Michael Olise

Hammondo

Olise is the opposite of Rashford. Doesnt rely on pace and is looking to play others in so they can score, which is why he got 11 assists last season the same as Saka, 1 less than Salah and 5 less than KDB who made up the top 4 creators in the premier league last season.
But he is like Rashford In the sense that he's a runner and not very technical.

Hammondo

Then how did you come up with the opposite description. He tries his best to not run and relies heavily on his technique.
Do you watch him outside of against United? He gets himself into trouble for running with the ball all the time, and yes he tries to do some technical stuff but he's not that good at it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Do you watch him outside of against United? He gets himself into trouble for running with the ball all the time, and yes he tries to do some technical stuff but he's not that good at it.
Yes. I also watch him for France and I would appreciate it if he actually relied more on running. He does carry the ball but he doesn't run as much as he should.

Last edited:

bosskeano

he would be exactly what Greenwood was for us when he, rashford and martial were tearing up teams and scoring for fun. Only real difference is that Greenwood is more two footed.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think so.
Yeah I'm convinced you haven't seen him enough. I've been to a few Palace games this year and he's head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch technically. Far more so than Rashford and he's only 22.

Hammondo

Yeah I'm convinced you haven't seen him enough. I've been to a few Palace games this year and he's head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch technically. Far more so than Rashford and he's only 22.
Oh yea he's a lot more technical than Rashford, but so is my mum.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Oh yea he's a lot more technical than Rashford, but so is my mum.
You said he's like Rashford in that he's a runner and not technical.

I dont think you've seen him much to compare the technical bracket like that mate.

Chicharito_

I always like a winger with scary pace and he doesn't seem to have this, a good player to break down teams in deep blocks though. I'm torn on him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I always like a winger with scary pace and he doesn't seem to have this, a good player to break down teams in deep blocks though. I'm torn on him.
Very creative, can glide through players from deep but also finds line breaking passes with ease. He's always looking to cross the ball too, and has a strong delivery. Good with both feet but strongest with his left, premier league proven and 22. In the current market I think his clause is well worth it.

I think in an attacking team he's capable of double digit goals and assists straight off the bat. On paper Hojlund would love a player like him.

van Nistelrooy

Still don't think we should be spending £60m+ on him.

Ratcliffe said we should be looking for the next stars in a sense. If Olise was playing in Ligue 1 then he would be worth £40m tops. We shouldn't be spending the little money we have on someone who is unlikely to be fit for most of the season.

LDUred

I don't think so.
Olise's technical ability is outstanding. His close control is one of his strengths as a player.

My issue with him is that he maybe lacks a bit of explosiveness, preferring to keep possession rather than run with it (although his goal last night showed what he can do).

But he's class on the ball, no question.

CtrlAltDeLigt

No question he’s an upgrade. We just have players who keep running in behind, without much success this season. He’s a player who can keep posession, beat a player with a touch and technique rather than trying a bad dribble.

No way you can play in the PL with all your forward 3 trying to beat the offside trap and get a clear shot. Leaves us super open everytime. would rather hope we play 4-4-2, it would get our forwards in half spaces and be more direct, while having extra men in the midfield to cover.

We can do much better with a proven Pl player capable of being a better on the ball than just bombing forward. Will add some balance rather than the current hurriedness we see.

Pickle85

he would be exactly what Greenwood was for us when he, rashford and martial were tearing up teams and scoring for fun. Only real difference is that Greenwood is more two footed.
He's really not very similar to greenwood at all. He's a much better dribbler, for one.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wary of another winger who will lack athleticism and an engine as from everything I read he’s more AM than a true winger.

Redstain

It's a no brainer and keep repeating the same, has league experience so minimal adjustment period. Antony and Sancho have come from overseas and had minimal impact.

He's creative so can play Hojlund in crossing comfortably to the back post. I said last summer that United should have signed a multitude of players for the wide areas, hopefully he's the first signing of the upcoming window.

My opinion he's easily Palace's most influential player.

OleGunnar20

He'd mesh brilliantly with an in form Sancho, Diallo and Mount, but less so with Rashford, Garnacho and Bruno in my opinion.

Style wise, whether he'd make a sensible target would depend on which direction we want to take this shambolic squad in. Injuries make it a non starter for me though.

We need to filter out injury prone players as a foundation of recruitment policy.

lex talionis

We should be able to sell Antony and Sancho together for 40m. Investing 50-60m for Olise to replace those two would be wise.

That said, Olise can't be blamed if he has greater ambitions than the disaster of a club the Glazers have created at Old Trafford.

Hammondo

He'd mesh brilliantly with an in form Sancho, Diallo and Mount, but less so with Rashford, Garnacho and Bruno in my opinion.

Style wise, whether he'd make a sensible target would depend on which direction we want to take this shambolic squad in. Injuries make it a non starter for me though.

We need to filter out injury prone players as a foundation of recruitment policy.
Yea but I'm not sure I'm not the only person sick of holding back changes because X player wouldn't suit it.

Ekeke

Malacia is way better than Mitchell, unless you want another AWB at left back instead of a technical, inverted LB.
Left footed AWB is exactly how Malacia played for us, at least when he was doing well at the start of last season. He was aggressive and good with ball winning but had no end product going forward. After that he was error prone with the ball and worse than AWB - just not at leftback, where AWB brings nothing going forward and Malacia is obviously more comfortable.

C'est Moi Cantona

We should be able to sell Antony and Sancho together for 40m. Investing 50-60m for Olise to replace those two would be wise.

That said, Olise can't be blamed if he has greater ambitions than the disaster of a club the Glazers have created at Old Trafford.
We'll likely have to pay to get rid of Antony for a while, and Sancho might fetch £50 million, so your figures could be right, but paying £10-£20 million more for Olise, than we get for Sancho and Antony combined seems a bit mad.