NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Totally missed this.

Monte Kiffin, the architect of the Tampa Two, passed away earlier this week.

Gruden was hired for many reasons, but a big one was when the Glazers basically said he will have no impact on the defense, that Monte Kiffin was a co-head coach in many aspects. Gruden realized the quality of defense & was on board...

Jordan Addison arrested for DUI a week after his teammate died because of a drunk driver. Absolute fool.

Ravens Super Bowl hero Jacoby Jones has died. Only 40 years old.

I remember him doing poorly somewhere, that must be it.

Jerry ran Rob Ryan out of town, singling him out for how bad the defense was in 2011 and 2012. He brought in Kiffin and telling anyone who'd listen this would fix everything, forgetting he still had a shit head coach who had never done anything worthy of such a job, well outside of being a fan favorite backup QB. I told a couple of my Cowboys supporting friends that Kiffin's style is long gone in today's scheming, easily exploited by competent OCs and highlighted how shit he was at USC.

Screenshot-20240304-213454.png

50 days out
:drool:

That season opener on Friday morning, the anticipation the entire weekend for that first RedZone and Scott Hanson's enthusiasm, the octobox, the witching hour, ...

There is truly nothing like it, can't wait for it to be back again.

:drool:

That season opener on Friday morning, the anticipation the entire weekend for that first RedZone and Scott Hanson's enthusiasm, the octobox, the witching hour, ...

There is truly nothing like it, can't wait for it to be back again.

Opening weekend will have game to watch on Saturday morning too, with the Brazil game happening late Friday night. Glorious.

As a Cowboys fan I'm glad he's gone. He was literally a bigger hater than anyone else and so annoying. Got what he deserved for how he treated Shannon Sharpe too.

Whilst I totally understand the logic, it's still pretty funny to me that a player who's started 1 year is holding out on Green Bay. Especially after all the Rodgers stuff they've had to deal with :lol:

I have no way of knowing if these are joke answers or not. Like telling someone they should support Hull.
Both teams have made the playoffs recently, the Buccaneers having won the Superb Owl a couple of years ago.

You could choose far worse.

Don’t pick a team based on recommendations; either choose a city you have some kind of connection with, or watch the sport and pick who you like.

In all seriousness, if I were picking a team to support now I'd probably pick the Chicago Bears. Been shit the last few years but they look like they're on an upwards trajectory after the draft. Great historic franchise too. Detroit Lions would be my next pick.

I would have said the Texans but their fanbase is kind of shitty and they can't fill their stadium even when they're good.

In all seriousness, if I were picking a team to support now I'd probably pick the Chicago Bears. Been shit the last few years but they look like they're on an upwards trajectory after the draft. Great historic franchise too. Detroit Lions would be my next pick.

I would have said the Texans but their fanbase is kind of shitty and they can't fill their stadium even when they're good.

I'd find it hard to pick a team in such a cold way. But then having said that, I picked Dallas because of Hank Hill so..

This is the first year I'll be following the NFL for the whole season. I watched all the games in the post season last year and I'm choosing Kansas City Chiefs to be my team I support because they were by far the most exiting team I watched. Bit of a gloryhunter's excuse given that they are one of the favourites but I have no affiliation to any of the other teams.
This was how I picked my team 5 years ago. Worked out okay in the end.

Enjoying the offseason version of Hard Knocks. Unlike other HK versions which are filmed during training camp or in season, the focus here is more on the front office providing a birds-eye view into draft prep, negotiations and salary cap stuff. Cameras are allowed into their interviews with potential draftees which I found fascinating. One thing immediately stands out, Brian Daboll is a clown.

Whilst I totally understand the logic, it's still pretty funny to me that a player who's started 1 year is holding out on Green Bay. Especially after all the Rodgers stuff they've had to deal with :lol:

For all that he did well in the second half of the season he wasn’t great in the first. So they’ll be dropping $55m per year or something for 1/2 year good production

This was how I picked my team 5 years ago. Worked out okay in the end.
Glory hunter.

Did exactly the same when I 'chose' the Pats some 12 years ago. When you have no affiliation or connection to any team whatsoever, you kind of have to go by excitement

I have no way of knowing if these are joke answers or not. Like telling someone they should support Hull.
The Dolphins have the most lovable coach currently and maybe the most exciting offense. Tha Bears mentioned in a following comment have the next big thing at the sport’s most important position supported by quality offensive help. They’re both superb options.

Other entertaining options off the top of my head would be San Francisco or Cincinnati. You could go for the Eagles too as they will be fun.

Last edited:
Logical advice - If you live in Europe and you like to get to sleep before 12/1am on a Sunday, choose a team from the east coast, they will play more games at 6pm Sunday.

Shallow advice - I follow Denver because of my dad but man, most of the merch is so bad. I don’t like wearing navy and the only other option is bright orange. Have a look at colours and logos if you want to wear their merch.

Best advice - don’t choose the Chiefs. Anyone but them.

Still find it insane that he's played 18 playoff games in his 6 year career.