Pronunciation of footballers' names

Just watched a “Mystery” programme on Netflix about the disappearance of a young woman from the Cecil Hotel in LA. Nearly threw my cup of tea back up when they pronounced it “See-sle Hotel” as in diesel. At least they got the “hotel” bit right. It’s like they do it deliberately.

was average, btw
It is pronounced “see-sil”. That’s how I pronounce it, not “sessil”. Similar to how the name Maurice is pronounced as “Morris” in English, I prefer to pronounce it like the name of the aye aye character in Madagascar.

They should call it Bayern Minga. That is pretty easy to pronounce for English speakers.
before any english-speaking pundit descends into the abyss of the bavarian dialect, what about we adress the EI/IE speech disorder every native english speaker on the planet has? :D

Sweenstiger
Chrishtshan Shaygie

usw usw...

Last edited:
Can somebody please post the Youtube video "How to pronounce every Manchester United player’s name 2024/25 season" ?

Also there is video for name pronunciation for every Premier League player. I, as a newbie, dont have permission for posting youtube links.

Can somebody please post the Youtube video "How to pronounce every Manchester United player’s name 2024/25 season" ?

Also there is video for name pronunciation for every Premier League player. I, as a newbie, dont have permission for posting youtube links.

Couldn't find a united specific one.