Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Either kick him out or do everything possible to de-stench him before the sale to the next dummy. This isn't rocket science
Well, yes.

But United can't do much to de-stench him. Beyond, you know, not doing anything at all (treat him as a possible transfer that other clubs may go for).

The de-stench aspect here amounts to just treating him as any other player, surely.

(What else can United do? Issue a statement? "We can't take him back, but - really - he's a fine lad and a terrific footballer, please consider paying us a shitload of money for him.")

There's only one possible scenario in which United make more than a relative pittance (transfer fee) here: multiple clubs actually want to sign him. But even then, the max fee is limited to - well - common sense. 60 mill? Forget it, not going to happen. The clubs that will be interested in signing him permanently don't have that kind of money.

(The idea that we can sell him to anyone because he's "objectively" worth 60m or whatever...is laughable, of course.)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Well, yes.

But United can't do much to de-stench him. Beyond, you know, not doing anything at all (treat him as a possible transfer that other clubs may go for).

The de-stench aspect here amounts to just treating him as any other player, surely.

(What else can United do? Issue a statement? "We can't take him back, but - really - he's a fine lad and a terrific footballer, please consider paying us a shitload of money for him.")

There's only one possible scenario in which United make more than a relative pittance (transfer fee) here: multiple clubs actually want to sign him. But even then, the max fee is limited to - well - common sense. 60 mill? Forget it, not going to happen. The clubs that will be interested in signing him permanently don't have that kind of money.

(The idea that we can sell him to anyone because he's "objectively" worth 60m or whatever...is laughable, of course.)
I was struggling for a word so came up with de-stench

And yes it can't be done 100%, but there was a "rollout" plan aimed at some level of rehabilitation and reinstatement, before it got torpedoed. No need to rehash that.So once you state that he's not coming back, you can't still expect any sort of reasonable financial return on him. It's the dilly dallying on this that's irritating.

If he is persona non-grata, then cut ties completely and honor his contract, since money is no concern in this option.

Otherwise, maybe do everything possible to rehabilitate him on and off the pitch despite fickle public opinion so that when it's time to sell, someone will possibly buy and we recoup... or simply avail yourselves of the service of a homegrown talent who is a cnut who can also play football well?

I mean, those are your only 2 sensible options.

adexkola

Supports
Apparently two premier league clubs after him.

I imagine one is Arsenal, who clearly don’t care about this sort of thing being an issue based off the starting 11s they’ve had out recently.

Wonder who else?
Almost as if life has gone on for Arsenal, and would have gone on for us in an alternate universe where...

Probably Everton

Yakuza_devils

I think Getafe President killed any hope for us to get a decent fees. He basically tell the whole world that they have discussed with Man Utd and confirmed that we don't want to take him back and looking to sell Greenwood. Any clubs interested in Greenwood will lowball us.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
... or simply avail yourselves of the service of a homegrown talent who is a cnut who can also play football well?
That (probably) ain't gonna happen.

But yes, of course: I do see your point with regard to United's - let's say - moral stance here.

That would be: United's moral stance (not the moral stance of the fans who want him gone).

adexkola

Supports
That (probably) ain't gonna happen.

But yes, of course: I do see your point with regard to United's - let's say - moral stance here.

That would be: United's moral stance (not the moral stance of the fans who want him gone).
Emphasis merited, it's United who are trying to play both sides of the fence here.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think Getafe President killed any hope for us to get a decent fees. He basically tell the whole world that they have discussed with Man Utd and confirmed that we don't want to take him back and looking to sell Greenwood. Any clubs interested in Greenwood will lowball us.
It was hardly a secret.

Rasmus_9

I’m pretty certain when I say that Greenwood has been told by the Getafe boss to do minimal defensive work and running. The other ten are the sort of players that run themselves into the ground. They want Greenwood fresh and ready to hit teams after a quick turn over. Don’t get me wrong he was hardly a workaholic at United but at Getafe he gets into shape quickly but then the pressing is done by others around him which is what I’d expect if you have a player of Greenwood’s class playing for a lowly Spanish team