PSR Loopholes

And westham want Bissaka for 15m. Fecking nobodies being sold for 20 and 30m.

The blatant cheating on display by some of these tin pot clubs is driving me mad, all while we try and stick to the rules and get lowballed by everyone for our players. Just scrap PSR and introduce a transfer budget cap instead.

Think this is what Chelsea are doing:
  • Sell players (mostly academy) and the money becomes immediate profit. For ex: Maatsen + Gallagher + whoever else adds up to 100-120 million
  • Buy players for 200-300 million. When split by 3 years on which they can spread the transfer costs, it comes up to 66-100 million.
  • The majority of their initial signings like Enzo, Mudryk, Badiashile, Caicedo (I think) have been signed on these 8 year deals allowing them to spread the money spent on them. The ~300 million on these 4 players transfer fee is "only", 37-40 million in a season which is equal to one Gallagher
  • Buy more young players who will continue to recoup money with loan fees and eventual appreciation of value. When in doubt, use your feeder club.
  • When you still fall short, use shady (shadier) accounting activities like Omorodion-Gallagher swap or selling your training ground to yourself etc.
While people would raise hue and cry from a financial lens, I think they will have it covered one way or the other. Chelsea seem to have realized that transfer fee is the most visible part of expenditure but salary is where they can make relative savings.

The bigger issue is stockpiling and hoarding of players and using them as trading chips. They have become a trading organization who just happen to play football. It must be extremely hard to be a Chelsea fan because the club isn't even about football anymore. I hope they implode spectacularly.

I've been hearing this since 2003.

Abramovich put his own money in to the club about a billion pounds of it, the only debt was to him. Clearlake have borrowed about $1bn, which is on the parent club at least... Not directly on the club day to day. Though we are paying interest to Blueco I think.

I don't really get what they're doing, just because they can make PSR short term with all the home grown sales... They're stacking the squad full of bang average players and youngster who may or may not make it. For every Palmer there are probably 9 flops. Can easily see us getting in to trouble if revenue doesn't grow, players don't develop as they want and we then struggle to sell leaving us with a huge wage for players we can't even play.

I've been hearing this since 2003.

Yeah but it was quite fun before no? Stacked squad, regular trophies, a sack happy owner with deep pockets.

Now you’ve got a squad of expensive, inconsistent misfits, with the owners doing wacky shite at every turn.

It can’t possibly be fun?