Maya Le Tissier | our new club captain

I know she played as captain in a pre-season game the other day so I'm not surprised. It's always interesting to see one of the younger players chosen for the role though.

Of course it reminded me of our Chelsea semifinal win and her role in that. Anyone who gets the backs up of pro-Chelsea pundits is my kind of captain :lol:

I thought it would be Millie but I'm delighted it's Maya. Proper leader on the pitch.

Millie can carry on being chief hype merchant

I don't think she's missed a WSL league game since joining it. Consistent performer and great talent.
Will she change position or will Jannsen challenge Millie for the other CB position?

I don't think she's missed a WSL league game since joining it. Consistent performer and great talent.
Will she change position or will Jannsen challenge Millie for the other CB position?
I’m very happy she gets this trust. The first time I saw her play, she took exactly twenty mins to become one of my favorite players.

Nice little update from United there. A nice reminder that we are a football club and the women are now part of the story.

Though personally my favourite SAF meets United women player is still this one described by Ella Toone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/videos/cp6g8yg3x2go

It's just got that wonderful "he knows my name and I've screwed up" vibe :lol:

Last edited: