's also pushing to leave because they won't guarantee first team minutes. He's not going to be any happier here. He's not going to get in ahead of Rashford, so in the end he's going to end up being a 300k substitute for us!

He's on north of 300k a week as a substitute for Chelsea. What's the point of swapping substitute Sancho for substitute Sterling for wages such as these?
He's also pushing to leave because they won't guarantee first team minutes. He's not going to be any happier here. He's not going to get in ahead of Rashford, so in the end he's going to end up being a 300k substitute for us!
He’s clearly being pushed out for financial reasons, not because of his performances on the pitch.

Garnacho - Good
Rashford - finished
Antony - zero impact.

Even if that was true, which I'm not sure her it's, he turns 30 in December and relies heavily on his pace and agility. He could easily have been surpassed by Garnacho and Amad by the end this season. You're also basically casting Rashford off, which would be silly to do at this point given the contract he's on.

It would be another stupid, short term deal that we'd regret in 6-8 months, maybe sooner.

I also really don't want a player who has previously played for Liverpool, City and Chelsea. No thanks, not unless he was prime Messi.

Garnacho - Good
Rashford - finished
Antony - zero impact.

Like it's not even debatable, easily so.

Still don't think I want him unless it's a year long loan.

Going from Sancho to Sterling would be like going from catshit to dogshit that’s wrapped in catshit.

You folks are wild, a 29 year old past it winger who played for our 2 biggest rivals,
who has been terrible for awhile, who possibly lost most of his hunger winning the lot at City.
Extremely unlikeable player on top of everything else.

Have we actually learned nothing from signing players on the older side, on huge wages?
This forced obsession over making top 4 been holding the club back for a decade now, similar to Arsenal.
Just signing a bunch of randos.

Garnacho should be the same as Amad.
Garnacho is far more proven at PL level than Amad.

Last edited:
His performances haven't been great either. Just don't see where he fits in. Would be a pointless swap
They’ve been better than Sanchos. So that’s a start. If we were simply talking about buying him I’d be dead against it. But Sancho is both a waste of a squad number and a distraction, getting anything for him would be a bonus. Given a straight choice between Sancho and Sterling and no other option on the table, I’d prefer Sterling.

I didn't say he wasnt. I mean, he should be, given that he's played the last couple of seasons, and this is Amad's first. However, I would still put Garnacho into the category of 'still unproven and will be inconsistent, which is not a surprise given his age;, rather than 'good'.

Sterling hasn’t had the same drive for years. Completely opposite of what we need -
Could also get toxic if he doesn’t play, or if he plays because of his name in front of players who deserve it more.

Hard no from me. Get it done with Juve instead or get James + 30m.

Sterling isn’t competent. He’ll do absolutely nothing to improve us. May aswell stick with Rashford or sancho.
He's more competent than our wingers, finishing aside. Anyway this isn't likely to happen for half a season.

I’d be shocked if we contemplated bringing him in - it would be a Woodward in disguise sort of move

Going from Sancho to Sterling would be like going from catshit to dogshit that’s wrapped in catshit.

You folks are wild, a 29 year old past it winger who played for our 2 biggest rivals,
who has been terrible for awhile, who possibly lost most of his hunger winning the lot at City.
Extremely unlikeable player on top of everything else.

Have we actually learned nothing from signing players on the older side, on huge wages?
This forced obsession over making top 4 been holding the club back for a decade now, similar to Arsenal.
Just signing a bunch of randos.

He’s not been terrible like
He out performed almost all our players last year

Garnacho - Good
Rashford - finished
Antony - zero impact.

Feel like your thought process is being obscured by the inherent bias that exists among our fanbase where opposition players are better than ours just because they don’t play for us. Sterling has become massively washed since last season, but he’s been on the wane since his last season at City. Rashford was uninterested and awful last season, but his stats were still as good as Sterling’s. Furthermore, Rashford was a country mile ahead in 2022-23.

We cannot be taking players who Chelsea deem surplus to requirements and don’t even improve us, unless we now deem becoming our 4th best winger over Antony to be good enough.

Every club in the top 10 are able to find decent wingers from all over the world. If we brought in Sterling it would be a very poor move.

Feel like your thought process is being obscured by the inherent bias that exists among our fanbase where opposition players are better than ours just because they don’t play for us. Sterling has become massively washed since last season, but he’s been on the wane since his last season at City. Rashford was uninterested and awful last season, but his stats were still as good as Sterling’s. Furthermore, Rashford was a country mile ahead in 2022-23.

We cannot be taking players who Chelsea deem surplus to requirements and don’t even improve us, unless we now deem becoming our 4th best winger over Antony to be good enough.

Agree. Sterling is both a level or two below his best, on massive wages and is a greedy player.

I couldn't stand him when at Liverpool and have never liked him since. Something really annoying about him. I don't care how much he might improve our attacking play - and he probably would at times - I don't want him here.

INEOS have said they're looking to build a side that will be competing for titles in three years' time. The signings they've made so far have all been players of an age to be able to contribute at that point. And upon arriving at the club they reportedly pointed to signing a 30 year old Casemiro as the sort of mistake that should not be made.

In that context I would be both amazed and concerned if they were willing to hand a last big payday to a soon-to-be-30-year-old Sterling, who would himself need to be replaced before we get to that point of challenging for any major trophies. It would be a complete waste of resources on exactly the sort of no-future signing they should be avoiding.

Happily, I don't believe they're actually interested.