NFL 2024 | Let's Football

My word madness some of them :lol:
Rams, Seahawks and Jags stand out most to me but the others bottom-right aren't really that surprising to me and all have reasons for optimism (new (rookie) QBs, new coaching staff, ...).

Jets and Niners need to combine for almost 700 yards tonight to avoid the lowest offensive yardage output in Week 1 since 2010... Really feels like Week 1 is the new preseason, and it's glarlingly obvious if you look at teams like the Falcons who rested all their offensive starters in preseason. You just cannot duplicate the intensity of a true game in training camp, I guess.

Rams, Seahawks and Jags stand out most to me but the others bottom-right aren't really that surprising to me and all have reasons for optimism (new (rookie) QBs, new coaching staff, ...).
Seahawks have a new coaching staff as well.

The Panthers are comically bad. The investments they made this offseason will just come back to bite them even more. The money they sunk into these two average guards alone is sheer madness.

Maybe true but that level of fan optimism to reach the Bowl for some of those such teams is wild.

Jets and Niners need to combine for almost 700 yards tonight to avoid the lowest offensive yardage output in Week 1 since 2010... Really feels like Week 1 is the new preseason, and it's glarlingly obvious if you look at teams like the Falcons who rested all their offensive starters in preseason. You just cannot duplicate the intensity of a true game in training camp, I guess.
Yeah. It really feels like it’s October before you really see what a team is truly about, especially teams with big changes in their roster or in coaching staff.

Maybe true but that level of fan optimism to reach the Bowl for some of those such teams is wild.
Might be wrong but I don't think the fans optimism poll was about their chances to reach the Superbowl, just their level of optimism in general with the person doing their graph plotting against their odds of winning the Superbowl.

Might be wrong but I don't think the fans optimism poll was about their chances to reach the Superbowl, just their level of optimism in general with the person doing their graph plotting against their odds of winning the Superbowl.
Oh. Then it makes more sense, although the comparison is a bit pointless then. You can be very optimistic and happy with what your franchise is doing and have no realistic chance of reaching the superbowl.

Was at Hard Rock stadium for my first home game yesterday. Dreadful first half, but great second half. Really enjoyed the experience - though traffic around the stadium was absolute hell

Back to Miami for the Bills game on Thursday

Seahawks have a new coaching staff as well.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Were you all so fed up with Pete Carroll in the end then? Can't say I know much about Macdonald apart from the fact that the Ravens always seemed to have a decent to very good defense.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Were you all so fed up with Pete Carroll in the end then? Can't say I know much about Macdonald apart from the fact that the Ravens always seemed to have a decent to very good defense.
Think it had got a bit stale, yeah. Was still sad to see him go but felt like the change was needed.

As for Macdonald, was very impressed by the Ravens defense last year, especially in the playoffs. Obviously need to wait for bigger challenges but the defense looked good in week 1, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Another day, another lawsuit accusing Deshaun of sexual assault.

Sprained PCL for Puka, with IR a possibility.

Meanwhile Jordan Love won’t go to IR and might not even miss a game, although 2-3 games absence seems a tad more realistic.

EDIT: IR confirmed for Puka now by McVay.

Speaking of Toney - and watching the Jets game - somebody once described Garrett Wilson as one gifted with the unique athletic talents of Toney but actually good at football…that comparison has stuck with me.

That was an impressive drive by Rodgers.

WTF did I just watch Rodgers and Jets do? They played actual NFL offense?

That should be a wrap. Great game from Mason. The rest of the team solid as well, good for the upgraded secondary to get a pick.

Btw I dont know if this was posteed but heard a crazy stat the other day.

Rodgers is 35-2 since 2017 (or something like that) when his defense holds opp down to 21 (or 20) or less.

feck betting on the NFL, that drive took it over my points I had on unders, all because 49ers had already won then just couldn't be arsed defending. Stupid feckin game. :lol: can't wait to lose more money next week

Mason looks great for a UDFA, lot of fans have been begging on the forums for him to get more snaps and give CMC a rest.

Think that will prove to be a very good win at the business end of things, the Jets look good and if Rodgers can perform they have enough weapons to do some damage. They need to sort of the Reddick situation though, which is just weird at this point.