Most Footballer Looking Footballer

Lentwood

In contrast to the 'least footballer looking footballer' thread, which footballers look like they were built to play the game?

It's interesting because footballers do come in all shapes and sizes, even players who play the same position. Sometimes being stocky is an advantage (Casemiro) whilst a player in exactly the same position can be taller and 'rangier' (Patrick Vieira).

What I am interested in, is which players look like they were built to play football specifically? If you were to see them in the street and be told they were a professional athlete, you'd instantly think 'footballer'.

I'll start with the obvious, which for me is Ronaldo. If you had to build a footballer, you'd build him.

Aside from Ronaldo, I'd say Marcus Rashford looks like our most footballer-like footballer.

21_01_15_05252a22793cd4a137cc57cc5c8eb68c_960.jpg

061514023868-web-tete.jpg

I'd say that Pelé would be my number 1 choice. It has to be a physical specimen (although it's tempting to pick someone like Messi or Maradona due to how dominant they were with their play style) but I don't think that it should be anyone too tall.

And then Luis Ronaldo (at his athletic peak) as a substitute:

Screenshot-at-Sep-10-14-12-39-e1599740020331.png

I've always had the notion you can look at players and tell what position they play for the most part. Wingers and strikers looking sharper and cunning - sly eyes like demon - midfielders usually have that more tussled look; cb's are getting harder to define, however.

Jimmy Bullard.

We are talking about Sunday League, right?

cb's are getting harder to define, however.
I'd say that generally CBs are the most recognizable out of the lot if we exclude odd outsiders like Beckenbauer/Koeman or Licha from more recent ones.... and even though his height is deceptive I'd still probably recognize a CB in Licha even if I never saw him play (although he could've been a murderous CM a la Medel).

Alejandro Garnacho. Both his looks and his name screams "football superstar" to me.

Same with Julian Alvarez.

I'd say that generally CBs are the most recognizable out of the lot if we exclude odd outsiders like Beckenbauer/Koeman or Licha from more recent ones.... and even though his height is deceptive I'd still probably recognize a CB in Licha even if I never saw him play (although he could've been a murderous CM a la Medel).
Haha, yeah, it used to be with the sticker albums you could pick X, Y or Z out of a line up. Would be an interesting experiment to try with a league you've no clue of the players, let alone the positions they play, and see how many you can call.

CB's used to be really easy (I think), but they're getting less chiseled and 'grunt' like in appearance for the most part now, and your 'head first' stoppers with broken noses etc. are very few and far between these days.

G. Bale at Spurs when he had the shorter hair

I've always had the notion you can look at players and tell what position they play for the most part. Wingers and strikers looking sharper and cunning - sly eyes like demon - midfielders usually have that more tussled look; cb's are getting harder to define, however.

Yeah I was one of those who said it was impossible for Martinez to play CB in the Premier League. I suppose modern tactics enable different players to be effective, or even more effective, at CB nowadays...

Actually, we might see more players with 'full-back builds' become CBs.....we have seen it with Luke Shaw and Kyle Walker recently

Yeah I was one of those who said it was impossible for Martinez to play CB in the Premier League. I suppose modern tactics enable different players to be effective, or even more effective, at CB nowadays...

Actually, we might see more players with 'full-back builds' become CBs.....we have seen it with Luke Shaw and Kyle Walker recently
Does seem like the 'rules' or 'lines' are blurring, or certainly not what they used to be. Be interesting to see if it becomes a trend.

While defenders tend to look like metallic serbian rapist.

Mario Gomez looked pretty much like an actor or model hired to play a footballer in an advert or something.

Sometimes looked like that on the pitch as well.

eee4903b90f2717b2f54993503b1781a.jpg

For me, I would say in the defender position. This guy is almost ideal in terms of physical attributes from a laboratory. His body frame is neither too skinny nor too muscular, fast as hell, and has great agility for someone over 6ft. His physical features and intelligence also allow him to be a very versatile player who could play in any position in the backline.

I think John Terry fits this dno why, maybe just cos he's a full kit wanker :lol:

John-Terry-686385252.jpg