Music Radiohead

Can't listen - at work.

Is it good? What kind of style have they gone for?

I like it. Was worried I'd be disappointed but it's good. Orchaestral in a similar way to the Spectre theme song they did and it kind of has dark tones while still remaining quite upbeat and happy for a Radiohead song.

It's different but familiar at the same time. Heavy on strings. It's interesting and I like it. Can't wait for the album.

Well this is a bit of a bummer...
I don´t know if I love it or hate it, but it might just be that like most of the Radiohead stuff I love took me a bit of listening to love..
But a great video..

Really like it but don't want to listen to it too much before the album is released. Doesn't sound like they're continuing down The King Of Limbs road which I'm glad of.

Someone connected to the band said the album is 'unlike anything you've ever heard before'. If that's the case, the rest would want to be a lot different to this single.

Definitely a grower. The video is that good i wasn't really paying attention to the song on first watch. Love me a bit of Wicker Man :)

Someone connected to the band said the album is 'unlike anything you've ever heard before'. If that's the case, the rest would want to be a lot different to this single.

Aye, the single is good but it isn't anything particularly new. In Rainbows-ish Radiohead with more strings.

A-mazing.

The drum programming sounds familiar.

Love The Wicker Man, Camberwick Green style video too.

Last edited:
The Caf can hate me all they want, but another great release puts them ahead of Roger's era Pink Floyd for me.

Meddle/DSotM/WYWH/Animals < Bends/OKC/KidA/In Rainbows + LP9

(Although Floyd get some credit for releasing all those albums in just 6 years).
Interesting thoughts, hadnt made that sort of comparison myself. Got me thinking now.

Aye, the single is good but it isn't anything particularly new. In Rainbows-ish Radiohead with more strings.

Love that album so I naturally like this. Not amazing mind but always hard to judge on first listen, better when it's not actively inspected anyway.

Cool video

Those 4 albums already put them ahead of Pink Floyd. Probably ahead of the Beatles too, maybe not New Order though.

Does Waste still not take PayPal?

Indeed, it's nothing particularly weird or inaccessible. Good song though, it's certainly grown on me the more I listened to it. I think I would very much like it if the whole album has that orchestral, string-laden sound

Consequence of Sound rank their albums:

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. The Bends
5. Hail To The Thief
6. Amnesiac
7. The King Of Limbs
8. Pablo Honey

What say you?

Dunno really, but I do prefer the newer electronicky stuff.
I will say though, that the bends is a good collection of songs whereas the others are just brilliant complete albums.
Can't wait for the 9, this is a great tune, I love it.

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. The Bends
5. Hail To The Thief
6. Amnesiac
7. The King Of Limbs
8. Pablo Honey

What say you?

For me Radiohead were one of the first proper bands I got in to as I started moving on from listening to the Fratellis, Zutons and whoever was on the NME tour that year (lethal bizzle generally) and the first album I was ever properly into was In rainbows, I was just absolutely mesmerised by it so for me that will always be top.

1. In rainbows
2. Kid A
3. Ok computer
4. Amnesiac
5. The bends
6. Hail to the thief.
7. King of limbs
8. Pablo Honey

I think albums like the bends and ok computer I would probably appreciate more if I was old enough when they came out, as they're always talked about as a changing point in music, but for me that's the order in which I like the albums.

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. The Bends
5. Hail To The Thief
6. Amnesiac
7. The King Of Limbs
8. Pablo Honey

What say you?

Pretty much spot on.

There's days where I'd swap 2 & 3 and 4 & 5, and I've always said that Amnesiac & TKoL would be higher up the list if they included a few of the B-sides from their relative eras, but overall, that's pretty much my list.

Kid A is the greatest album of all time.

Pretty much spot on.

There's days where I'd swap 2 & 3 and 4 & 5, and I've always said that Amnesiac & TKoL would be higher up the list if they included a few of the B-sides from their relative eras, but overall, that's pretty much my list.

Kid A is the greatest album of all time.
Or if they played them like they did live. Like Spinning Plates comes to mind. Supposedly that's why they went on a miniature tour prior to the release of In Rainbows which included a few gigs in the US (and I was in the pit in NYC :cool:).

The production on Ok Computer has always bugged me. Has a tinny, thin sound. The writing is top notch though.

Right now In Rainbows is my favourite but that changes regularly. I also think King of Limbs is a lot better than the credit it gets.

I love In Rainbows but I don't rate it nearly as highly as many do. It's a brilliant album but Videotape is the only track that really means much to me. Compared to The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A, it's nothing special (and they were special).

Also get the feeling I'm fonder of Pablo Honey (Thinking About You is one of my favourite songs from any band) and Hail to the Thief (it was too long but Wolf at the Door, There There, 2+2=5 and Punchup at a Wedding are all good additions) than most, so I may just be a wrong'un.

EDIT - Feel only listing one track from Pablo Honey was a poor case, so here's Thom making a better one...

Last edited:

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. The Bends
5. Hail To The Thief
6. Amnesiac
7. The King Of Limbs
8. Pablo Honey

What say you?

It's been a long time since I've listened to either Pablo Honey or Amnesiac, so I'll leave them out of my rankings. I'll go with:

1. OK Computer (obviously, shown by my shit username)
2. Kid A
3. The Bends
4. In Rainbows
5. Hail To The Thief
6. The King Of Limbs

I love radiohead... Amnesiac = caisenma, fyi...

This new song has me creaming my pants. Absolutely love it.

It's been a long time since I've listened to either Pablo Honey or Amnesiac, so I'll leave them out of my rankings. I'll go with:

1. OK Computer (obviously, shown by my shit username)
2. Kid A
3. The Bends
4. In Rainbows
5. Hail To The Thief
6. The King Of Limbs
I'd go with that. I think it's hard to list Pablo Honey and Amnesiac, as the former was before they really knew what they were going for and the latter was just Kid A extras.

Or if they played them like they did live. Like Spinning Plates comes to mind. Supposedly that's why they went on a miniature tour prior to the release of In Rainbows which included a few gigs in the US (and I was in the pit in NYC :cool:).

Yeah the studio version of LSP doesn't really gel perfectly with the rest of the album like a Treefingers does, so it'd be better just as a "normal" tune. So many good B sides from that era that could be added/replacing tunes on Amnesiac.

LSP kinda reminds me of the first half of TKoL... As it stands, it just sounds better live.

Also get the feeling I'm fonder of Pablo Honey (Thinking About You is one of my favourite songs from any band) and Hail to the Thief (it was too long but Wolf at the Door, There There, 2+2=5 and Punchup at a Wedding are all good additions) than most, so I may just be a wrong'un.
I think it's so underrated. But then There There could be my favourite Radiohead song - they closed with it when I saw them and it was fecking magic.

I think it's so underrated. But then There There could be my favourite Radiohead song - they closed with it when I saw them and it was fecking magic.

There There is absolutely superb, I love it. I think my favourite is either Jigsaw falling into place or Pyramid song or maybe even talk show host, love the atmosphere on that one.

Liking the new song more and more with each listen.