NFL 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
14925231_10154477994916006_1318118661018244631_n.jpg

Too man injuries, secondary is ... bleh, the playcalling is too conservative at times and predictable other times (especially with Rodgers as QB).

I don't think this is valid anymore. We probably have a variety of personnel including rookies, just activated players, oldies and crocks in a jumble mix out there. Davis, Janis and Allison all having TDs out of preseason would have been unthinkable before.

For a 3rd round pick?! :wenger: This has got to be because of an issue off the field, no?

Poor Collins, though. Going from a 7-1 team, to and 0-8. He should just retire.

From what I've read he was going to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, was asking for Von Miller money & talks hadn't progressed. Still shocked we traded him after trading Chandler Jones at the start of the season.

ESPN analysts reporting Collins is seeking a huge contract, in the Von Miller range, and the Pats decided not to deal with the headache.

From what I've read he was going to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, was asking for Von Miller money & talks hadn't progressed. Still shocked we traded him after trading Chandler Jones at the start of the season.

Why not just let him see out his contract, and say goodbye when the season is over? Losing Collins is bad no matter how you look at it.
Considering the fact that the Pats don't really have any picks in next years draft, it makes sense though.

For a 3rd round pick?! :wenger: This has got to be because of an issue off the field, no?

Poor Collins, though. Going from a 7-1 team, to and 0-8. He should just retire.
Thats gotta sting. In with a good chance of getting a ring this season..

Free Agent at the end of the year, they get a 3rd round pick for him. they must figure they have someone who can match his production and better to get a 3rd rounder for him.
They wouldve got a decent compensatory pick fpr him if he left via free agency.

I don't think this is valid anymore. We probably have a variety of personnel including rookies, just activated players, oldies and crocks in a jumble mix out there. Davis, Janis and Allison all having TDs out of preseason would have been unthinkable before.

You think? Except for last night, the play calling has been pretty poor for over a year. Last night had more variety, then the start of the second half started, and it became predictable (until we went behind).

Wtf.

Did anyone see the rnb quartet singing the anthem?

Bears are totally out playing the Vikings so far

Last edited:
Norv Turner has resigned as the Vikings' OC.

This week has had some out of the blue announcements if you add the Collins trade and Johnson's retirement to this news.

Norv Turner has resigned as the Vikings' OC.

This week has had some out of the blue announcements if you add the Collins trade and Johnson's retirement to this news.
Its not surprising. They have the best defense but their offense is 2nd to last. They need a change.

So I see Siemian will have a 'C' on the front of his jersey for the 2nd half of the season. Interesting.

Oh - I never actually knew that Captains wore a C :lol:
:lol: I think it makes sense to have the QB in a captains role but I mostly found it interesting as it makes it clear he's #1 for at least the rest of the season.

For all the talk of it only being a matter of time before Lynch took over, Siemian has done well.

:lol: I think it makes sense to have the QB in a captains role but I mostly found it interesting as it makes it clear he's #1 for at least the rest of the season.

For all the talk of it only being a matter of time before Lynch took over, Siemian has done well.

Yeah.

On a side note Tampa's colour rush looked quite cool yesterday.

On another side note it was very interesting to read yesterday that the only years NFL ratings have been down year on year are election years (2004, 2012 and this year).

Really wish the Broncos-Raiders game wasn't the late night one, that should be a good one to watch.

Pats on a bye so I'm reliant on only United not to feck up my day :nervous:

I was just about to have a moan about that, it feels like the Broncos have been the late game loads so far. Thursday night, Monday night, and now the late Sunday night. So annoying.

Will be interesting to see how we'll (Vikes) get along without Norv Turner now, we've been so terrible on offense after the bye week. Need to get things going against Detroit to get things firing again. That's O-line, though. :( Poor Bradford. He'll probably get injured if we'd kept on persisting with the 7-drop passes .. Need plays to get rid of the ball much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.