Most Footballer Looking Footballer

Even if there will always be talks about how small they are in a pro sport with bigger players, stocky ones are the ones that always looked to me like the real (even in the hood) and tend to end being the real deal, Edson, Diego, Romario, Lio silky and effortless skills and talent, but powerful more or less midgets...even in lesser players you can see that trademark, Rooney, Tevez, Kun...they kind of combine the cunning need to play the game, the strength, the pace/burst and build to hold the ball that when combine with great talent, skills like this fellas, they are just pure football.

PD: BTW focus on the legs.

59322fd50a31e580827f51ff76a4ba71918d8a10.jpg

Agree with Cavani and Ronaldo Nazario

I would add Socrates
Socrates_10.jpg

And Roberto Carlos
1032668114_740215_0000000001_noticia_normal.jpg

Surely he’s one of the least footballer looking footballer? Tall as a tree, lanky frame, hair-style of a 70’s rock star?

I understand why you would think that. It is an image from the old times when the bodies of athletes where quite different.

Similarly, compared to current NBA players you would think players like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain were too lanky.

To me Socrates is the perfect image of his era. Roberto Carlos too, just different eras.

Last edited:
Socrates in that picture looks more like a tennis player or Cat Stevens at the peak of his popularity.

I understand why you would think that. It is an image from the old times when the bodies of athletes where quite different.

Similarly, compared to current NBA players you would think players like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain were too lanky.

To me Socrates is the perfect image of his era. Roberto Carlos too, just different eras.
Socrates stood out in his era too, that’s partly why he was so iconic. I mean, look at Zico, we don’t have to go far — or Diego who was mentioned beforehand. Does Socrates represent the era? In many ways yes. Does Socrates look like an archetypical (or even perfect) footballer? Come on!

The most footballer looking footballer in my mind is Bryan Robson. Someone whose key attributes included being fit to run up and down the pitch all game without looking like he spent half the day every day in the gym. And whose face wouldn't look out of place either as a school teacher or a factory worker. In other words just an ordinary bloke.

Jay Spearing has a football shaped head.

I can't post images yet but he's the first player that came to mind.