Boothferry Park (Hull)
Boothferry+Park+in+all+its+glory.jpg

3722274_d30448b1_original.jpg

Last edited:
Why did you lock the thread then unlock it

Boothferry Park (Hull)

Didn't realise they'd finally gotten rid of the old ground. It was there for years after it closed. Those houses look ugly though.

Didn't realise they'd finally gotten rid of the old ground. It was there for years after it closed. Those houses look ugly though.

Yeah there was an issue for years as Kwik Save bought a lease to have the supermarket incorporated into the stand for 99 years, they eventually went bust around 2007... The houses are ugly though but then show me a part of West Hull that isn't :lol:
Moved to the MKM in 2002 but the old ground wasn't pulled down until 2010.

Yeah there was an issue for years as Kwik Save bought a lease to have the supermarket incorporated into the stand for 99 years, they eventually went bust around 2007... The houses are ugly though but then show me a part of West Hull that isn't :lol:
Moved to the MKM in 2002 but the old ground wasn't pulled down until 2010.
I can't remember what the supermarket was before Kwik Save? Maybe Grandways? They disappeared even longer ago.

I know what you mean about that part of town. My gran used to live on Cardigan Road, off Anlaby Road, less than 10 minutes' walk away, if that. They still had the old outside loo and air raid shelter in the garden.

Boothferry Park (Hull)

Now this is a blast from the past. Visited in 1998 for the FA Cup with my local NL team Hednesford Town. Good game and a great result for the Pitmen.

Sad in a way to see all these old grounds gone forever. I think the way Highbury has been repurposed is interesting but I bet it’s weird for the players who called it home.

Oooh this is an awesome thread. Makes me nostalgic for English football in the 90s.

Slightly depressing how most of them have just given way to copy-paste new builds. :(

Anyone think Old Trafford would also go down like this?

We have a huge infra need and I would assume , it's probably better to create a new one than changing the existing ones ?

Some people want Old Trafford to go the same way.

Keep the heritage

Bin the soulless bowls

Nice thread, yet slightly depressing.

Age catches up to all of us and everything sadly.

I've been to Highbury many times, been to Upton Park and to Highfield Road, Coventry. And haven't been to their new stadiums.

I’ve been to the old and new ones at all 3. Similar bowl experiences at all the new ones. The old ones each had character that was unique to them. Especially Highbury and Upton Park. Both clubs upgraded their revenues but massively downgraded in that unique Arsenal and West Ham culture feel that smacked you in the face when you walked into the ground. It makes you appreciate your own home ground that has been home to our both clubs for over a century.