Protests against Russian law in Tbilisi, Georgia

Big day. if its obviously rigged, the people may not stand for it, especially with Russia's weakness right now.

Ruling party (Georgian Dream) officials already making claims of having secured a solid majority. This is amongst reports of street brawls at voting stations, allegedly initiated by Georgian Dream supporters.

It's looking like a chaotic election so far.

Big day. if its obviously rigged, the people may not stand for it, especially with Russia's weakness right now.

I think there’s little to no doubt that the Georgian Dream will proclaim its victory (I’m really not sure about the real chances of either side as my own bias is fully in the opposition’s corner — but, sadly, they have a lot of supporters). They still hold pretty much all the administrative power and they’re going to use it all (and I’m not talking about legitimate actions).

For some context, the ruling party (GD) has a legit organic voter base. Among them fo example are people who:
  • Think that the opposition parties want to drag Georgia into another war with Russia.
  • Don't want "LGBT propaganda" in the country.
  • Feel that the economy is doing fine and prefer continuity.
They resemble some of the right-wing voters in Western countries. That being said, there is fear on the other side of Georgia being turned into Belarus and the country shifting towards Russia instead of the West/EU.

However, one of the opposition parties itself is despised by some Georgians because of political scandals in the past. The current ruling party capitalized on that and gained power roughly a decade ago.

I think Putinist elections have distorted your scale here :lol:
I don't know, maybe it's my distorted foreigner's understanding of English language. After all, isn't there a famous expression "is the glass half empty or overwhelmed with water?" or something along those lines?

Ruling party GD secured a majority. But now we'll have to see if the results will be recognized.