Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

Maybe Rodney isn't so certain to stay. Refuses to confirm wayne wants to stay but said he's not for sale.

The other guy wants to change the topic away from Wayne.

Ok so the jist - the club want him to stay, Rooney hasn't categorically said he wants to stay. He's not for sale. He's training well.

Q. Can you categorically state that Wayne Rooney has said he wants to stay?

A. I can categorically state that Wayne Rooney is training extremely well.

What did he say? At least a good sentence or something cheesy like 'David Moyes stands up against racism, always have, and always will' kind of shit?

"All I can do is do what David Moyes has done before. I'll continue the traditions of the club. I am very fortunate that I am taking over the champions of England and I do hope that I can do a great job here in time."

Oh dear. Starting to go a bit off course with the Rooney stuff.

"He won't be sold by Man. United" ... Suggesting he has to go on a Bosman if he wants to leave?

Congratulations Sky, twats, why is this not live?

Journalists being gimps looking for a more specific quote, Moyes dealing with it well.

And Rooney staying, as I knew he would. Good.

Moyes at times looking uncomfortable here

watching the press hound Moyes about Rooney makes you realise how terrified the press were of Fergie

fecking twat Rooney

Reading between the lines, I think the Moyes has told ROONEY, no matter what happned in the past, he is staying no matter what he feels, and they will do everything to help him get back to his best

This "sitting in the director box" is a made up problem.. Journos love to run with it.

We need to move on assuming that Rooney will stay until we hear otherwise. I'm sick of worrying about it and Moyes was pretty categorical that he won't be going anywhere regardless of his wishes.

Vidic referring to Moyes as "David". No doubt some will pick up on that and say "PLAYERS DON'T CONSIDERING MOYES AS A SUPERIOR".

Reading between the lines, I think the Moyes has told ROONEY, no matter what happned in the past, he is staying no matter what he feels, and they will do everything to help him get back to his best

Do you? I think admitting he is for sale would weaken the clubs position..

Saying he isnt for sale makes him squirm a bit and stops his value from plummeting.
If we get a good offer, he'll be gone. If he tries to force himself out, he'll be gone.

If noone comes in for him, he carries on.. as our #2 striker.

We will do everything we can to add to the squad. We'll go after the best players.

Refuses to speak about players from other clubs.

We'll always go after the best players.

I would never speak about players at other football clubs.

We're always interested in the best.

Sack Moyes, he won't speak about players that are on other football clubs. What about Thiago?