Music Podcast Recommendations

I've been listening to the Adam Buxton podcast a lot recently. Quality ranges dependent on the guest but it's such a lovely podcast to put on in the background while playing a game.

Also, a shout out to Filmspotting. Best movie podcast I've ever come across.

Love me some Adam Buxton. Louis Theroux is my favourite guest. Always funny as feck.

Started a couple of these but they sound like they don't really know what they're talking about and they've just barely researched enough to talk about something. One is the Satanism one that I got about half way through. Maybe I need to give them more of a go.

It might depend on when that episode was made. I think they were still finding their feet early on and definitely didn't do as much research as they should/could have. You can sort've tell that at a certain point (basically when they started making most episodes 2-3 parts instead of condensing in to one episode) they started researching and putting more thought and organization in to each topic and it's noticeable.

I'll second Bill Burr's Monday Morning podcast. Who doesn't love old freckles.

Adam Carolla show is good in bursts. I got sick if it because it's every weekday and each show is 2 hours so it's better to have it build up and pick and choose the guests or have a listen when there's something very topical going on. The man is a master of references.

Nothing else that hasn't been mentioned unless you want recommendations on something more niche like Magic the Gathering podcasts.

Yeah was hilarious, I was in stitches driving when I heard it. I like the Bodega Boys to, but only in small doses as they annoy me after too long.
Bodega Boys probably my favorite podcast, though the Brilliant Idiots while funny at times put some interesting points across from time to time. I even listened all the episodes to Desus vs Mero too and they have certainly calmed down from their most reckless days. Do find their progression facinating.

Did none give the S-Town podcast a listen? Found it completely enthralling and a bit heartbreaking in equal measure.
I did. I really enjoyed it. It drifted off a bit towards the end, but in a good way I think.

Bodega Boys probably my favorite podcast, though the Brilliant Idiots while funny at times put some interesting points across from time to time. I even listened all the episodes to Desus vs Mero too and they have certainly calmed down from their most reckless days. Do find their progression facinating.

Yeah I used to watch the Desus vs Mero Youtube series when they were with Complex at the beginning. Their rise has been incredible, now one of the top watched late night shows in the States.

I quite like True Crime Garage and thought season 1 of Someone Knows Something was well done (both true crime).

(I've probably recommened this elsewhere)

I found this to be really good. Dry, but good

www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html

Host is a journalist and financial advisor and ex-quant from Wall Street, who also happens to be a cynical far-leftist. The guests are (again) mostly leftist, but he has had a few libertarians and conservatives on as well. I think he is a good, unobtrusive interviewer.

Can't beat true crime podcasts

Dirty John
Young Charlie
Untold: the Daniel Morgan Murder (though just season 1)
In The Dark

Apologies for bumping an ancient thread but probably worth having a thread with this name and feel weird about starting a new one because my first recommendation is one which a friend of mine (he's the Irish sounding one) produces. It's called Good Life Guys and I think it's decent. Main focus is self-improvement but covers all sorts of stuff from how to pick up girls, to dealing with addictions to insights into the human condition picked up in Thai brothels. All the good stuff really. Available on iTunes and all the usual places.

Just sampled the Good Life Guys. It was ok but they talked more than they delivered, in the one I listened to anyway. And your friend asked some questions of Yasin but didn't wait for the answer.... I'll try another few episodes.

One thing was annoying me is that I couldn't figure out his accent. It sounded Dub (when he said book) but other that it was very Anglo.

Just sampled the Good Life Guys. It was ok but they talked more than they delivered, in the one I listened to anyway. And your friend asked some questions of Yasin but didn't wait for the answer.... I'll try another few episodes.

One thing was annoying me is that I couldn't figure out his accent. It sounded Dub (when he said book) but other that it was very Anglo.

He’s from Dundalk. A small town north of Dublin. Got its own distinct accent. The podcast is pretty mixed tbh. They’re getting better though.

I remember Dundalk. Twas a rough town back in the 80s.
One mad fecker wanted to fight me and called me a Southie (a new one on me at that time).

'Dissect' is great. It's this guy who talks through an album song by song, commenting on the music, the lyrics, and the story behind the song. The first season he did a Kendrick Lamar album, and in the second he did My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye.

'Dissect' is great. It's this guy who talks through an album song by song, commenting on the music, the lyrics, and the story behind the song. The first season he did a Kendrick Lamar album, and in the second he did My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye.

Sounds great. I'll check that out. Thanks for the recommendation

Sounds great. I'll check that out. Thanks for the recommendation
I'm still on the second season, just listened to part one of 'Runaway', and it's been really good. It can get a bit nerdy at times, but never overwhelmingly so.

West Cork (on Audible) is a pretty good listen. Its about the Sophie Toscan Du Plantier case. A fascinating case in general with a lot of interesting interviews with witnesses and suspects.