NFL 2023

Going by the replies even Packers and Bears fans are rooting for the Lions against the Niners :lol:

I grew up Red Wings, Lakers, Eagles, Yankees.

As I have grown I am Red Wings, Pistons, Eagles, Tigers.

I can't erase the Eagles but my love of Detroit has me pulling for them really hard. I hope they pull it off because if a City ever deserved a bit of happiness, it's Detroit.

The Saints no-DPI call guy back in 2018.

He has never been assigned to a NOLA game ever since :lol: :lol:

Interesting stuff this, hadn't thought about such things before.

Are you sure about that? I checked before the POs started and they were 5/1 to win back then.

Would have actually been 7/1 mate as I was using decimal odds from when I used to do matched betting, was virgin bet. Was honestly shocked and almost put something on it, felt they were being quite a bit underestimated tbh. Didn’t check the market anywhere else. Kicking myself a bit as I really fancy them.

Niners would be underdogs for me against both remaining AFC teams. You really gonna bet against Mahomes in favor of Purdy? Couldn't be me, especially after watching him against the Packers last weekend.

No, I’d still favour Chiefs/Ravens over the Niners, but I do think it would be a much closer game than if the Lions made it.

No, I’d still favour Chiefs/Ravens over the Niners, but I do think it would be a much closer game than if the Lions made it.
The bookmakers (FanDuel) have the Niners a 3pt favorite against the Chiefs and a 1 1/2 pt favorite against the Ravens.

The Lions are an underdog against both.

Interesting they'd have SF favored over Baltimore considering who whipped who only a month ago.
Isn’t that how odds work. They’re factoring in Baltimore have to get past Kansas, who they see as tougher than Detroit. If SF and Ravens make the Super Bowl you’ll likely see that order flip. If not that’s just dumb. Or I’m misunderstanding your post

I grew up Red Wings, Lakers, Eagles, Yankees.

As I have grown I am Red Wings, Pistons, Eagles, Tigers.

I can't erase the Eagles but my love of Detroit has me pulling for them really hard. I hope they pull it off because if a City ever deserved a bit of happiness, it's Detroit.
At least you grew out of this

Isn’t that how odds work. They’re factoring in Baltimore have to get past Kansas, who they see as tougher than Detroit. If SF and Ravens make the Super Bowl you’ll likely see that order flip. If not that’s just dumb. Or I’m misunderstanding your post
The odds I was quoting are for teams reaching the Super Bowl. If the Niners and Ravens make it the Niners would be a 1.5 point favorite. It has nothing to do with the Ravens vs Chiefs game. These odds assume the Ravens have already beaten the Chiefs.

Same for Niners vs Chiefs and the Niners being a 3 pt favorite. That line assumes the Chiefs have already beaten the Ravens.

And yet the morons at Peacock think it's still smart to spread the broadcast over separate stations. They announced the Lions-Bucs game was the most watched game before with 40+ million, also a lot of course, but now with the CBS number they have egg on their face.
Not at all. Peacock is a subscription service which unfortunately for NBC not a lot of people subscribe to. I think it's $5.99 per month. (I have it for the Premier League). They've already probably picked up a number of football fans because of the Chiefs-Dolphins game which was Peacock only so if they can get those new subscribers to watch another game on Peacock, maybe they're more likely to keep their subscription up.

Last edited:
The odds I was quoting are for teams reaching the Super Bowl. If the Niners and Ravens make it the Niners would be a 1.5 point favorite. It has nothing to do with the Ravens vs Chiefs game. These odds assume the Ravens have already beaten the Chiefs.

Same for Niners vs Chiefs and the Niners being a 3 pt favorite. That line assumes the Chiefs have already beaten the Ravens.
Could you dm me a link? Everything I’m seeing online is “X to beat Y in the superbowl” which at this point is still factoring in the championship game opponent

I wonder how much money has moved the line

edit: never mind I found it

And yet the morons at Peacock think it's still smart to spread the broadcast over separate stations. They announced the Lions-Bucs game was the most watched game before with 40+ million, also a lot of course, but now with the CBS number they have egg on their face.

Wasn't the Chiefs-Bills game also on Paramount + ?

Wasn't the Chiefs-Bills game also on Paramount + ?
I think it might have been but the Chiefs-Dolphins game was Peacock only. That's why so many people were making a fuss because they had to pay to see the game.

I think it might have been but the Chiefs-Dolphins game was Peacock only. That's why so many people were making a fuss because they had to pay to see the game.

Ahh right. Forgot that it was exclusive to Peacock. Definitely a dick move by NBC trying to force people to subscribe just for one game.

With the Lions in conference finals, possibly going to the SB... Bills truly is the most cursed fandom.

UrinatingTree delivering with another chapter of The Greatest Game. A nice summary of the Chiefs/Bills game with the Tree's touch.

Looks like the long-rumored Jim Harbaugh to LAC is becoming reality. A Harbaugh coached team with cornerstones in place at QB, LT, & DE and a #5 pick will be a force to be reckoned with sooner than later.

Hooray…

I'm going with

Panthers - Mike Vrabel
Falcons - Ben Johnson
Commanders - Bobby Slowik
Seahawks - Raheem Morris

Quinn, Belichick, Glenn the other three obvious ones involved, it seems. Falcons will depend on how much power Arthur Blank will want to give/concede to BB I think. If they land BB, Ben Johnson is going to the Commanders instead of Slowik imo. Can't see him not getting a HC job this cycle.

Panthers have gone for Dave Canales - Bucs OC and former Seahawks QB coach. Only had one year as an OC but I can see the appeal given the improvement in Baker Mayfield and Geno Smith when he worked with them.

Panthers have gone for Dave Canales - Bucs OC and former Seahawks QB coach. Only had one year as an OC but I can see the appeal given the improvement in Baker Mayfield and Geno Smith when he worked with them.
feck. What a pisser. Would have liked to see him & Baker stay together for a few years.

Want to see some continuity with Baker…

Last edited:
Falcons are hiring Raheem Morris leaving just the Commanders and the Seahawks looking for a HC. Been suggested all along that the Commanders are likely landing Ben Johnson, which is a shame but would still leave the Seahawks with a free run at Mike MacDonald or Slowik or even Vrabel if we want someone with head coach experience. So many options that aren't Dan Quinn.

Meh, defensive minded HC for Drake London. Weird choice given that he already was assistant and interim HC there in the not so distant past. They also still need a new OC right?

If you were the Vikings how much would you be willing to give in order to move into the top 3 in the upcoming draft? Or maybe settle with the likes of Penix, Nix or McCarthy?

I have seen people suggest anything between 2 to 4 first round picks and multiple other picks plus maybe Jefferson.

If you were the Vikings how much would you be willing to give in order to move into the top 3 in the upcoming draft? Or maybe settle with the likes of Penix, Nix or McCarthy?

I have seen people suggest anything between 2 to 4 first round picks and multiple other picks plus maybe Jefferson.
I wouldn't trade Jefferson, but I'd be giving up my '25 and '26 first yeah. Problem is that likely all 3 teams in the top 3 also need a QB so will probably ask for a lot in return.

The 2025 QB class kinda sucks anyway, no real standouts so far and it's headlined by Ewers (meh), Allar (meh) and Sanders (meh) if I'm not mistaken. If you trade up for Daniels, Maye or Williams you basically open up your SB window anyway so not having your 25 1st wouldn't move the needle that much. But your #11 right now and 25 1st isn't nearly enough for the Commanders, Bears or Pats to move their pick imo, so it would take (quite a lot) more than that.

It would be the right move though, I'd break the bank for any of the top 3 QBs. Maye and Williams more so than Daniels, but even him - he has some Lamar-like traits although decision-making when running needs to get a lot better, can be easily coached though.

I wouldn't trade Jefferson, but I'd be giving up my '25 and '26 first yeah. Problem is that likely all 3 teams in the top 3 also need a QB so will probably ask for a lot in return.

The 2025 QB class kinda sucks anyway, no real standouts so far and it's headlined by Ewers (meh), Allar (meh) and Sanders (meh) if I'm not mistaken. If you trade up for Daniels, Maye or Williams you basically open up your SB window anyway so not having your 25 1st wouldn't move the needle that much. But your #11 right now and 25 1st isn't nearly enough for the Commanders, Bears or Pats to move their pick imo, so it would take (quite a lot) more than that.

It would be the right move though, I'd break the bank for any of the top 3 QBs. Maye and Williams more so than Daniels, but even him - he has some Lamar-like traits although decision-making when running needs to get a lot better, can be easily coached though.

I would be willing to part with the first rounds but it's the additional picks that make me pause. The Vikings are young enough, so they don't need a ton of picks but at the same time they need to draft some interior linemen which is why the second rounds are extremely valuable in the near future.

Or maybe there is the option of trading for Howell in exchange of a mid round pick, build the trenches and if Howell isn't good enough, break the bank in the 2026 draft? That's if the Commanders draft a QB in the top 3..

Maye is dropping on some boards, now considered third best as some analysts see Daniels as clear second. Not sure if the combine and pro days will change many minds but is possible. Then there are McCarthy, Nix, and Penix which I see at least one of them in the first round, possibly two.

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-falcons...nfl-head-coaching-hiring-cycle-012324964.html
Looks like Blank didn't want to give Belichick full control of everything football operations and ultimately went with a guy the organization knew and liked and McKay had a good relationship with. The Falcons interviewed 15 candidates... 15! (The list is in the link). That's some diligence. I think Morris is a good hire but I would want an offensive guy in there for whatever QB you end up with and all those offensive talents. They need to hit a hail mary pass on the OC and QBC hires.

Seattle and Washington supposedly haven't put out a feeler on Belichick.

I think there is a tendency to undervalue draft picks in general but over-rate the ability to assess which college QBs are ready to go at NFL level or even identify the weaknesses that can result in a young QB's NFL career getting derailed in those first few years. So many early draft selections, especially QBs, look ridiculous in hindsight. It would not surprise me at all if at least one of this year's hyped draft stars finds NFL a struggle.

I'd steer clear of any deal of that type. Take the best QB available when it is the Vikings turn, see how that goes, then next year select another QB in one of the early rounds.

Last edited:

I have this strange feeling that it's a career ending injury.