Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

I'm convinced he signed Mount as back up, which doesn't make sense when you look at the cost and wages, but he will 100% buy a player that plays his position next summer.

He sold him the project, gave him the #7. Let's see.

I'm convinced he signed Mount as back up, which doesn't make sense when you look at the cost and wages, but he will 100% buy a player that plays his position next summer.

Yeah should have sold McTominay & Maguire to West Ham for £60m and put Mount money towards Kane/Osimhen instead

You are right you don't make sense
He did not sign a player for 55m and give him the shirt cantona wore, to be a back up.

Just a little sideline to this thread it’s great to see caicedo ripping the premier league apart makes you wonder why we brought mount

I was quite happy with Mount's signing as I thought he will give us a good quality first XI player of which we lacked a lot. But the mention of Mount in every thread as a massive flop and almost a meme at this point has stripped away all excitement!

I was quite happy with Mount's signing as I thought he will give us a good quality first XI player of which we lacked a lot. But the mention of Mount in every thread as a massive flop and almost a meme at this point has stripped away all excitement!

Yeah only because we could have utilised that money so much better,surely you can see that

He has the ability to change that with his performances, but will it happen? A couple of big performances is all it takes.

He did not sign a player for 55m and give him the shirt cantona wore, to be a back up.

Overpaying for a fairly young Englishman. Sounds like a board signing, see: Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Sancho

Yeah only because we could have utilised that money so much better,surely you can see that

I don't know, it depends. The overwhelming consensus here is that a DM like Ambarat is more important. But that has to be judged basis manager's tactical plan. And those who say this don't believe in manager's tactical plan either. In what the manager is trying to do, an advanced #8 who is good at ball retention, bringing others into play, and pressing is crucial.

Which is what a good section of the fanbase is afraid of.

He's not good enough, has never been good enough, and yet, will end up playing far more than his skillset warrants and justifies. I mean, for Christ sake, people don't even know what role/position he fills. He's never really had a defined one. He just runs around, and that's good enough for some.

It's strange seeing the shift in our fanbase. Nowadays, people are far more accepting of mediocrity, with the "He might become good" narrative, despite, the last 18 months him showing nothing that would suggest that's the case. He's not new to the league. He shouldn't need to get up to speed.
"

When is he back? Read it was September 23rd. Is he on track for this coming weekend?

He should play as a right playmaker winger role in that team. Casemiro Eriksen and Bruno is the correct trio. Mount Rashford and Hojlund should be forward trio.

He is decent player and we should find him correct role.

Getting less play time than his mate Havertz

You would have thought Chelsea's best player and CL winner Mason Mount would play? Turns out he is a nothing player and those things mean absolutely nothing at United.
:lol:

Does this mean EtH is a hater?

Mental that we signed another lightweight 10 whilst City sign Kovacic and Nunes who would've been our best midfielder but hardly plays there. Until we start prioritising players of that ilk like them, we're never going to catch them.

Surely he's got a knock. The alternative (that he's already a bench warmer) would be ridiculous but just sum up our recruitment.

He realized his mistake and that Mount has no place in our main lineup. It's a good thing he gave up on him early rather than fecking us up any longer.

I'm a baffled by this now as I was in the summer. We needed the next Eriksen, not the next Lingard.

Jokes aside would think this is genuine reason. Case/Mount/Bruno is coming back.
The guy who never changes his team if they're winning is keeping him back for the biggest game in Manchester. Right

He realized his mistake and that Mount has no place in our main lineup. It's a good thing he gave up on him early rather than fecking us up any longer.
Yeah, great he is not replacing Bruno or Antony who are doing so well

Personally I’d play him on the right. He’s a good passer and technically very good, and has had success on the wings before. Critically he’s also miles better than Antony

Yeah, great he is not replacing Bruno or Antony who are doing so well

Mount can't play on the wing, that's just a fantasy.

And Bruno is actually more useful. Even while being shit, his stats hold up. Mount is pointless.

Donny, Sabitizer, Mount. We keep bringing in the same sort of player, and you could add Lingard before them, not really a midfielder, not really a 10, not really quick enough for the wing.

Surely he's got a knock. The alternative (that he's already a bench warmer) would be ridiculous but just sum up our recruitment.
Many people called it in his transfer thread in the summer.

Firstly we called that the Casemiro-Mount-Bruno midfield would be horribly unbalanced. And once that was proven to be the case, Mount would end up as a Bruno back-up/utility player. And it's took 13 games for this to come to fruition. I got slaughtered in the transfer thread for negativity...

To be fair, Mount should be getting a run ahead of Bruno at the minute as Bruno is dreadful. At least Mount might not ruin every attack with a cheap loss of possession.

Many people called it in his transfer thread in the summer.

Firstly we called that the Casemiro-Mount-Bruno midfield would be horribly unbalanced. And once that was proven to be the case, Mount would end up as a Bruno back-up/utility player. And it's took 13 games for this to come to fruition. I got slaughtered in the transfer thread for negativity...

To be fair, Mount should be getting a run ahead of Bruno at the minute as Bruno is dreadful. At least Mount might not ruin every attack with a cheap loss of possession.

slight edit to this… Bruno has been terrible when not playing as a sole number 10.

great second half tonight.

Thread title :lol:

Wonder if he'll start vs City. Antony, Bruno, Amrabat, Mctominay weren't really that good tonight. It is looking like a strange signing though, even if all the players were fit and in form.

Y'all are extremely quick to give up on players. At least give him a single season with the team before he's considered a failure.

He's still finding his feet in this team. As soon as we don't have a knife to our throat we'll find opportunities for him to make his mark.

Y'all are extremely quick to give up on players. At least give him a single season with the team before he's considered a failure.

He's still finding his feet in this team. As soon as we don't have a knife to our throat we'll find opportunities for him to make his mark.
Most of the whingers here don't like the manager and ruled Mount out before he signed for us.

They're gagging at whatever scraps they get to have a little jibe. I quite enjoy it.

Complete waste of money, had ten Hag watched England at the WC, he would have realised this also.

We should not be allowing ten Hag to control transfers going forward. Buying Mount and then promoting Mejbri and Mainoo who play the same position is very poor squad management.