PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:2 Aston Villa

Post-match discussion

Tue, 26 December 2023

Please play like we did in the second half for the rest of the season.
So happy for Hojlund.

Thought it was going to be another night of mistakes. feck me, brilliant game. Just need this attitude in every game.

In the words of someone famous: "Second half of the season we're doing a title charge!"

As much as I love a great comeback, it papered over a sea of shit with 3 rolls of Lidl toilet roll

Happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Also, happy.

Thought we might come back at HT given how Villa were set up and the space behind. If Ten Hag could play against a set up with this specific set of players Villa would be high up. But still, showed some heart, ran hard, Garnahco and Rashford caused tons of issues and having the second passer in midfield really allowed the transitions to be quicker.

Turning point? Could be, great performance, great comeback. ETH holds on to his job.

Good win. Excellent brace from our new starting RW. Very decent from Rashford. Congrats to Gore on his EPL debut

Last edited:
Garnacho on the right. That's all that needs to be said tonight. FINALLY we tried it and boy did it work.

I only saw the second half so that was a great evening of football for me :D

When we went 2-0 down every player looked lively, upped their tempo. Garnacho was unbelievably good. Like... scary good. Real livewire and what a player we have brought through. And finally a goal for Hojlund.

Our seasons been a disaster so far but if we can keep this tempo up, and with investment from Sir Jim, we can go places still.

Fun fact: today was the first United game I watched since the FA Cup final.

I was at my mum and my stepdad’s house, and they have Amazon prime on their tv. I don’t have Sky, TNT, or Prime on my TV at home.

We need to work out what happened in that second half and how we can replicate it going forward. Jekyll and Hyde stuff. Don't want to get too excited in case of another false dawn, but at least we can all enjoy today!

Weird how we created so many opportunities with actual midfielders on the field and wingers able to do what they do best.

So happy for Højlund for getting the winning goal as well! Get in! Love it!

Oh PS: E.Martinez is a massive cnut.

Thank you Santa!

Great win, and we actually did play well. Garnacho on the right worked, and Rashford was good. We haven't dominated a game in a while.

Best second half of the season at least.

Nice to the reaction of all the team to Hojlunds first goal at the end.

Onana must be loving having the headlines snatched away from him.

Rashford was / is always the key to our attack.
Too bad we have 2 league games in the next 5 odd weeks. Hard to carry on momentum

Deserved win. When we press well it really works and we forces errors but stupid mistakes and poor choices in the final third mess so many good things up.

So happy for Hojlund :D

Excellent result!! So happy for Rasmus!! Big ups Garnacho. Happy for ETH. Anyone finding reason to complain in the next few hours needs to sod off. Wait until tomorrow at least.

Dare I say it, the scoreline flattered Villa.

Absolutely buzzing! The future is bright with Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund.

I’m particularly pleased that we came back especially because the Villa fans started singing « ole ole » around the 12th minute at 0-0 when Villa players were simply passing the ball.
I wish them a very bad ebening

Fantastic win. Even better performance. Great to watch, not been able to say that for a long time.

The real Man Utd stood up today.

I only saw the second half so that was a great evening of football for me :D
Watched the entire thing mate and sometimes I give up on United but they never gave up tonight, every one of them kept going. It was brilliant.

Soooooooooooooooo gutted I didn't get tickets for this

Well, from non existent character to this in second half.

Even Rashford did some good running.

Finally Erik drops McTominay and we are so fluid. Definitely a great win coking back from 2 down. Garnacho can stay on the right and Rashford on left. Eriksen and Mainoo in midfield has so much control and creativity. Let's start winning games with this XI.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 303 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 2:1 Aston Villa
  • 16% Man Utd 0:2 Aston Villa