PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Luton Town

Post-match discussion

Sat, 11 November 2023

It's just fecking dull to watch us. It's not entertaining and the shooting is just bottom-tier. 11 players who just so happen to have the same colour shirt every week.

I think people are being a bit harsh. It was a decent performance against a team that did nothing but look to sit. 2.2 vs 0.45 xg suggests it should've been a more comfortable scoreline. That's not including the Garnacho chance.

YAAASSS! What a spirited performance today! We dug in and managed to earn a 1-0 win at home against.....Luton Town.

Quite tragic how we can only limp past the poor teams in the league now. We tolerate so many substandard players it’s hardly surprising though.

Attacking wise, crap. Defensively, quite solid. Onana with really only 1 save to make.

Don't understand how Garnacho, Hojlund and Rashford all missed sitters. Fecking annoying that we can't put the ball in the net.

Abysmal. Sucking any joy that was left out of football.

The Eredivisie is his level. He can take Antony, Rashford and a few others with him.

Should've scored 3 or 4.

So poor in the final third again.

Another miserable game of football to suffer through.

Scraping past Championship teams at OT, cant wait to see what happens when we go away to Everton and Galatasary and Newcastle on the bounce. 3 defeats most likely.

Exactly what will happen.

Deserved win and would have been more comfortable if United was more clinical but we all know at this stage that they aren't a clinical team. Three points a clean sheet against a Luton side that should have beaten Liverpool last Sunday will do. The bad news is more injuries to already long injury list with Eriksen and hojlund both going off injured today.

I mean we won. But it doesn't feel like it.

A rather joyless win. The kind of game where you could just look up the score at full time and not really have lost anything.

I was hoping we'd at least bag a few goals against the worst team in the league.

Tougher game than it needed to be, but a big 3pts before the internationals, well done lads.

6 points off the top of the table. Minus 3 goal difference. Lindelof the hero. Up the ridiculous reds.

We score 3 goals with 10 men, in Champions League against Copenhagen who are 10x stronger than Luton, but could only manage one lucky goal from Lindelof today...

We are cursed. There is no other explanation :)

Who got the assist? Pass was a deflection off our player, so an assist technically, should be given

Mediocre win against basically a championship side. Only hope for us is if we can just grind out results until January and we spend big in the window & offload some dead wood, which we know won't happen anyway.

Had four clear cut chances.

Hojlund
Garnacho
Lindelof
Rashford

Out of the four, our centre back had to show our forwards how to finish.

Either way, a win is a win, and I'm glad we got 3 points on the board.

First decent Mount appearance, if nothing else. Intercepted a few balls.

Our attackers need a shake... I can forgive Hojlund because of the deflection and on another day that goes in, but Garnacho & Rashford especially look scared to be presented with chances to shoot.

Wasn’t that bad, we just couldn’t score. We really should have won that by 3/4 goals. Missing chances doesn’t lessen the play that happened leading up to the missed chance.
4 wins out of last 5 league games now

I’ll just be honest and say it, I don’t like this team at all. Happy we got the three points and that’s it really.

Should've been more comfortable but we were wasteful too often, being only 1 up meant Luton kept going to the end and might have snatched something but overall we were deserved winners.

Happy with the win, let down by chances missed again. There is no confidence in the forwards this season except for Hojlund.

I feel for anyone that is paying to watch United. It is becoming hard to sit and watch matches and I am doing it for free on a dodgy stream.

It's quite remarkable that we've spent shitload of money and yet we can't win with more than a goal, defenders and midfielders are the ones who do the scoring, and our best player is Maguire.
After the break we have three away games including a trip to Istanbul

I actually thought we played decent today, with a touch of luck it would have been 3 nil. Maybe more.
was always going to be tough against a well organised team battling for their lives. They were minutes away from beating liverpool last week.

loss of Erikson was a blow and mount did very little, i only noticed him when he made a mistake.

Maguire played very well, his forward passing super accurate. Hojlund a whisker away from scoring. I guess motm goes to lindelof as he scored and played ok in 2 positions.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 190 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Luton Town win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:0 Luton Town
  • 17% Man Utd 3:0 Luton Town