Media Thread

Why would Politico favour the Republican Party?
I thought they did too, but I am now surprised to learn they are considered left of center.

temp-Image-HVW0-G7.avif

Last edited:
The Daily Mail is alot of things but to lump it in with Breitbart and OAN is abit of a stretch, the BBC feel incredibly left at times too very P.C culture from my time working there
It’s practically the Daily National Front isn’t it? Anti-immigrant, anti-labor? Stephen Colbert said that reality has a distinct liberal bias, so a lot of these listed as left of center really seem ideology-free to me.

It’s practically the Daily National Front isn’t it? Anti-immigrant, anti-labor? Stephen Colbert said that reality has a distinct liberal bias, so a lot of these listed as left of center really seem ideology-free to me.

What do you mean by "reality has a distinct liberal bias?"

What do you mean by "reality has a distinct liberal bias?"

It's pretty obvious - right wing / conservative economic policy inherently appeals to a minority of people so their focus instead is on riling up the ignorant masses to convince them to vote against their self-interests. Most of the time this is accomplished by lying - hence the axiom that reality has a liberal bias because conservatives can't actually produce substantive policy arguments with broad appeal.

Politico is a Axel Springer company now. If they were once left leaning they aren't anymore.

The Daily Mail is alot of things but to lump it in with Breitbart and OAN is abit of a stretch, the BBC feel incredibly left at times too very P.C culture from my time working there

Online, US facing political content. No print/tv/radio. Rankings based on perspective, not accuracy. The BBC's news content certainly isn't "incredibly left"

It's pretty obvious - right wing / conservative economic policy inherently appeals to a minority of people so their focus instead is on riling up the ignorant masses to convince them to vote against their self-interests. Most of the time this is accomplished by lying - hence the axiom that reality has a liberal bias because conservatives can't actually produce substantive policy arguments with broad appeal.

This is just not true though, whether that be in the US or in the Western World in general.

You wouldn't believe the number of people who subscribe to fiscal tightening, who don't believe in Keynesian economics, who don't believe in big government, the number of people who believe that the state's responsibility should be instead handled by the community (church or other forms of communal support). The number of people who believe that the US debt crisis is truly catastrophic, or who are truly against Universal healthcare because it's "inefficient" is staggering.

I am particularly intrigued by any scientific analysis which manages to conclude that the NYT opinion section sits firmly in the "left" column. From what I've read they seem to have a fairly large number of right wing contributors.

I am particularly intrigued by any scientific analysis which manages to conclude that the NYT opinion section sits firmly in the "left" column. From what I've read they seem to have a fairly large number of right wing contributors.

I think it's based on the American Overton Window - where anyone left of Obama is a Communist.

This is just not true though, whether that be in the US or in the Western World in general.

You wouldn't believe the number of people who subscribe to fiscal tightening, who don't believe in Keynesian economics, who don't believe in big government, the number of people who believe that the state's responsibility should be instead handled by the community (church or other forms of communal support). The number of people who believe that the US debt crisis is truly catastrophic, or who are truly against Universal healthcare because it's "inefficient" is staggering.
What's the number then?

Not political but the USA network (NBC affiliate that airs premier League games) ran an ad for next week's game. They said not to miss the derby match as Arsenal pays a visit to cross town rivals Aston Villa. Who writes or edits this stuff?
In the US that would be a derby match - Brum to London is like across town!

Not political but the USA network (NBC affiliate that airs premier League games) ran an ad for next week's game. They said not to miss the derby match as Arsenal pays a visit to cross town rivals Aston Villa. Who writes or edits this stuff?
Must be someone from the eastern shore

This shitstain has evolved into a Santorum clone, but without even the resume of actually having been an elected official.

Quality reporting from Donie O'Sullivan on how former Bernie Bros from 2016 have since gone hard right grift.