Our new upper management structure

Also he might get veto but he isn’t deciding targets.

“Erik, here are three left backs we’ve extensively scouted and think fit our philosophy and transfer strategy”

“ heh no”

“ok well you’ll get nothing then”

@devilish

I think that’s the key here. The targets will be identified via the structure and he’ll have a say as to which he prefers or wants to veto.

The actual important bit is the targets being identified and he won’t be doing that.

@devilish

I think that’s the key here. The targets will be identified via the structure and he’ll have a say as to which he prefers or wants to veto.

The actual important bit is the targets being identified and he won’t be doing that.

I hope you are right. However I saw a YouTube interview made with two journalists from the athletic and it doesn't seem to be the case. I'll try and find it and post it here later on

Not really.

Director of recruitment don't CONTROL recruitment, he/she simply runs the office. He perhaps would have full say on players under 5m (e.g. Bebe) without wider consultation but otherwise it was someone else / group decision. DOR is more like Secretary of Office of Recruitment managing Agents, Permanent, Contracted, and part time.

Technical Dir doesn't control style of play, it is the MANAGER. Perhaps someone manage all the supporting staff such as medical dept, ground staff, fitness coach, Academy staff, U19, U17, U15 etc., but I am still confused between Tech Vs Football director
Technical director role is different at each clubs. At many clubs, the technical director actually acts as a director of football. But from what we know, At United it’s a role that has Wilcox working with ETH on a defined style of play. I’d say beside that, his primary function would probably be to work with Fletcher and Cox to ensure the youth teams are playing with the same ethos as the first team, as well as working with data analytics.

Managers should not have vetos on transfers

Every manager has an inherent veto on transfers. They can just not play them.

Look at Mourinho with Fred. Probably better to do it in a more healthy and preemptive way than that.

@devilish

Apart from ten Hag's first season where we lost both heads of scouting and a void needed filling, ten Hag hasn't dictated recruitment at all. And even The Athletic have written about Martinez being a player that ten Hag selected from a list of CBs that was drawn up by the football people at the club.

Jose Mayorga, Simon Wells and Marco De Sisti have been running recruitment since the summer of 2023. And the football people have brought through several players into the first team from the youth (Mainoo, Garnacho? and via transfers.

You have to laugh at the fact that we have this whole new football management team and yet the Dutch influence is as strong as ever!

Not only is the manager contract extended, he is also joined by two Dutch guys and we are supposedly close to signing to Dutch players.

ETH secretly runs club doesnt he…