Premier League Gameweek 14-16

So where did that extra minute come from?? Luton should feel very very hard done by there

To be fair it was not an extra minute. It was like an extra 30 secs, letting the attack conclude. He would blown the final whistle has Luton cleared that final cross.

Do not understand United fans hating Arsenal like many do. Would far rather them win than City or Liverpool.
I can only assume it comes from how active the Arsenal fanbase is on social media. Or maybe partly due to hatred for Arteta. I can understand the latter (he is an annoying twat) but it's not enough to sway me to start rooting for our local rivals.

Not looking forward to visiting the Kenny that's for sure. They will cause us problems.

Do not understand United fans hating Arsenal like many do. Would far rather them win than City or Liverpool.

I think it’s a combination of another one of our old rivals winning a title after 20+ years while we look a million miles away and Arteta being a despicable cnut

Ok I will admit Rice although is expensive, he proved his worth to this team already.

We should have gone for Rice. So obvious yet we pass on such a player again. Some posters were screaming for us to sign him and they were right.
Never mind Rice. United of old would have been in for Kane, Bellingham.

This Raya experiment has to end. This was a close game due to his 2 howlers. We will never win anything if he's making clangers every game.

I think it’s a combination of another one of our old rivals winning a title after 20+ years while we look a million miles away and Arteta being a despicable cnut
Which by the way we’re on a title drought half as long and they hit depths we haven’t got close to as of yet. 9 year trophy droughts, 6 years out the CL etc…

We shouldn’t have a problem with Arsenal winning the league. I was almost desperate for them to towards the end of last season. I don’t think they will do it this year though.

Which by the way we’re on a title drought half as long and they hit depths we haven’t got close to as of yet. 9 year trophy droughts, 6 years out the CL etc…

We shouldn’t have a problem with Arsenal winning the league. I was almost desperate for them to towards the end of last season. I don’t think they will do it this year though.
City is still the strongest favorite. They have a very strong bench for player rotation, Arsenal doesn't.

The 9 year trophy drought was mainly due to the stadium rebuild. We couldn't afford to spend a billion during that decade, unlike some clubs...

Me too, but last season people were happy that City won the treble just because their Arsenal supporter mates would've been too insufferable...or fans on Twitter. Social media fans. :lol:

I love Luton and I'd be very proud to be a fan of them.
Looks like they're adjusting to the league and starting to improve. Certainly look like a PL team rather than a Championship one of late. Be interesting to see where they go from here to the end of the season.

Me too, but last season people were happy that City won the treble just because their Arsenal supporter mates would've been too insufferable...or fans on Twitter. Social media fans. :lol:
People caring about what teenagers post on Twitter are weird to me. It doesn't matter. City winning more trophies is far worse than Arsenal winning one.

Not looking forward to visiting the Kenny that's for sure. They will cause us problems.

As gut wrenching as it was I can certainly Luton winning 4-5 home games in second half of the season. Uphill task to stay up but would be a "respectable" relegation with them going down in the 25-30 point range.

If Everton don't get any points back it will still be very close between the two I think.

I can only assume it comes from how active the Arsenal fanbase is on social media. Or maybe partly due to hatred for Arteta. I can understand the latter (he is an annoying twat) but it's not enough to sway me to start rooting for our local rivals.
Social media and nonsense with those fan channels would be responsible alright.

How many times does this need to be explained?!? Liverpool is a deep and bitter hatred that goes back a very long way. Always our most hated rivals. City are easily ignored because there’s an asterisk over every trophy they win (unless you actually live in Manchester, in which case they’re obviously harder to ignore) Arsenal have been our main title rivals for a big chunk of Fergie’s career and the sycophantic London media made them even more dislikable during that period. All of which puts Arsenal just behind Liverpool on the list of teams I don’t want to win the league.

How many times does this need to be explained?!? Liverpool is a deep and bitter hatred that goes back a very long way. Always our most hated rivals. City are easily ignored because there’s an asterisk over every trophy they win (unless you actually live in Manchester, in which case they’re obviously harder to ignore) Arsenal have been our main title rivals for a big chunk of Fergie’s career and the sycophantic London media made them even more dislikable during that period. All of which puts Arsenal just behind Liverpool on the list of teams I don’t want to win the league.
Arsenal have not been real rivals for 20 years. We have not been in a title fight with them since 2003. Since then, both teams haven't been directly competing for the title in the same season. I don't understand caring about a rivalry that hasn't been a thing for so long, but fair enough.

More of the fanbase will start to care about City's trophy numbers when they start to get closer to our number.

History does not care for the so called asterisk. The context is forgotten in time unless they officially take away those titles. In 20 yrs they could overtake many records United hold. Also they would have a huge fanbase as new viewers/followers care more about winning/entertainment. They would easily be self sustaining by then so all those accounting gimmicks won't be required then.
In any other business if someone is trying to change the status quo and end someones monopoly they try everything including bending the rules to the extent they can get away with. Not saying its right or justified but that is just how things work. People remember that for some time but they have short memories and the context is forgotten overtime as that is not part of the history books.

In terms of rivalries, for me, it always has been in this order:

Liverpool
Arsenal
Leeds
City

Growing up - in school - it was always like this as well. And yes, I live in Manchester.

Considering how far back our rivalries with Liverpool and City go, I find it mad how a few dweebs on social media can make a United fan hate Arsenal more.
Because City winning doesn’t mean anything. But it does though.They have taken over the city and the mantle of best ever in the PL era in most peoples eyes, especially in the younger generation of football supporters. But worry about Arsenal winning one because their supporters will be unbearable for a bit.

History does not care for the so called asterisk. The context is forgotten in time unless they officially take away those titles. In 20 yrs they could overtake many records United hold. Also they would have a huge fanbase as new viewers/followers care more about winning/entertainment. They would easily be self sustaining by then so all those accounting gimmicks won't be required then.
In any other business if someone is trying to change the status quo and end someones monopoly they try everything including bending the rules to the extent they can get away with. Not saying its right or justified but that is just how things work. People remember that for some time but they have short memories and the context is forgotten overtime as that is not part of the history books.

Couldn’t give a toss how history perceives them. I’m explaining how I perceive them. My loathing of Arsenal is also personal. I don’t care if any other United fans feel differently. But I do know that a cohort of them feel the same.

Couldn’t give a toss how history perceives them. I’m explaining how I perceive them. My loathing of Arsenal is also personal. I don’t care if any other United fans feel differently. But I do know that a cohort of them feel the same.
There's plenty of people like you and I think there's many of us who know Arsenal fans who always have been unbearable even when their team was crap and have gotten utterly obnoxious over the last year.
Because City winning doesn’t mean anything. But it does though.They have taken over the city and the mantle of best ever in the PL era in most peoples eyes, especially in the younger generation of football supporters. But worry about Arsenal winning one because their supporters will be unbearable for a bit.
If only it was just "a bit." They're already unbearable having won absolutely nothing for two decades. I have an equal number of Arsenal and Liverpool supporting fans and its quite unbelievable how much more smug the former are.