Phone Sky And Cancel MUTV

We cancelling because we aren’t getting Jadon Sancho :lol:

If we get him do we re-subscribe? I’m down I just want to know exactly what I have to do.

It's not a protest at not signing a player. It's the fact that we should be the the most valuable club in the world, but we're run like a shambolic business.

MUTV is terrible, I'm surprised people still pay for that channel to keep them going.

Oh okay. What’s the evidence?

Is this a windup?

Our transfer activity always end up as drawn out sagas leading to panic buys. We have the funds to get the players in order to mount a title challenge, but won't spend. The stadium needs attention, but there's no investment.
If things don't turn around soon, our fanbase will start declining. Such a shame after everything that was accomplished in the last 30 years.

Is this a windup?

Our transfer activity always end up as drawn out sagas leading to panic buys. We have the funds to get the players in order to mount a title challenge, but won't spend. The stadium needs attention, but there's no investment.
If things don't turn around soon, our fanbase will start declining. Such a shame after everything that was accomplished in the last 30 years.

So transfers :lol: Which is exactly my point.

MUTV is shocking anyway
Jonny Evans missus is the only good thing about it and Lou Macari is good value but the rest of the commentators and presenters have to be the most insipid bunch.
I do feel sorry for Paddy as it is embarrassing how he tries to only see things the MUTV way and dementia is kicking in.
Don't make comments like this man. Paddy doesn't have dementia as far as we know and thank God for that.

So transfers :lol: Which is exactly my point.

You seemed to imply that the anti glazer sentiment was a reaction to the Sancho situation. We're in need of several players in order to seriously compete, and the Stadium needs some investment.
If other clubs are investing where they're able, why aren't we?

You don't see it this way?

Cancel the whole football service!!

Did this 2 years ago. you can survive on streams, its not all bad. We have a great streaming thread in Redcafe messages
Is it? The one I'm in is quiet...

You seemed to imply that the anti glazer sentiment was a reaction to the Sancho situation. We're in need of several players in order to seriously compete, and the Stadium needs some investment.

We have, we badly spent the money but there isn't actually a lot of clubs that have invested more on their football teams than United.

As someone correctly mentioned earlier, we are not fans for the owners, we are customers. They do not care much about success on the pitch they care more about the value of the club growing. They put a huge debt on the club to own it and have taken out more money to manage the debt which is growing again. For me Man Utd are football club first and foremost. The more fans become vocal about the current ownership the better. If we can deprive the leeches of 1 pound individually, we should do it. Scousers managed to do it, can we fooking not?

Get iptv and stick it to the lot of them. BBC included, paying tv licence on top of a subscription. Rant over

And call them again and renew it if we buy Jadon Sancho. Our fans are getting more ridiculous by the day.

Right on mate I’ve just done the same.

Phoned up Sky and asked to cancel my MUTV subscription but they informed me I’m not a customer.

Remembered I’m with Virgin so phoned them up to cancel MUTV. They told I wasn’t paying for it already so I asked them to sign me up. But then I phoned back an hour later to cancel my subscription.

Woodward and the Glazers are now aware of my anger.
This did make me chuckle :lol:

MUTV is terrible, I'm surprised people still pay for that channel to keep them going.
Like wise, it's dreadful. Fuelled full of propaganda rubbish. The main commentator on there is woeful.

We have, we badly spent the money but there isn't actually a lot of clubs that have invested more on their football teams than United.

With players coming and going, we haven't invested too heavily in the last three years, but even if we had, what is the club's strategy now? They're not going to invest heavily because it hasn't worked?
Obviously there is the moral aspect of throwing money away in a world where there is a lot of need, I get that.
However, if United is a club that regards itself as one of the biggest in the world, they have no choice but to trust the manager's vision and invest in it. If not, what is the club trying to achieve?

So let me get this straight, club is in debt, old Trafford needs renovation but people are annoyed because we haven’t spend over a hundred mill on Sancho? Makes sense.

Oh and it’s funny how no one was protesting the Glazers when summer after summer we were spending big eh? Our fans are more plastic than Jordan’s tits.

There's been an awful lot of bad posts here recently, but this is possibly the worst I've read.

If we sign Sancho, you will stop moaning. This is all transfer-addiction induced, let’s not deceive ourselves.

If we sign Sancho, you will stop moaning. This is all transfer-addiction induced, let’s not deceive ourselves.

A couple of years ago I started a thread saying the same thing (see below). I defended Ed and the Glazers, and claimed that we had too many spoilt crybabies in our fanbase.
However, the last few years have really shown me that there are major trust issues between the board and the manager, and this filters through to the team.

What about this for a u-turn.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/why...d-and-the-glazers-sorry-i-dont-follow.441077/

With players coming and going, we haven't invested too heavily in the last three years, but even if we had, what is the club's strategy now? They're not going to invest heavily because it hasn't worked?
Obviously there is the moral aspect of throwing money away in a world where there is a lot of need, I get that.
However, if United is a club that regards itself as one of the biggest in the world, they have no choice but to trust the manager's vision and invest in it. If not, what is the club trying to achieve?

We have invested heavily, we have one of the largest wage bill in the world and are one of the club that spend the most on transfer fees. I mean we are talking about a club that had a budget over 580m£ in 2019. The issue is that some of you aren't grounded in reality, it's not about the morality of throwing money, it's about having the money to throw away. It doesn't matter if the manager has a vision or not, currently United spend as much money has the other big clubs and can't spend a lot more unless if the club borrow money which means that you essentially take money away from future budgets.

We have invested heavily, we have one of the largest wage bill in the world and are one of the club that spend the most on transfer fees. I mean we are talking about a club that had a budget over 580m£ in 2019. The issue is that some of you aren't grounded in reality, it's not about the morality of throwing money, it's about having the money to throw away. It doesn't matter if the manager has a vision or not, currently United spend as much money has the other big clubs and can't spend a lot more unless if the club borrow money which means that you essentially take money away from future budgets.

If the money simply isn't there to invest heavily, then I'd agree totally. To be honest I don't know how much money there is to spend, but surely we have the money to make three major signings right now?
In fairness, Ole has spent well with the money he's been given, and I think we were hoping for the team to push on further this season. But if Ole doesn't get the players he needs, it suggests the board do not trust him to succeed with a heavily invested team.

If the money simply isn't there to invest heavily, then I'd agree totally. To be honest I don't know how much money there is to spend, but surely we have the money to make three major signings right now?
In fairness, Ole has spent well with the money he's been given, and I think we were hoping for the team to push on further this season. But if Ole doesn't get the players he needs, it suggests the board do not trust him to succeed with a heavily invested team.

Why? How much do you think the club actually makes? We had to take a 150m loan in order to cover the lack of income between March and June, we currently don't make gate money but still have the same recurring expenses and football clubs rarely have money to make three major signings in particular when we already made one in January and an other one last summer plus two relatively expensive players in Wan Bissaka and VDB because in the real world of football transfers over 40m€ are major transfers. When clubs make several major signings they either spared money in the recent past, Chelsea and Real Madrid would be recent examples or they are borrowing from future budgets. United aren't different, we don't live in a different financial dimension.

And before some posters start that nonsense again, this isn't a defense of the club or the owners. If the club was well managed we would be in a position where we don't have to spend big every summer just to not be left behind. Big clubs are rarely in that situation because their large purchases are supposed to be guaranteed successes, unfortunately in our case every big purchase(+40m€) end up making very little difference and requiring even more investment. We have been so used to silly amounts being wasted that the fanbase thinks that it's normal and not enough.

The Glazers have not put in their own money into the club. Why should we?

It's kind of depressing to think that the only way for them to sell up is to hope we tank so badly that the club stops being profitable.

Why? How much do you think the club actually makes? We had to take a 150m loan in order to cover the lack of income between March and June, we currently don't make gate money but still have the same recurring expenses and football clubs rarely have money to make three major signings in particular when we already made one in January and an other one last summer plus two relatively expensive players in Wan Bissaka and VDB because in the real world of football transfers over 40m€ are major transfers. When clubs make several major signings they either spared money in the recent past, Chelsea and Real Madrid would be recent examples or they are borrowing from future budgets. United aren't different, we don't live in a different financial dimension.

And before some posters start that nonsense again, this isn't a defense of the club or the owners. If the club was well managed we would be in a position where we don't have to spend big every summer just to not be left behind. Big clubs are rarely in that situation because their large purchases are supposed to be guaranteed successes, unfortunately in our case every big purchase(+40m€) end up making very little difference and requiring even more investment. We have been so used to silly amounts being wasted that the fanbase thinks that it's normal and not enough.

Post of the day. Atleast someone see’s the actual issues and also knows that this money pot people just assume we have does not exist. Our financials clearly state what we can and cannot do. Also key to point out.. If our expensive purchases had a better success rate I.e. Alisson, Fabinho, VVD. We wouldn’t have to keep spending so big and we might take the risk of leveraging more.

So let me get this straight, club is in debt, old Trafford needs renovation but people are annoyed because we haven’t spend over a hundred mill on Sancho? Makes sense.

Oh and it’s funny how no one was protesting the Glazers when summer after summer we were spending big eh? Our fans are more plastic than Jordan’s tits.

Are you fecking high?

Im saying that £1 billion could be used on renovation of the stadium or the squad.

The fans who spend money on the club are paying on interest for the debt to this fecking day.

The Glazers love fans like you. They are the reason we are in this mess in the first place.

Post of the day. Atleast someone see’s the actual issues and also knows that this money pot people just assume we have does not exist. Our financials clearly state what we can and cannot do. Also key to point out.. If our expensive purchases had a better success rate I.e. Alisson, Fabinho, VVD. We wouldn’t have to keep spending so big and we might take the risk of leveraging more.
So really it says everything. Going off at a tangent with managers, instead of picking a certain style of manager. Letting them waste money left, right and centre. People with no knowledge of football making the final and most important decisions.

Not much I Know, but I've done my bit to stick it to the shithead Glazers.

Very easy to mock, but I tip my cap to you. The reason a fan lead movement won't have any legs, is because people aren't willing to make sacrifices. I freely admit I am one of those, but I won't mock you to try and absolve myself.

I'm not a fan of the timing or some of your reasoning, but anyone who can't see how this club has failed miserably post Sir Alex is kidding themselves (Sancho or no Sancho). We can talk about how much money we have spent (which is a lot), but ultimately we have failed on the field... the players who are picked by a manager, who is picked by a CEO, who is picked by the owners. We keep churning through players and managers, and one constant remains

everyone should unsubscribe to everything, their facebook, their twitter, their instagram. Cancel any membership agreements, dont buy any merchandise. People will laugh and mock, however we have to start somewhere.
I think you should all start by deleting your profile on redcafe.

So really it says everything. Going off at a tangent with managers, instead of picking a certain style of manager. Letting them waste money left, right and centre. People with no knowledge of football making the final and most important decisions.

Yeah the clubs decision making on the football side is awful. But we still are where we are. We aren’t the only club making stupid decisions.

Yeah the clubs decision making on the football side is awful. But we still are where we are. We aren’t the only club making stupid decisions.
A club this size and stature should be hiring the best people who would not make stupid decisions.