Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have gone in for him from the very beginning, with a view of going after Sancho long term when his contract is more reasonable.

Chasing after expensive, in demand targets with long term contracts is stupid.

We should have gone in for him from the very beginning, with a view of going after Sancho long term when his contract is more reasonable.

Uhhhh...

Dembele on the right and Sancho on the left.

Duncan Castles should be on the blacklist. Guy is fecking terrible. Just a general opinion of mine, based on recent nonsense from him

Looks good, and it could happen in about 1-2 years if we were serious about it.
Even if we miss out on Sancho it's fine as long as we have quality alternatives but it seems we've put all our eggs in one basket for almost 2 years, which unless we bring in a quality alternative is gonna really aide the likes of spurs, Arsenal, Leicester or Wolves for 4th.

100% guarantee this deal is not happening. Not a chance we are going for him and not a chance he wants to leave Barca for us.

Even if we miss out on Sancho it's fine as long as we have quality alternatives but it seems we've put all our eggs in one basket for almost 2 years, which unless we bring in a quality alternative is gonna really aide the likes of spurs, Arsenal, Leicester or Wolves for 4th.

Yep, exactly what happened with Maguire too when we couldn't get him in 2018.

Dembele on the right and Sancho on the left.

Or the opposite which is kind of the beauty of both players. The issue is whether they would wake up in time for games?

Or the opposite which is kind of the beauty of both players. The issue is whether they would wake up in time for games?

Yep, people have said we have an interchangeable front 3 but none of them (bar Greenwood) is capable to play on the right.

And I have no doubt they would wake up in time for a game of FIFA.

Ousmane Dembele was picked up from the Rennes reserves gutter by Mikael Silvestre.

He literally owes MUFC a living.

Sign him up Fergie! He will make us proud.

Duncan Castles should be on the blacklist. Guy is fecking terrible. Just a general opinion of mine, based on recent nonsense from him

Yeah I agree he's absolute shite.

He was so insistent that we were in for Pepe last Summer.

Complete joker and his podcast is nonsense.

They picked a random big name to shut up fans after missing on Sancho? Compelling stuff

If said big name can perform to his potential then not only would I be pleasantly shut up, but I'd take it everyday of the week and twice on Sunday..

If said big name can perform to his potential then not only would I be pleasantly shut up, but I'd take it everyday of the week and twice on Sunday..
He probably could for five games before twanging his hamstring

I don't think it's good we've lost out on another option for the wing, it's concerning.
We have missed out on a player who can't string games together, it is not like we have a good record of recovering injured players.

No doubt he's talented and has tremendous potential, I wouldn't oppose a temporary loan without any purchase obligation.

Happy to miss on this one. No way the club should be spending £80+ on a player that is injury prone, has a bad diet and poor work ethic. We'd just be doing Barca a favour to take him off their payroll.

Yesterday's Transfer Window podcast. Castles said that Barcelona would only allow Demebele to leave on a transfer not a loan. £100mil asking price. Also other problem is his agent is asking for Mina Riola levels of money for himself. Lastly, player has no interest in leaving Barcelona. So this is a nonstarter.

Yesterday's Transfer Window podcast. Castles said that Barcelona would only allow Demebele to leave on a transfer not a loan. £100mil asking price. Also other problem is his agent is asking for Mina Riola levels of money for himself. Lastly, player has no interest in leaving Barcelona. So this is a nonstarter.

He'll probably be sold after a couple seasons to Arsenal for 50m so that Barcelona can cut their losses and Arteta will get the best out of him.

He'll probably be sold after a couple seasons to Arsenal for 50m so that Barcelona can cut their losses and Arteta will get the best out of him.
That would mean that Pepe had flopped so Arteta would have failed him and Arsenal had spunked 72mil up the wall.

He’s not someone you can take his word unless if he’s talking about Mourinho. We need to stop bump in on this thread because he’s not leaving this summer. I’ll be surprised if Barcelona already gives up on him this year. Barcelona already named players who are not for sale and Dembele is one of them, all reliable journalists already write this one off & on top of it Dembele in the past had stated before that his dream is to play for Barcelona and he’s currently in the club where he wants to play.

It makes sens, Barca are skint. They couldn't get Lautaro Martinez

Last edited:
Came in as a sub yesterday for Barca so he must be fit. I am okay with this alternative but does he want to come though? Or can we actually get him with Jadon and send Dan James out on loan to Brighton?

This one simply isn't going to happen, moving on.

Wasnt there a post or article that this guy was a trouble maker with a bad attitude.

Wasnt there a post or article that this guy was a trouble maker with a bad attitude.

Yeah this has been said about him but honestly think a new environment alongside his international team mates could bring out a change and see the top drawer player that he looked whilst at Dortmund

He's not a troublemaker as far as I'm aware, but rather unprofessional. Turns up late for training because he stays up playing computer games which is something Sancho has also been guilty of.

Him starting for one game means he is fit ffs. Look at his record. Five games and out. Ten at tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.