Player Agent: Rafaela Pimenta
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2029
Contract option: Option for a further year
Outfitter: Adidas

Change the picture ffs he looks fat.

Finally got a CB who's at least some threat in the opposition box

I like this signing

Already very vocal in the training vids. Let's hope it translates

I have high expectations for de Ligt at United! Especially his leading capabilities. Combining his overall talent and effortless knowledge of various languages, he will promise to be an amazing addition to the team.

(Hopefully) All these bad takes from the lazy ex-pros will be totally forgotten in a few months and the same idiots will be telling us all how class is permanent and they knew all along he would be great. :rolleyes:

I really hope he starts tonight, just to give everyone a boost! He certainly looked ready in the short training clips we have seen this week.

Man Utd 1:0 Fulham New
Didn't look lightweight. Looked huge when he came on.

He showed some glimpses in his 15 minutes on the pitch. Hopefully he gets more time next game

Anyone else find it weird when he charged to near the touchline at one point, leaving a huge space behind?

Solid other than that.

Well if we're not winning the game we can at least bully the opposition with those CBs surely. I expect a lot of rotation.

I watched him a lot off the ball tonight and he scans his surrounding much mote than your average centre back. His awareness eas very impressive.

Although he did well to recover and get close to the box after immediately after.

True. Probably easy to get caught up in the moment momentarily. Debut as a late sub in the first game of the season at home in front of a packed Old Trafford. It's nothing to read too much into.

Anyone else find it weird when he charged to near the touchline at one point, leaving a huge space behind?

Solid other than that.

Yup, got away with that as it could have ended badly. Hopefully he'll get that out of his system. English football lives and die by the channels so he'll have to adjust very quickly.

Looks quite sharp though with his mobility.

It was strange when he came on, because I had this weird thing of going "De Ligt plays for United?"

Like its one thing reading it, its another seeing him on the field. Same with Zlatan, it was odd seeing him in the United shirt initially.

Solid other than that.
If you watch the training vid of him from the other day it's a feature of his game. He's the front foot defender and usually has his partner covering behind him. It's why I think Yoro will work better with either De Ligt or Martinez rather than a Martinez - De Ligt partnership as both have a tendancy to try and win the ball high.

Saw some of the mistakes that cost him at Juve and Bayern in his brief cameo. Getting pulled out of position mainly. I think Maguire is ahead of him for now. My expectation is that Yoro will take that spot at some point and he'll just be an upgrade on Lindelof/ alternative to Maguire.

Have always had a feeling that he just looks like a Utd player. Pleasing to finally see him in the shirt and I think this will be the club he really makes his mark.