Music Most talented musicians in the world

One name I've not seen mentioned who was/is incredible - Jean-Michel Jarre

Mike Oldfield would be another who doesn't play complex music but is a brilliant multi instrumentalist/super talented guy.
I thought of him, but I'm not a big fan (even if that shouldn't matter) and didn't mention him. That does remind of Vangelis though. He's not really known this way, but he's actually a very good keyboardist, as well as a good drummer, and he can obviously compose great stuff, ranging from Aphrodite's Child prog, his own fusion bits, and experimental nuttiness, to the soaring synth tunes, evocative soundtracks, pop (with Jon Anderson), and new age that he's best known for. On top of that, he's pretty good at improvisation, which shows how he really masters the synthesizer to its full extent, as well as the studio environment. He's actually pretty underrated I think.

I thought of him, but I'm not a big fan (even if that shouldn't matter) and didn't mention him. That does remind of Vangelis though. He's not really known this way, but he's actually a very good keyboardist, as well as a good drummer, and he can obviously compose great stuff, ranging from Aphrodite's Child prog, his own fusion bits, and experimental nuttiness, to the soaring synth tunes, evocative soundtracks, pop (with Jon Anderson), and new age that he's best known for. On top of that, he's pretty good at improvisation, which shows how he really masters the synthesizer to its full extent, as well as the studio environment. He's actually pretty underrated I think.

Some good calls there, there's a lot on this list I've never heard of but what's clear is that there's a lot of talent around despite the amount of, IMO anyway, utter shite there is

One name I've not seen mentioned who was/is incredible - Jean-Michel Jarre
One of those people that doesn't really show it. Interestingly, he actually started out playing musique concrète, but then decided he wanted to go into a different direction and made Oxygène - which is musically about as simple as it gets, and pretty commercially oriented, as is most of his work, with Zoolook as the most notable exception (which is brilliant). He's obviously got a huge command of synthesizers and the studio, but he's not really someone that impresses me in terms of musical talent but rather in terms of putting his work to good effect.

I like him btw (at least until Oxygène 7-13), I'm not trying to slag him off. Just not someone I'd think of in this context.

Lot of people plucking strings but how many can do it with spare waste pipes and a pair of flip flops?

These 2 always blow my mind, Gabriela in particular with her percussion and playing the guitar at the same time is unreal

These two lived in Dublin when they were younger and busked. They also had a residency in a local run down hotel near where I lived in rathmines, so we got to see them in a small room every Thursday for a few months. They're very good at what they do but it there is a limit to how much of it I can listen to.

Alex Hutchings for me. The most amazing guitarist I've ever heard. He's like if someone perfected Shawn Lane.
Drum wise, Larnell Lewis is amazing, as are dudes like Minnermann.

Cause theres never a bad time to post Alex.

i like how hutch starts all his rehearsals with a simple 2-1.

These two lived in Dublin when they were younger and busked. They also had a residency in a local run down hotel near where I lived in rathmines, so we got to see them in a small room every Thursday for a few months. They're very good at what they do but it there is a limit to how much of it I can listen to.

Thats cool, I only found them on YouTube in my many YouTube worm holes I find myself in but listening to them for probably over 30 minutes could be an issue for sure