PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 12 May 2024

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
If Licha is back against Newcastle, and hopefully some other decent CB playing next to him, instead of Casemiro, we may have a chance against Newcastle. If Erik has half a brain and plays Amrabat and Amad again, I think we have a chance, with proper CBs, to not be miserable against Newcastle and maybe even win against Brighton to go into the Cup final with some positive momentum, like 4 points out of 6.

TheReligion

Abusive
Arsenal still had a couple gears left. They didn't need to use them as we were never really a threat going forward. This was as easy as it gets without having to expell too much energy as far as Arsenal were concerned.

We were crap, have been crap, will always be crap with this manager and players milling about.
I assume you didn’t watch the game

Red Royal

Better than I expected and IF we had a confident front 3 could have won this (though I guess Arsenal had a few extra gears they could have gone to)

Red00012

McAteer has said he’s spoken to a player and they know he’s been sacked

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When was the last time we finished with a negative goal difference? another record this side in recent seasons coming up no doubt.
Someone else can check, but surely you'd have to go back to the relegation season probably.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Arsenal still had a couple gears left. They didn't need to use them as we were never really a threat going forward. This was as easy as it gets without having to expell too much energy as far as Arsenal were concerned.

We were crap, have been crap, will always be crap with this manager and players milling about.
I disagree.

It was a make or break game for them. They would have been out if we had scored a goal, and we had some chances. So saying that they were calm barely getting away with a 1-0, with a goal that Casemiro gifted them, is a fantasy. Arsenal were NOT in control of this game.

Arsenal do NOT deserve to win the league. And I hope they don't. Not my problem if City win again, but feck this Arsenal and feck their fake comeback. Buncha bottlers.

Red00012

A compilation of our crosses today would be fantastic viewing and sent directly to Ten Hag

siw2007

Much better than Monday night, though we didn’t deserve to win today. We had much of the ball but didn’t create anything of note all game because Arsenal’s defence was superb and they created the better chances. Amad was our best player today (got injured, typical) and there wasn’t many bad Pericles today but just not good enough to beat this Arsenal team.

poleglass red

Good enough today. I thought we'd get stuffed pre game to be honest. So many areas we are weak in.

El Zoido

Crap game but the Stretty was banging. 20 minutes solid of spirit in the sky at the start of the second half was ace. Arsenal fan getting kicked out was probably the highlight of the game, unfortunately.

VivaRonaldo85

14th league defeat of the season. No come back for a United Manager with that basic stat and likely to finish the season with a minus goal difference Arsenal did a job, very comfortable to be honest.

NK86

Crap game but the Stretty was banging. 20 minutes solid of spirit in the sky at the start of the second half was ace. Arsenal fan getting kicked out was probably the highlight of the game, unfortunately.
What’s the take of the OT crowd on Eth? Is there still backing for him?

lex talionis

Considering the circumstances, not bad. But we’re very bad. We’ve got a long road ahead of us to compete for the top four trophy.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We may of got a result if Bruno was playing. There was chances and he usually makes the right choice when in the final 3rd.

DJ_21

What did the Arsenal fan do?

DJ_21

A mad stat. We actually finished the game with more possession and more attempts than them.

Nas-JR

If Ten hag gets sacked, he's seriously dug his own grave by never playing a 4-2-3-1. I'd argue that almost all our midfielders are better suited to that. Eriksen, casimero, mainoo and amrabat. We had so much more control today and it was primarily due to this.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
14 losses in the league and 2 still to come. A proper failure from both manager and players but also the new ownership to act in time to save this god-awful season.

And no, inheriting 15 years of shite is no excuse. They were supposed to have had a plan.

Abraxas

Considering the starting XIs I expected worse. I think Arsenal just set their stall out to do enough, they were probably a bit nervy, I think if we had more about us they would have been under real pressure with that performance.

You look at their team with the power and solidity they have in midfield against our makeshift midfield, their pace and ability up front against a make shift and ancient backline, it's a surprise we only lost 1-0.

Which is still terrible, Man United shouldn't be happy about losing a game only 1-0 at home to Arsenal.

Manny

Grammar Police
Agree with Rooney that some players can play and are conveniently coming back from injury towards the end of season to try be fit for the Euros.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
That was one of the poorest games Arsenal has played all season in midfield. But United deserve credit for pressing aggressively and cohesively. United forced Arsenal to be sharp and we just weren’t. I have no idea why Ten Hag hasn’t set up like that more often without the ball this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don’t care if we lose, we just need to win the one that really matters which is the game at Wembley
Yep, although we're all stewing on that mess today, we'd all have made that swap.

El Zoido

What did the Arsenal fan do?
Was a bit above and behind me, I guess he didn’t keep quiet and outed himself as an Arse in the Stretford end. Got hauled out around halftime. When I got to the concourse the stewards were dragging him down the stairs while we all cheered on. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Taking the full pain of this watching the chat after.
Merson has already signed himself up for 2 tattoos for what he thinks won't happen plus how Ten Hag should be knighted if we beat City!

freddie the red

Foresight suggested this makeshift United side would be pumped big time by the mostly full strength title challengers but hindsight says this makeshift side did ok under the circumstances.
Anyone suggesting Arsenal cruised through that and were never in any trouble didn't see the worried look on Arteta's face and those of their fans.
Had United fluked a goal towards the end that would have more or less handed the title to their only rivals.
Casemiro's defensive jog apart there were some decent displays from non first teamers and square pegs.
Sort of non plussed with this defeat but now really want to win the remaining 3 fixtures.

El Zoido

What’s the take of the OT crowd on Eth? Is there still backing for him?
Not so much any more, used to have rounds of ten hag’s red and white army earlier in the season but we haven’t sung it for months. Most of the fans I talk to in the Stretford end have lost faith. fecking great support though, I’ve lost my voice after a boring game where we lost 1-0 and nothing happened.

RedChisel

Arsenal are so overrated and will end the season with nothing just as they deserve.

AndyMUFC

I mean it was toothless but a bit less chaos football was nice to see, though that was partly due to Arsenal’s tactics and playing within themselves. The three points was what mattered to them today.

Glad it’s over and done with though because there was no positive outcome to that game.

Ghirahim

Much improved performance from the Palace game but just lacked that little bit of creativity in the midfield to score a goal.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 160 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 0:3 Arsenal
  • 11% Man Utd 0:4 Arsenal