Race to the bottom: 3 worst managers of the competition?

I have never rated Martinez. He under-achieved with Belgium, With such a talented squad he should have won something
That's ridiculous. They lost to France and Italy, two better teams with better players and better form

The Qatar world cup was a disaster, sure, but no way was that a WC-winning team

That's ridiculous. They lost to France and Italy, two better teams with better players and better form

The Qatar world cup was a disaster, sure, but no way was that a WC-winning team
France were marginally better but Belgium had a better squad than Italy.
We will have to agree to disagree, different opinions

France were marginally better but Belgium had a better squad than Italy.
We will have to agree to disagree, different opinions
They didn't. De Bruyne was maybe at 50% fitness, the rest of their team was Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Meunier, Tielemans, Witsel, Thorgan Hazard, Doku and Lukaku

Doku was 19, Alderweireld and Vertonghen were getting shipped off to Qatar and Benfica respectively coming off a disastrous season at club level

Goalkeepers aside, when you factor in De Bruyne's fitness pretty much the only Belgium player that would have started for Italy was Lukaku. That really says it all(Lukaku, of course, managed to miss an open goal tap-in in that game)

Big DD storms into the lead.
Nah. France got beaten by two wondergoals and missed chances at the other hand. Not great stuff by any means but they were the better team overall yesterday. Spain beat them at their own game

Big DD storms into the lead.

It was beautiful when with about 30 seconds left, needing a goal to stay in the tournament... France had 4-5 players stood on the halfway line protecting against the counter.

Think Koeman's just sneaked into the top 3 with that second half....

Seriously Frimpong unused sub.

Clarke - took a team that beat Spain 2-0 and finished 9 points ahead of Georgia to be the worst team in the competition. Shambolic against Germany and clueless against Hungary.

Along with Spalletti and either Stojkovic or Rossi.

I think Southgate has scraped out of the bottom 3 after last night. He got just about everything wrong up until the quarters, looked about 5 steps behind the average punter on the Caf. But he's got a couple of big calls right since, so I'd park him in a middle tier with the other decent-but-underwhelming group of big-country managers.

Clarke - took a team that beat Spain 2-0 and finished 9 points ahead of Georgia to be the worst team in the competition. Shambolic against Germany and clueless against Hungary.

Along with Spalletti and either Stojkovic or Rossi.

I think Southgate has scraped out of the bottom 3 after last night. He got just about everything wrong up until the quarters, looked about 5 steps behind the average punter on the Caf. But he's got a couple of big calls right since, so I'd park him in a middle tier with the other decent-but-underwhelming group of big-country managers.
Agree with this. Southgate, with merit, has climbed out of the hole and can’t fall back in even if he fecks up another final. Biggest shock of the thread for me.