NBA 2019-2020

Harsh on the Knicks who had two back to back tough games that they could have very well won.

The Knicks NEED a PG badly and they need a closer.

I see bad things but I also see a lot of positives. Sadly just another moral victory.

If only they could trade their franchise star for a young, athletic point guard...

Also, Melo is horrific on defence. No amount of long-twos and jab-steps are going to make up for what he gives up on the other end.

Ayton out and Booker having a horrible shooting game and we still took the Nuggets to OT before losing by 1.

Really liking what I'm seeing with the team's attitude on defense since Monty took over.

Dudley has averaged 7 points his whole career and he's 34 now but Melo cant play anymore? Its a shame what they doing to the man
Melo doesn't want to come off the bench. He's going to be a problem in the locker room because he's not good enough to warrant shots over LeBron and AD and yet still wants to be a starter.

Every team would be in for him if he's willing to take a step back and contribute to winning instead of his personal scoring stats.

If only they could trade their franchise star for a young, athletic point guard...

Also, Melo is horrific on defence. No amount of long-twos and jab-steps are going to make up for what he gives up on the other end.
I know what your saying on the defensive end but what the lakers need right now are guys who can give them points and Melo could provide that for them off the Bench. Points that can lead to wins. He also is a proven closer granted he is 35 now and has been out the league for a year. Either way I am not defending that Melo be a starter for any team but to say he cant make the bench on most NBA teams then that's just insane to me.

Melo doesn't want to come off the bench. He's going to be a problem in the locker room because he's not good enough to warrant shots over LeBron and AD and yet still wants to be a starter.

Every team would be in for him if he's willing to take a step back and contribute to winning instead of his personal scoring stats.
He has stated he has accepted the fact that he has to come off the bench. He also said towards the end of his tenure at Houston he began to accept it and even had a few high scoring games off the bench.

I do believe Melo believe he was still THAT guy at OKC and in the beginning at Houston but he himself has stated he has learned to accept the new role as he has aged.

At least Dudley can provide defensive assistance.
What they need more than anything off the bench is points and thats clear as day. I would take 20 points over some "defensive assistance" when you need your bench to step up.

He has stated he has accepted the fact that he has to come off the bench. He also said towards the end of his tenure at Houston he began to accept it and even had a few high scoring games off the bench.

I do believe Melo believe he was still THAT guy at OKC and in the beginning at Houston but he himself has stated he has learned to accept the new role as he has aged.
Melo talks a lot of shit just like Dwight and LeBron. Don't believe what they say.

You really think LeBron wouldn't have gotten him in if he believes Melo really changed? The Lakers front office would go for Melo if LeBron wants him in.

Melo talks a lot of shit just like Dwight and LeBron. Don't believe what they say.

You really think LeBron wouldn't have gotten him in if he believes Melo really changed? The Lakers front office would go for Melo if LeBron wants him in.
I think there is more to it than that.

Obviously what he says and what he thinks could be two different things but he is not 33 or 32 anymore and he knows that, he is 35 soon to be 36 and I highly doubt he still believes he is a guy who can average 30 as a starter.

He can still provide a lot off of the bench and for his love of the game I think he may have finally accepted a role that before was way too hard to swallow.

Think of EVERY team in the NBA and he cant make the bench on any of them? nah there is more involved then just "he is not good enough"

Once again before people think I am saying he should be a starter I am talking about the BENCH.

Obviously what he says and what he thinks could be two different things but he is not 33 or 32 anymore and he knows that, he is 35 soon to be 36 and I highly doubt he still believes he is a guy who can average 30 as a starter.

He can still provide a lot off of the bench and for his love of the game I think he may have finally accepted a role that before was way too hard to swallow.

Think of EVERY team in the NBA and he cant make the bench on any of them? nah there is more involved then just "he is not good enough"

Once again before people think I am saying he should be a starter I am talking about the BENCH.

again, what do you think is involved?

Players in the league don't believe he's willing to come off the bench.

End of story. Stop trying to dramatise everything by making it seem that Melo is being wronged, players have a lot of sway over the front office and if players really want him, he'll still be in the league.

28 points off the bench.

3 20 point games off the bench in 10 games

13 something points for game off the bench.

And he is not good enough but Dudley is lol?

Players in the league don't believe he's willing to come off the bench.

End of story. Stop trying to dramatise everything by making it seem that Melo is being wronged, players have a lot of sway over the front office and if players really want him, he'll still be in the league.
Many people out the league players and coaches and others cant seem to understand why that is so:nono:

why do you think that? who would be doing it? what is the motivation?
You never answered my question.

Also I don't know I am not an NBA executive.

So again is Carmelo Anthony worse than all 450 players in the NBA? If yes then I cant take this debate seriously anymore.

So again is Carmelo Anthony worse than all 450 players in the NBA? If yes then I cant take this debate seriously anymore.
He's not worse than all of them, but clearly players and front offices think that he's not worth the trouble for what he can provide.

It's not that hard to understand, not sure why you're being so obstinate over this point.

You're the one making the claim so I feel like you should at least have a theory.

I have no doubt that Carmelo could beat many current nba players one on one. But hes not good enough to be an iso heavy ball stopper anymore. There are legitimate questions about his attitude, hes always been a lazy defender and poor playmaker and his athleticism is dropping as he ages. Meanwhile Jared Dudley is versatile defender who shoots 40% from three and can play off ball.

It's obvious to most people why Dudley is on a roster and Anthony isn't and it's not some conspiracy.

He's not worse than all of them, but clearly players and front offices think that he's not worth the trouble for what he can provide.

It's not that hard to understand, not sure why you're being so obstinate over this point.
Ok and all I said which started this mini debate was "Melo could get 15-20 off the bench" and that if a guy like Dudley could make a roster spot then so could Melo.

Its an opinion which I could have just as you can have yours so what's the problem.

You're the one making the claim so I feel like you should at least have a theory.

I have no doubt that Carmelo could beat many current nba players one on one. But hes not good enough to be an iso heavy ball stopper anymore. There are legitimate questions about his attitude, hes always been a lazy defender and poor playmaker and his athleticism is dropping as he ages. Meanwhile Jared Dudley is versatile defender who shoots 40% from three and can play off ball.

It's obvious to most people why Dudley is on a roster and Anthony isn't and it's not some conspiracy.
I feel Melo deserved and deserves a shot to be a real bench option on a team as I still believe he has something in him to give . In the case of the lakers as I said before they need and lack points coming off the bench and Melo would be able to provide that. Dudley defense clearly was not a factor when they were getting ran through by the clippers so why not have a guy who can help keep you in the game when your two stars are resting. Once again its an opinion don't shoot me.

I dont understand why you are going after Jared Dudley either. There are plenty of worse players who would make more sense for your point.
I am not but I am using the lakers as an example because we were initially talking about the lakers. There are for sure worse players then Dudley in the NBA.

I feel Melo deserved and deserves a shot to be a real bench option on a team as I still believe he has something in him to give . In the case of the lakers as I said before they need and lack points coming off the bench and Melo would be able to provide that. Dudley defense clearly was not a factor when they were getting ran through by the clippers so why not have a guy who can help keep you in the game when your two stars are resting. Once again its an opinion don't shoot me.

Are you honestly basing your opinions over 1 game? I'm going to sleep now.

Are you honestly basing your opinions over 1 game? I'm going to sleep now.

Well two now. Tonight was more of the same. There is no scoring front that bench. Same thing can be said about KCP who is absolute garbage or is he better than Melo to?

Ok and all I said which started this mini debate was "Melo could get 15-20 off the bench" and that if a guy like Dudley could make a roster spot then so could Melo.

Its an opinion which I could have just as you can have yours so what's the problem.
Your problem is that you think scoring is all it takes for players to make a roster.

Even if the Lakers signed Melo, he is unplayable in the playoffs. He might give them some empty stats in the regular season but he won't be played in the playoffs. That is when his ego becomes a problem. He can't understand that he can't be on the floor in meaningful games. This is despite somewhat of an acceptance that he will come off the bench.

Melo doesn’t defend at all, causes trouble and despite him saying that he’s willing to accept a bench role I very much doubt that’s the case. He literally laughed at the idea of ever coming off bench less than two years ago.

Offensively there are much worse players who have made NBA rosters this year, defensively there may be very few who are as bad. As overall package there’s nobody who comes with this amount of issues that has made an NBA team so far this season. It’s just too much hassle to bring him on board and risk messing with your teams chemistry, especially as the potential reward of a few good offensive performances, that have at best neutral effect due to his defense, is just not enough.

Melo:lol:

Guy is beyond awful nowadays, hilarious to think that there's a conspiracy against him. No one takes him because he's shit, simple as.
15-20 points off the bench, yeah on 30 shots

So the ruling here is (and once again I am just talking about the lakers atm) Melo cant make a 15 man rotation but KCP can? Thats not even to mention other scrubs who play on worse teams. Towards the end of his tenure at Houston he seemed to start to accept the role and off the bench had a 24,22, and 27 point game and he could give a team that right now.

15 man rotation 30 teams 450 players I think the guy can make the bench. I would hate to see him retire in this fashion being almost forced out the league.

KP and Luka are going to be a great great duo.