Paul Mitchell - Sporting Director | Now at Newcastle

Really? How come

I think he did good work at Tottenham. It was very visible to me.

Dan Ashworth, I have no idea who he is and I still probably don't. I'm sure he's good enough for us to enter a court case over, though.

Dan Ashworth, I have no idea who he is and I still probably don't. I'm sure he's good enough for us to enter a court case over, though.

Dan Ashworth has done way more noticeable work in English football than Mitchell has ever done, so weird that you come to that conclusion.

Hes also never actually had the same role as Ashworth before until this one... this is a big step up for him.

Dan Ashworth has done way more noticeable work in English football than Mitchell has ever done, so weird that you come to that conclusion.

Maybe he has, I don't know. I don't really compare what technical directors are doing on a day to day basis.

But Southampton and Tottenham were pretty good around the dates that Mitchell was involved. Maybe he has a different role then and will struggle at Newcastle, who knows.

But as I see it - Tottenham, to this day, are still riding on that wave of improvement from around 2014 onwards.

Well he is better than Dan Ashworth according to some Newcastle fans
Newcastle fans are the least intelligent fanbase in football history so I'd take anything they say with a dumpster full of salt.

Good move for them. I think he'll do good work there.

I might be wrong but I'm sure he's only done this role a Monaco and was considered a failure, while Ashworth has done this role at the FA and Brighton prior to Newcastle, both of which were successful and Newcastle it's not been as strong

Hasn't done anything since his spell at Spurs nearly a decade ago.

The Poch of sporting directors

Considering he has never done the same job as Ashworth before I think I'll take their opinion with a pitch of salt

Good and ambitious move for both him and Newcastle, but I wish them all the bad luck in the world.

How are they best in class if they were at Chelsea? “Magpies media” :lol:
I'll give you the laughing at Magpies media but Neil Bath is genuinely one of the best in class. He has been at Chelsea since 1993 and responsible for their academy for the last 20 years I think. Chelsea fans will know way more on this but he's very good.

If you are getting this from 'X', I suggest you pay no attention. I have seen a lot of posts today from them convinced that they got the full £20m from us for Ashworth and they replaced him with Paul Mitchell for a pittance. I won't be surprised if they are all bots solely there to spread misinformation.

The hype around this guy is very strange.

Maybe he has, I don't know. I don't really compare what technical directors are doing on a day to day basis.

But Southampton and Tottenham were pretty good around the dates that Mitchell was involved. Maybe he has a different role then and will struggle at Newcastle, who knows.

But as I see it - Tottenham, to this day, are still riding on that wave of improvement from around 2014 onwards.

So you dont know yet you rate hin higher than Ashworth?

its just turning into one big merry go round with these football staff types...

In what way? Mitchell has never worked as DoF at either Southampton or Tottenham. His work at Monaco was pretty ordinary going by what most French football fans say.

He later admitted that he (a) didn’t know who Dan Ashworth was, (b) didn’t know what roles Mitchell had previously had, and (c) didn’t understand the difference between a DoF, HoR, and TD.

So as ill informed, baseless posts go…..it was a doozy.

Chelsea's academy is not rather good? Look at the money it's made them over the years and the trophies they've won.
Chelsea’s academy is excellent! They have produced a lot of very good players. Neil Bath and Jim Fraser have done an amazing job there.
I haven’t heard anything about why they are leaving but maybe the Chelsea fans can enlighten me.